• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tchia will release Spring 2023 on PS4 & PS5: New look, looks amazing

bitbydeath

How have I slept on this one?

Everything in Tchia is infused with the local culture of New Caledonia. This includes all the various landscapes that we recreated in the open-world archipelago, and that you can freely explore, swim or navigate around, and even climb on if you’d like!
52625965613_8e7123b741_h.jpg

One of the main mechanics in Tchia is called Soul-Jumping. Soul-jumping lets you take control of any object or animal you can find. Any by any object we mean just that – swim as a turtle, fly as a dove or launch yourself at enemies as a lantern plus so much more. Ever secretly wished you were a coconut? Well, now is your time!
Each object or animal you can possess allows you to experience a specific move set. And with a bit of dexterity, you’ll learn unique tricks that will allow you to chain Soul-Jumps and even use a secret feature we call the Soul-Canon! You’ll need to be careful not to deplete your stamina to keep control of your animal or object. As you explore the world and complete challenges, you’ll upgrade your stamina bar for even more Soul-Jumping action.
Exploration is at the heart of Tchia. You can free-climb any surface and soar the skies with Tchia’s glider made of woven coconut leaves...

There’s also racing, shooting ranges, and even claw machines! Each providing rewards ranging from useful items to progress in your quest, or to customize Tchia, her backpack and glider. You’ll encounter those challenges and many other hidden secrets as you sail around the archipelago’s glistening lagoons and dive to the depths of the coral reefs.

Doom85

Game looks really promising, and it’s cool the devs actually traveled to the location to help capture the look of the area. I’m definitely looking forward to this.

jaysius

Banned

Wishlisted. Thanks OP. 👍

PC Requirements:
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-7600 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 580
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-9600 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060 / AMD Radeon RX 5700
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 15 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: SSD (Solid State Drive)

Umbasaborne

Banned
Developers sure love vague non commital release dates. Then when it doesnt show up in spring they can say “we delayed it to later in the year” then when it doesnt show up later in the year, they can say “we pushed it to early 2024”

how does it look so graphically impressive and unimpressive at the same time.

Looks “cute” and fun. But I don’t think I have time for “exploring” games like this.

Duchess

Saw this mentioned in the PS Blog, but dismissed it. What's the appeal, guys..?

(genuine question, not trolling)

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I love the art and how colorful it is

I've been looking forward to this since the announcement

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Saw this mentioned in the PS Blog, but dismissed it. What's the appeal, guys..?

(genuine question, not trolling)
Besides the art :) you can be a lot of different animals and things and the open world is like your playground. You can fly as a bird, swim underwater as a sea turtle, dance with tribes, go rafting, sing songs, etc. It also has a story like your typical adventure game

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tchia is an impressive, upcoming open world island exploration game about transforming into animals and chasing crabs on your own timetable. Developer Awaceb invited us to take an early look at the game so Kyle Hilliard and Wesley LeBlanc decided to take a stroll around the island, transform into a deer and a bird, learn where chicken nuggets come from, and launch ourselves from the heights of trees. Tchia doesnt have a locked in release date, but it is planned for release this year on PC and PlayStation platforms.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join developer Awaceb's co-founders for a behind-the-scenes look at their upcoming game, Tchia, and watch as the team introduces you to the people of New Caledonia to show how the region's rich culture has influenced Tchia’s world and story. The team showcases some of the wonderful cast of characters you'll meet and the talent behind them.

Tchia is an open-world sandbox that invites players to jump into the adventure of a lifetime. Players can explore the ocean depths or become one with nature, with the game’s unique soul-jumping mechanic allowing them to take control of over 30 animals and hundreds of objects, turning the environment into the ultimate exploration tool.

Tchia will be available in spring 2023 for PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.

Top Bottom