• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Classic is available to download now

JordanN

Banned
Team Fortress 2 Classic – a mod inspired by old-school TF2 – is available for players to download now.

2008 is old school.

rAFP13z.gif

Paulxo87

I have a thousand hours in TF2 but I always wished for a PS4 version as well....

Comfy couch, 65" tv.. drinks.. and controller perfect for engineer, etc

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mis-read the title as Team Fortress Classic 2.
TFC shits all over the casual trash that is TF2.
To each their own, I disagree. Though I will admit when TF2 dropped, I was immediately saddened that a lot of TF and TFC didn't carry over. :( But I still loved it.

If and when TF3 happens, I hope that it brings in even more from the originals. I remember being so bummed that there were no more primary and special grenades, haha.

Last edited:

Jeeves

So is this basically the same as the version that's on The Orange Box? Because all the stuff they kept adding to the PC version is what pushed me away from it.

I had not touch TF2 for so long but the game was a staple on my play time back in the days. the new stuffs they add were kinda fun but in the end I definitely miss the original basic setup of the classes. going to look into this for sure.

JordanN

Banned
So is this basically the same as the version that's on The Orange Box? Because all the stuff they kept adding to the PC version is what pushed me away from it.
From the gameplay video I saw, this version actually added all the beta/pre-release concepts TF2 use to have.

Like the Sniper has a totally overpowered machine-gun pistol with scope, or that the Civilian class is now playable.

The Orange Box was just TF2 that barely got updated past launch.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oooooh.

I still think TF2 works fine but I do have nostalgia for the old stuff, particularly the old maps.

Oh man my nostalgia for the original maps (especially ones that never got played much!) is HIGH!

Granary is mad nostalgia.

RNG

From what I’ve played so far it feels more like a hybrid of modern and classic with cosmetics completely turned off.

Forsythia

I definitely need to try this, loved the game on release but after all the item bloat haven't really played it that much.

Top Bottom