• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boonoo

Jangaroo said:
Hey Boo, I'd be up for joining the team but I'm kind of wandering as to how long it's going to run. It says it starts on Aug 26th but I'm assuming it'll run past that right? Semester starts real close for me so I probably won't be available past the 28/29.

We most likely won't last more than one or two games. I imagine we'll get eliminated in short order, and as we won't be practicing the games will take up at the very most maybe an hour a week. So maybe 2 or 3 hours tops.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Boonoo said:
We most likely won't last more than one or two games. I imagine we'll get eliminated in short order, and as we won't be practicing the games will take up at the very most maybe an hour a week. So maybe 2 or 3 hours tops.
Oh I gotcha. The odds of me missing at least one game is fairly high since I have classes/work so that's a bummer. Oh wells thanks for the speedy reply.

vanty

I was just wondering, does having two medics heal someone actually heal them faster than what a single medic would? I thought it didn't, but that video of the guy saying fuck a million times has him screaming for a second medic.

Yasae

Banned
vanty said:
I was just wondering, does having two medics heal someone actually heal them faster than what a single medic would? I thought it didn't, but that video of the guy saying fuck a million times has him screaming for a second medic.
It heals them faster, but slows ubercharges considerably.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Boonoo said:
Alright now listen up! I'm a whore for TF2 items--that much is clear.

I've made a team for this highlander event for the sole purpose of procuring a medal I'll never wear.

I intend to play as few games as possible; I imagine I'll lose those few games. We won't practice, but by god we'll be organized enough to get to those matches on time.

The matches themselves will be fun, and we'll use mumble. TF2 voicechat hurts my beautiful ears.

If you want to join up I have maybe 5 or 6 slots open.

This team is named The Shit Eating Grins
http://etf2l.org/teams/10853/
(team name subject to change based on whether or not the word shit is allowed)
I don't know how exactly registration works; I'll figure that out as I go. The team is created, so if you want in get yourself registered on the website. http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/
and post in the thread that you want on, and I should be able to add you, or you should be able to add yourself, we'll see.

The main point, again, is to acquire these medals. To do that we need a team and we have to show up for matches.

I think it will be great!

Edit! There are some restrictions put on players that have played 6v6 comp TF2, and I'm not really sure how the effect me and other that have played some before. But to be safe! We'll be taking the classes they've laid out as buddy classes--Pyro, Heavy, Engineer or Spy.

Roody

Neo Member
Hazaro said:
I'm totally in. Medic main here. Or Pyro or Engie if need be. I'm benhuberGAF on there. I think I sent an application or invite or something to the group. :lol

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Boonoo said:
Alright now listen up! I'm a whore for TF2 items--that much is clear.

I've made a team for this highlander event for the sole purpose of procuring a medal I'll never wear.

I intend to play as few games as possible; I imagine I'll lose those few games. We won't practice, but by god we'll be organized enough to get to those matches on time.

The matches themselves will be fun, and we'll use mumble. TF2 voicechat hurts my beautiful ears.

If you want to join up I have maybe 5 or 6 slots open.

This team is named The Shit Eating Grins
http://etf2l.org/teams/10853/
(team name subject to change based on whether or not the word shit is allowed)
I don't know how exactly registration works; I'll figure that out as I go. The team is created, so if you want in get yourself registered on the website. http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/
and post in the thread that you want on, and I should be able to add you, or you should be able to add yourself, we'll see.

The main point, again, is to acquire these medals. To do that we need a team and we have to show up for matches.

I think it will be great!

Edit! There are some restrictions put on players that have played 6v6 comp TF2, and I'm not really sure how the effect me and other that have played some before. But to be safe! We'll be taking the classes they've laid out as buddy classes--Pyro, Heavy, Engineer or Spy.

I registered but I have no idea how to apply for the team.

corn_fest

So I've been having problems with Steam's server browser not displaying any servers that I couldn't solve with firewall settings or port forwarding, so I figured I would just reinstall the Steam client. Of course, apparently that deletes your steamapps folder as well. Goddamn it. I guess I should have figured :lol

Time to download tons of stuff again :lol

And I was finally going to have the time to play TF2 tonight, fuck.

DogWelder

corn_fest said:
So I've been having problems with Steam's server browser not displaying any servers that I couldn't solve with firewall settings or port forwarding, so I figured I would just reinstall the Steam client. Of course, apparently that deletes your steamapps folder as well. Goddamn it. I guess I should have figured :lol

Time to download tons of stuff again :lol

And I was finally going to have the time to play TF2 tonight, fuck.
Wow. How many games/GB did you lose?

corn_fest

esc said:
Wow. How many games/GB did you lose?
GIRfw.png

Not that much, still like 40GB I think though.

Yeef

I had the same thing happen to me like a year or so ago. Now I only install games when I intend to play them within the next week or so.

corn_fest

Yeef said:
I had the same thing happen to me like a year or so ago. Now I only install games when I intend to play them within the next week or so.
Yeah, there's no way I'm reinstalling some of those. At least TF2 will be done reinstalling by tonight. That's all I need! :D

commissar

leroidys said:
Just got a new computer, been playing a ton of TF2. You guys should add me. acct: -------- / nick: paper

considering the amount of people out there trying to hack accounts, I suggest you just link to your community page instead :)

I got 3 password reset requests from the Ukraine the other week.
And that's with my account name being completely unrelated to my friends name, community name and email accounts :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom