• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#TeamAsteroid (kinda) almost gets their first W, falls short once again

The bad news is that an asteroid of city-killing proportions is heading in our direction, but the good news is that it’ll miss us on Saturday night by 3.2 million miles.

Just 3.2 million miles away this time.

Closer than mars but 15 times our distance from the moon.

Then you realize you could fit all the other planets in our system between the Earth and the Moon.

And then the asteroid is the size of a human made building.

The way 2020 has been going, I wouldn’t have been surprised if the universe found a way to redirect this straight toward us s

if the big one comes, i'll walk outside and embrace the wall of fire with open arms

giphy.gif

One of the best things I’ve heard Bill Burr say is that if we ever found out a asteroid was for sure gonna end all life on Earth, there would be an Earth-With-Crying-Jordan-Face meme up on twitter within 5 minutes

Stouffers

Banned
Closer than mars but 15 times our distance from the moon.

Then you realize you could fit all the other planets in our system between the Earth and the Moon.

And then the asteroid is the size of a human made building.

No you can’t.

Stouffers

Banned
You actually could...

The sum of the diameters of the planets (excluding Earth) is pretty much equivalent to the distance between the Earth and the Moon. Around 390k kilometers.
You cannot physically rearrange the planets and cram them between the earth and the moon. Besides the gravitational implications, the technology for such a feat is nowhere on our roadmap.

Stouffers

Banned
Well, you said “you ‘can’ place every planet between the Earth and the moon,” and now you’re saying you cannot. When you say someone can do something, that means it’s physically possible. Peddle your lies elsewhere, fella. We ain’t buying.

Top Bottom