• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techradar tests PS5 VRR

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
more TVs than not that support VRR also support Freesync and most PC monitors are the same, it's actually only Sony TVs that don't... which is also why the PS5 doesn't...

Vizio, Samsung, LG, TCL, Philips
here's all the TVs that support Freesync (use the desktop site if you are kn mobile as the mobile site sucks)
Wow.

Even TCL (a bargain priced brand) has TVs that support Freesync. If they can, anyone can.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
more TVs than not that support VRR also support Freesync and most PC monitors are the same, it's actually only Sony TVs that don't... which is also why the PS5 doesn't...

Vizio, Samsung, LG, TCL, Philips, Xiaomi
here's an incomplete list of TVs that support Freesync (use the desktop site if you are on mobile as the mobile site sucks)
This is all it comes down to that Sony TVs do not support Freesync and Sony doesn't care to support anything other than their own product

Its sad really

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is all it comes down to that Sony TVs do not support Freesync and Sony doesn't care to support anything other than their own product

Its sad really
Looks like what they tried to do is match up PS5 with their TVs. If one product line doesnt do Freesync, then the other might as well not. If one product line does and the other doesn't, it looks bad.

I'm for one am just happy that my old HDMI 2.0 Samsung had stealth support for HDMI VRR all along lol... although be it only for a single HDMI port
Same thing with my Samsung Q70R

Kinda bummed out my ASUS VG289Q doesn't have it though and there's no firmware updates for it either.

Its sad really
Hmmmm, but it's okay for someone to say... hey, I have a FreeSync display that's only 1440p, so I'm gonna buy an XBox so it's compatible? Hehehe

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
TCL's are fucking amazing. But the US ones. The EU and Asian TCLs are a far inferior breed.
Next time I shop for a new TV in a couple years, it'll be between an LG OLED (which everyone hypes up), or I go value and get TCL. When they were at Costco I remember all their TVs being under $1000. And reviews typically say TCLs skew to good quality and bang for your buck.

I was also interested in Vizio, but someone here told me months ago they stopped selling in Canada. I googled it and it's true. A shame as TCL and Vizio were my bargain options. I guess it's now just TCL.

Or I pay more and go the LG OLED route.

All I know is I got ripped off on this Sony 900e. First Sony TV, last Sony tv. Piece of junk. HDMI audio doesnt work after an OS update and dead pixels after year one. Also makes weird snapping noises sometimes like the frame or chipset is buckling due to temperature changes or whatnot. Never had that ever in a TV.

MikeM

Next time I shop for a new TV in a couple years, it'll be between an LG OLED (which everyone hypes up), or I go value and get TCL. When they were at Costco I remember all their TVs being under $1000. And reviews typically say TCLs skew to good quality and bang for your buck.

I was also interested in Vizio, but someone here told me months ago they stopped selling in Canada. I googled it and it's true. A shame as TCL and Vizio were my bargain options. I guess it's now just TCL.

Or I pay more and go the LG OLED route.

All I know is I got ripped off on this Sony 900e. First Sony TV, last Sony tv. Piece of junk. HDMI audio doesnt work after an OS update and dead pixels after year one. Also makes weird snapping noises sometimes like the frame or chipset is buckling due to temperature changes or whatnot. Never had that ever in a TV.
Go OLED. Don’t skimp if you don’t need to. I learned the hard way and regret buying my X900H which was just replaced with a LG C1 due to the shit VRR picture quality .

Top Bottom