• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Techradar's game of the generation: Astrobot PSVR

ToadMan

I really wanted to play this but after getting a quest it’s difficult to want to faf with the wires and the controllers.

Maybe I should jump back into PSVR for this and Iron Man. 🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
No Astrobot thread is complete without an obligatory link to some if its mesmerising choons...

Absolutely glorious game, it simply cannot be overstated how much vr adds to an otherwise simple platformer. Along with BOTW it was easily my game of the generation and as far as I'm concerned wipes the floor with any Mario game you care to mention.

Max_Po

Banned
Tech
gaydar

4ce.gif

Last edited:

Resenge

No Astrobot thread is complete without an obligatory link to some if its mesmerising choons...

Absolutely glorious game, it simply cannot be overstated how much vr adds to an otherwise simple platformer. Along with BOTW it was easily my game of the generation and as far as I'm concerned wipes the floor with any Mario game you care to mention.

Spent weeks with these earworms after my first play through, the guy who did the soundtrack knocked it out of the park imo.

Last edited:

McCheese

It's a shame we still don't have any idea how this will play on PS5.
I know we need some kind of adapter for the PSVR camera on PS5 but will games get any kind of resolution bump?

The good news is this, and a few other first-party VR games got a surprise patch last week out of the blue. Maybe just to have it work (i.e. it's now one of the 99%) but the fact they updated them could indicate all sorts, maybe higher resolution, maybe native 90fps.

The bad news is no word on this camera adapter, so it seems unlikely we'll be enjoying whatever update they've done on day one.

Birdo

Banned
Thats a load of crap, there is nothing but admeration for this game.

Well, people tell me that the fun is short-lived (Hence, why I called it a tech demo). Made to showcase VR, not to be played all year and be hailed as Game Of The Generation.

Resenge

Well, people tell me that the fun is short-lived (Hence, why I called it a tech demo). Made to showcase VR, not to be played all year and be hailed as Game Of The Generation.
You are a troll, thats why you called it a tech demo. You have no experience on the game, look at the love that people give just in this thread alone, yet you have the insider scoop? Nah mate, troll bait pure and simple

Made to showcase VR? I guess Mario 64 also loses points for being a showcase for 3D. Heck, Ratchet and Clank loses points because it uses the PS5 SSD. Shame. Looked like a 9/10 game to me, but I've gotta nudge it down to 8/10 for that SSD showcase.

If something has to be played all year to be a real in-depth game, then that's because it's a service/multiplayer game - not a singleplayer game.

Birdo

Banned
You are a troll, thats why you called it a tech demo. You have no experience on the game, look at the love that people give just in this thread alone, yet you have the insider scoop? Nah mate, troll bait pure and simple

Fair enough. You seem emotionally attached to this game so I'll bow out for your sake 🤷‍♂️

(PS: You don't need to have played a game to know it's not Game of The Generation. I've never played cult classic Pepsi-Man, but I know it's not better than Metal Gear Solid).

Fair enough. You seem emotionally attached to this game so I'll bow out for your sake 🤷‍♂️

(PS: You don't need to have played a game to know it's not Game of The Generation. I've never played cult classic Pepsi-Man, but I know it's not better than Metal Gear Solid).
PS: There's this thing called subjective taste. There's also this other thing where VR games can't be judged without playing them.

Resenge

I am the one emotionally invested? You are the one who cannot stop trolling VR threads with no VR experience at all, It seems to me you are emotionaly invested in the downfall of VR for no reason.

You could ignore their opinions and get on with your life normally too (But you didn't, did you :messenger_winking:).
You could ignore the thread you don't know anything about and get on with your life normally (But you can't help yourself can you)

Then respect people's opinions to not like it.
Your "opinion" without any experience on the thread your posting on is just pushing a troll agenda.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

You could ignore their opinions and get on with your life normally too (But you didn't, did you :messenger_winking:).

Why give opinions about things you haven't tried or have no interest in in the first place?
You could write a diary or make a blog...

Or are you seeking validation from others on your opinion?
What other reason would you have to post on a thread about a game you admit you don't even like?
That usually is a sign of lack of self esteem.
Seek help.

I'm not going to respect the opinion of someone who dislikes something they haven't tried. You have to earn respect; it's not just automatic.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
The good news is this, and a few other first-party VR games got a surprise patch last week out of the blue. Maybe just to have it work (i.e. it's now one of the 99%) but the fact they updated them could indicate all sorts, maybe higher resolution, maybe native 90fps.

The bad news is no word on this camera adapter, so it seems unlikely we'll be enjoying whatever update they've done on day one.

Yeah I'm hoping there is some kind of improvement even if we have to wait a few weeks or months for the adaptors to arrive.

If Astro's Playroom is good then maybe it'll get more people interested in trying AstroBot as well. Sony should probably give PSVR a decent price drop in time for Christmas, maybe bundle it with AstroBot as well.

Top Bottom