• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge | Review Thread

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
lCNaH1I.jpg

What to expect with a decent ResShade, took a screenshot from the store page and loaded it in Retroarch (yes I ReShade it cuz it's easier).
Hugh Jackman Reaction GIF

Why so many reviewers compare this to the arcade version?

This is more like the SNES version. The arcade Turtles in Time played like hot diarrhea.
The casuals legit can't tell the difference.

(To be fair, the arcade Turtles in Time has buttery smooth animations, 4-player, and a soundtrack I'd argue sounds more dynamic as one-ups over the SNES version)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The turtles are back! Join Game Informer for our official review of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge as we break down the highs and lows of the exciting new brawler from Tribute Games and Dotemu.

Last edited:

Beechos

Usually its like mid day over here in the u.s. but i think people work around that by changing time zone or region.

Justin9mm

Mike 4 Life.
The most over popular Ninja Turtle. I didn't have 1 friend where Michelangelo wasn't their favourite lol

Everyone loves him because he is considered the Alpha even though Leonardo is the leader

I'm personally a Raph fan. The not so popular, rebellious and unpredictable Ninja Turtle!

Last edited:

Pejo

What's the price for this game btw? It doesn't even have a pre-order option on steam. I've never seen that before.

Krathoon

Yeah. This finally comes out today. I will check Steam and see if I can buy it and download it before bed.
This seems like it will be really good.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The most over popular Ninja Turtle. I didn't have 1 friend where Michelangelo wasn't their favourite lol

Everyone loves him because he is considered the Alpha even though Leonardo is the leader

I'm personally a Raph fan. The not so popular, rebellious and unpredictable Ninja Turtle!
Mikey is my favorite. It's because of the stereotype they presented each turtle as: Leo is the serious leader, Raph is the rude anti-hero, Donnie is a tech nerd, and Mikey is just a carefree party dude. It's right in the lyrics...

"Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)
Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)

Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)"

These stereotypes persist throughout the cartoons and even the new movies. People just associate with his carefree party-dude attitude. Now if I were to pick based on weapon type it would be Leo, he has 2 big-ass swords.

93xfan

Banned
Definitely will pick this up. While I'm excited for it, not going to lie, I'm looking forward to the Cowabunga Collection more. Hope that gets a release date soon.
Same. Really was hoping that and Goldeneye would be announced at summer game fest. This could be the best year for nostalgia in a long time

BlackTron

The day has finally come. Just waiting for it to be available on Gamepass. Somewhat strangely it doesn't show to preload or in the gamepass section at all. If you search for it, you can preorder with a few bucks discount. I'll wait patiently but I want to play it right now lol.

YoshiMax

The day has finally come. Just waiting for it to be available on Gamepass. Somewhat strangely it doesn't show to preload or in the gamepass section at all. If you search for it, you can preorder with a few bucks discount. I'll wait patiently but I want to play it right now lol.
If you use the Xbox app on your phone you can kick off the download from there

BlackTron

If you use the Xbox app on your phone you can kick off the download from there

Thanks. This is the first time I've done it with a game but I was more confused that there was just no indication it was coming to Gamepass at all from within the store. There's a section for preload day 1 GP games, naturally I checked there first. Then I did a search and found the game to preorder. Not really a big deal but it's kind of obtuse.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Pretty expensive pricing in a lot of regions for what it is. Guess SOR4 success got to their heads. Gamepass it is then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom