• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection - Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are back from the sewers with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, thirteen radical games from KONAMI’s entire archive of retro 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) titles and their Japanese versions* will be coming to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Steam. Physical retail and digital versions will be available in 2022 at SRP $39.99.

This incredible collection of thirteen original classics gives chasing down Shredder, fighting the Foot, and tangling-up with Bebop and Rocksteady a fresh look at why KONAMI’s adaptations of the heroes in a half shell set the standard in beat ‘em up, action games. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection includes:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of The Foot Clan (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

KONAMI partnered with game developer Digital Eclipse to expertly adapt these classics for modern gaming systems with a fantastic set of quality-of-life features including save anytime and rewind, button mapping, and added online play for certain games** with local couch play for all titles where originally intended. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also come with a digital game guide for each title to help players fight and sometimes swim through difficult areas.

The games are based on the characters and themes of the 80's children's cartoon and comic book series, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles often taking place in a fictionalized New York City, around the sewers, inside futuristic enemy bases and even across time itself! In collaboration with Nickelodeon, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will also include loads of extras using imagery from the original cartoons, comics and other historic TMNT media content in a compiled Museum connecting the franchise across the various mediums. Additionally, never-before-seen development art, sketches and game design material will also be included.

*11 Japanese regional versions total -No Japanese versions released for TMNT (Arcade) and TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)
**Titles with online functionality -TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's on switch and Xbox too.

Wonder if there will be online for tournament fighters (I can't imagine there will be sadly)
Sound like more than the bare minimum for Konami so
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

anthony2690

Banned
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF
Online out the equation.
The package itself is really good, I don't think anyone can deny that, especially as it seems like it has all platform versions of the games too.
& Not forgetting how excellent their Castlevania Advance collection was too.

Whilst Konami have not put out any substantial brand new games, I think their remaster collections have been really high quality myself.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
It's on switch and Xbox too.

Wonder if there will be online for tournament fighters (I can't imagine there will be sadly)
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF
Online out the equation.
The package itself is really good, I don't think anyone can deny that, especially as it seems like it has all platform versions of the games too.
& Not forgetting how excellent their Castlevania Advance collection was too.

Whilst Konami have not put out any substantial brand new games, I think their remaster collections have been really high quality myself.

Are you guys missing the part at the bottom that says:
**Titles with online functionality -TMNT (Arcade), TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade), TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)

I loved playing Ninja Turtles as a kid at this daycare called Kidspace. They had a Snes there and I would always play it with someone else. So much fun and good memories.

I can see myself getting this for nostalgia alone.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I literally played them when I got my raspberry pi 4 last year. LOL

Ev1L AuRoN

This is the type of thing that I would love to have a physical copy, with colorful manuals and gorgeous art.

But this is 2022, and most likely it will be a case with a printed code inside it...

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
LOVED these games as a kid!!! (And still do).

Been anxiously waiting for something like this, but thought it’d be split into 2 collections.

What an awesome, awesome surprise!!

Expecting $30 or $40 due to licensing and amount of content

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Getting the Xbox version because I know I’ll be able to play it on the next system.
That’s been my thinking. Just spent $20 on SNK collection just for the exclusive NES version of Baseball Stars.

I’m such a nostalgia junkie

Reactions: TLZ

Naked Lunch

Honestly one hell of a collection.
Its got everything on there - even the NES originals.
No shitting on Konami for this one.

The original NES TMNT and first arcade game are the best ones - glad to have them on a modern console.

Paasei

Good stuff. Would buy for the Gameboy game alone. Have so many memories as a kid in the back of my parents car playing that level on the subway/train.

Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom