• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection - Reveal Trailer

DaGwaphics

Futurama Reaction GIF

MAtgS

I don't want it on Switch because, for the sake of preservation, Steam or even PlayStation seem like safer bets. There's no telling if Nintendo's next console will even be backwards compatible.
As it is a licensed game, it'll eventually be delisted from digital and Nintendo's more likely to still support physical media next gen.

theclaw135

Banned
Turtles in Time better have the correct music. The 360 remake replaced it due to licensing issues. To me this one issue will make or break the collection because TiT is my favorite TMNT game.

Back then all the different companies did their own thing. The classic games were made without the cartoon studio, unlike the 2k3 games.

stranno

Platinum should port their TMNT game to new consoles, at least Switch. It was a great game and, on PC, it worked almost flawlessly at 60FPS with the unofficial patch. The button mashing mini-game was accelerated, but that was also an improvement.

Is it a sad state of gaming that this is easily my most anticipated game for the year by a long shot? Could just be my taste in gaming... I never played the Game Boy games in this collection but all the other games are classics and should be a part of everyone's collection. Lets hope for a physical release as well.
Same here. I look back at games like the older Sonic's and Mario's and think they're fun classics. Final Fantasy 6 is still one of my favorite games of all time. I can't really say the same about games from the past 5 years or so.

MacReady13

Same here. I look back at games like the older Sonic's and Mario's and think they're fun classics. Final Fantasy 6 is still one of my favorite games of all time. I can't really say the same about games from the past 5 years or so.
Spot on. People call me old and tell me to move with the times but gaming and games just don't have the same magic as they used to. Yes, they look amazing now and so realistic but is that really what gaming is about? I would take playing Super Mario World over anything released today and the replayability on some of those games is through the roof! Seeing the TMNT collection coming soon just gets me so excited. Getting to show my kids these classics gives me so much joy and they love them as well.

Spot on. People call me old and tell me to move with the times but gaming and games just don't have the same magic as they used to. Yes, they look amazing now and so realistic but is that really what gaming is about? I would take playing Super Mario World over anything released today and the replayability on some of those games is through the roof! Seeing the TMNT collection coming soon just gets me so excited. Getting to show my kids these classics gives me so much joy and they love them as well.
My wife and I replay SMW once every year, it never gets old. These types of games have a timeless design.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Now I want to know: how far did everyone actually get (who played it in the NES days) on TMNT 1 for the NES? I was able to make it all the way into the technodrome, but could never reach Shredder and don't think I ever will without cheats or save states.
I always died at the water level. Didn't really understand how it worked back then (I was probably five or six).

SSfox

How am i suppose to enjoy a game where i play a turtle if i'm not a turtle but i'm human? how people can i enjoy those games if i can't "relate"? Huh weird....

Joking aside of course
1619981810-ahiiiiii.png

TMNT3 NES (and Tsubasa Superstriker 2 NES) was a huge a part of my childhood, and the first ever game i owned and played that i really loved (you know not those kind of games you are playing just because you can play those but actually don't like much), even though i haven't played it since years i still have all the soundtracks in my brain. I love all the Turtles but Mikey always been my favorite :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Goalus

How am i suppose to enjoy a game where i play a turtle if i'm not a turtle but i'm human? how people can i enjoy those games if i can't "relate"? Huh weird....

Joking aside of course
1619981810-ahiiiiii.png
Good point.
I too am disappointed that the games seemingly aren't being modified to reflect what the world actually looks like. In each of those classic games they could have cut the most fondly remembered level in order to include a sequence that focuses on each of the turtles' sexuality (which should be diverse of course) and maybe add some pronouns that the players are encouraged to use when referring to the turtles in a talk with their friends.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Someone on a tmnt forum mentioned they saw a leak for this game last year that included a PC game called “Manhattan Missions”, that used to run on DOS.

Hopefully it’s a secret inclusion here, because it looks sort of fun.

I’d also like an easier mode for the NES game, if it’s possible. I don’t mind challenge but I don’t want to deal with broken design.

BlackTron

I'll keep playing the originals on original hardware and CRT, but this is an amazing collection for sure. Glad more people get to enjoy these games!

I'll never let go of my SNES and real copy of TiT, but the biggest draw for me is 4 player arcade turtles on the same party system you already use for Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Towerfall etc. Between that and consolidating all the titles in one place, I love Switch for exactly this type of game.

Hell I still have the original copy of old Castlevania GBA games, still bought the collection anyway. Switch is great for consolidating everything together (unless it's Nintendo games lol)

sainraja

I want it on GOG.com plz! And why can't we pre-order this already on PlayStatoin/Xbox?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
This needs to be the baseline for the quality of collections of games in the 8 and 16 bit eras

Hell, even the 32 and 64 bit eras

I hope it sells by the bucketload

TMNT arcade game on my home TV makes me kinda drool

cowa-cowa-cowacowacowa-cowabunga!

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
This needs to be the baseline for the quality of collections of games in the 8 and 16 bit eras

Hell, even the 32 and 64 bit eras

I hope it sells by the bucketload

TMNT arcade game on my home TV makes me kinda drool

cowa-cowa-cowacowacowa-cowabunga!

We need the Sonic and Mario collections on all consoles. I don't care how it gets done, it needs to be done. I would love to play Sonic 3 and Knuckles on my PS5. Also, would love to play Mario on there.

urmie

Damn, so stoked for this collection! Wonder if Pizza Hut will still show up in TMNT2 in the background graphics, perhaps Nickelodeon paid the license fee for it.

rkofan87

Gold Member
I want it on GOG.com plz! And why can't we pre-order this already on PlayStatoin/Xbox?
i am in the same boat i want to buy chrono cross on ps5 but its not on preorder on psn yet but its up on the e shop right now psn has a bad habit of not putting up preorders for midcard games its a pain in the ass.

Kokoro2020

It's been a long time coming for sure. With this and Shredder's Revenge, 2022 will be the year of TMNT video games!

I look forward to playing Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist the most. And some of these, I would be playing for the first time, such as The Manhatten Project.

MAtgS

I'm not talking about games from 10 years ago till now.... or even the newer releases. I'm talking about the older Mario games (like the 80s and 90s)... as a collection. I get that it's never going to happen, but it would be an amazing idea.
Nintendo needs the old shit to shill their subscription service. So still no.

Top Bottom