• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenagers walk into random house uninvited for TikTok fame

NekoFever

Bizarre af.
Indeed.

There’s a semi-regular ragebait news story where someone straight up parks their car on another person’s driveway (usually because it’s near a station or somewhere with expensive long-term parking) and the owner of the property gets in legal trouble for blocking them in or forcibly removing the car because trespassing is not a crime but obstruction of the highway and criminal damage are.

My Gen 5 always has 15 in the magazine and one in the chamber…but more importantly, I always lock my doors anyway so I don’t have to worry about these shenanigans 🤷‍♂️.

Side note - this has to be scripted anyway.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Side note - this has to be scripted anyway.
I doubt it, the way the lady calls for her husband and says "James can you come to the front door right now please" is just way too much of this weird unexpected type of response a person would have, if this sort of thing happened to them suddenly and not something scripted. A scripted response would be more confrontational and obvious like get out of my house or what are you doing.

Last edited:

CGNoire

No, trespassing isn’t a crime in the UK as long as they haven’t broken anything to gain entry and haven’t refused to leave when asked — it’s a civil offence rather than criminal so they could in theory be sued, but who’s going to go for all that effort and expense for no damages?
Thats insane.

Walking on the property is one thing but entering the home?

Are lawmakers morons over there?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats insane.

Walking on the property is one thing but entering the home?

Are lawmakers morons over there?
Any countries with laws this way assume the general population is clam and dont do dumb shit. So no need for harsher rules or penalties. If shit hits the fan, that's when they cant control it as it probably takes forever to enact new laws to get things under control.

ManaByte

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

FunkMiller

The UK isn't the US, I doubt these kids would try this shit over there. You can only use reasonable force if someone intrudes your home, you kill this individual, you're probably going to jail.

Only if it can be proved you used excessive force in response. If you only do what you feel is necessary in self defence - which includes killing with a weapon - you’d be fine. The law got changed a while back after that old boy killed the burglar with a shotgun and got jailed temporarily for it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
In America those kids would have been shot and killed and depending on the state it happened the homeowner would probably be charged with murder or celebrated as a strong defender of the second amendment. Either way they would have been dead.

Let's be honest, in America, the kids would be strapped, too. Proud Pennslyvania guy here.

Kadve

Time to introduce a sentence where people aren't allowed to have anything other than a dump phone. Should teach people a lesson.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Time to introduce a sentence where people aren't allowed to have anything other than a dump phone. Should teach people a lesson.
Even better, time to develop that "blocking" tech from Black Mirror so we don't have e to ever see or hear from these people again.

gSLFmJh.png

Remember all those creepy clown prank videos that were all the rage a few years ago? That shit got shut down real quick once a few people got shot over it in Texas.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
He's gonna get his cunt kicked in sooner or later. This isn't positive attention he's receiving.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Kids doing stupid kid things for attention, and Americans watching this and fantasizing the opportunity to splatter their brains on the wall after going to church on sundays 🤔

You hear about these challenges all the time? How real are they?
Did this chode post anything after the walk-in, did he describe his feelings afterward or why he wanted the clout?

Plus, why can no one ever find or pin point the original poster who posts deadly challenges for people with missing chromosomes to do the challenges

X-Wing

Someone tell them that jumping in front of trains is the absolute hype right now on social media. Entering someone else's home is no longer popular.

Then again, Ian wouldn't be sharing this if the tiktokers were white.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think they were hoping for some kind of racially charged reaction instead of people being incredibly polite given the situation.

Outlier

Even better, time to develop that "blocking" tech from Black Mirror so we don't have e to ever see or hear from these people again.

gSLFmJh.png
I much as I would like that; it could end very badly.
People tend to throw away their care for others lives, when they can't relate to them.
Why would a bad person care about whether you live or die, when they can't even recognize you as a person and just want you out of the way?

CGNoire

Kids doing stupid kid things for attention, and Americans watching this and fantasizing the opportunity to splatter their brains on the wall after going to church on sundays 🤔

No one is fantasizing about killing over a prank. What there doing is imagining what they would do if they had the same limited information about what was happening as the home owners which is nothing. The home owner has zero clue whats happening and has every right to assume the worst. Which in the case of a home invasion at the very least deserves a gun in the invaders face.

Also a vast majority of Americans dont go to church or care about organized religion.

Azurro

Banned

The guy is doing this while being backed by 3 or 4 of his buddies. What a disgusting "kid".

This is very concerning.

Can't say I'm surprised but seeing one of these pretty much guarantee's someone else will try this and in the end someone will get hurt and/or killed.

Top Bottom