• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8: Speculation, Discussion and wishlist

P.Jack

I agree with this, the game lacks a lot when it comes to offlines, i used to play a lot ghost mode, and it's not in T7 Da fuck!!!

I mean Treasure more was cool for an hour or 2 but those special stages with specific setting got boring fast, and i wish we could disable this, this plus 3 rounds setting would make it close to ghost mode.
Agreed 100%, Namco really nailed ghost battle with both Tekken and Soulcalibur, but removed it from both for some reason.
- Make the game more technical
Hmmmm

YCoCg

I wish they release Tekken tag tournament instead of Tekken 8
Nobody bought Tekken Tag 2 when that was released and that game was brilliant. In fact it's due to the failure of Tekken Tag 2 that a lot of Single Player only stuff was stripped out so they could focus on tournament shit in Tekken 7!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
How is it any different than fighting games of the past? The only difference is now I’m not paying 40-50 dollars a year for an expansion. I’ll take 20 dollar “Seasons” over that
Sure and because of people like you the genre is fucked

Bring back Christie Monteiro

e343831a6a794605cdd42ed81b4af28a.jpg
This person gets it. I am sad she is not in 7. I imagine she can have a different capoeira style compared to Eddys if they need to make them distinct.
+1 ❤️ 💕 💗 for Christie.

SSfox

Anatomically correct characters.

Not everyone needs to look like a fucking roided out bodybuilder.
Yes please, give me back my thin Marshal Law ala Tekken 4, and non muscular Hwoarang.

They fucked up his hairstyle too, GIVE LAW JUSTICE, i hope they will take inspiration from his Tekken 4 design for Tekken 8, his voice was better too in Tekken 345.

300px-LawVSlawT4.jpg
274196-tekken-4-playstation-2-screenshot-law-ready-to-do-some-damage.png

The hair the face, everything about his model was perfection in Tekken 4
maxresdefault.jpg

His Tekken 7 model was downgrade in every aspects imho:
png-clipart-tekken-7-tekken-2-marshall-law-tekken-tag-tournament-2-tekken-4-marshall-law-game-fictional-character.png

Last edited:
Nobody bought Tekken Tag 2 when that was released and that game was brilliant. In fact it's due to the failure of Tekken Tag 2 that a lot of Single Player only stuff was stripped out so they could focus on tournament shit in Tekken 7!
A lot of the design decisions in Tekken 7 make sense if you think that the entire franchise was in danger of being shelved and the game was potentially going to be the last Tekken game.

Hi Everyone, so here the Tekken 8 speculation, discussions and whishlist:

Tekken 8 hasn't been announce yet of course, but as Tekken 7 coming to the end of its cycle, it's obvious that it's just a matter of time before Tekken 8:

Here's some of the things i want for Tekken 8:

- Go back to the focus of Martial Arts, no more stuffs like Geese, Eliza or Negan, more of Lidia, Fakhumram and Leroy
- Make the male characters not too much testerons, like Tekken 4 style, some characters are meant to be super buff, but some others like Hwoarang are weird with so much muscles.
- Give the characters unique walk, run, and side step animation
- Good Story, specially for non Mishima characters (Mishima usually has good story)
- Remove the generic common outfits and customs, just keep the unique ones per characters.
- Give Law back his voice of Tekken 345 style, and also make him thin like Tekken 4 and not too fan unlike T7, he is meant to be Bruce Lee, by making him fat it remove a part of his charisma, GIVE ME BACK MY MARSHALL :cryinggif:
- Also give Bryan his pale/white Skin back.

Playing Law in Tekken 4 with GOD theme
70A0A8882453BC7F549E24833E69B0C6BAF172F7

Of course there are many other things i want to see in Tekken 8, but that's all for now.

Some Tekken 4 gifs, cause it's the best Tekken when it comes to story, art direction and charisma

law-tekken4-flip-kick-yoshimitsu.gif
BlushingVapidHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Discuss

Tekken Force, Ball, and new minigames ( please no bowling and an adventure like the one where you play as Jin in tekken 5, I found them horrible)

Focus back on real martial arts, and no bullshit parody characters, now looks like a Rio's carnival lol

An awesome plot

Good new entries, i'm very confident in this tho, Tekken 7 dlc characters are fantastic, I love Leroy, Fakhumram and the latest girl

Enough single player content to keep you busy for a couple months, I don't give two shits about online

And to come out as soon as possible, I'm tired of waiting

Last edited:

SSfox

Tekken Force, Ball, and new minigames ( please no bowling and an adventure like the one where you play as Jin in tekken 5, I found them horrible)

Focus back on real martial arts, and no bullshit parody characters, now looks like a Rio's carnival lol

An awesome plot

Good new entries, i'm very confident in this tho, Tekken 7 dlc characters are fantastic, I love Leroy, Fakhumram and the latest girl

Enough single player content to keep you busy for a couple months, I don't give two shits about online

And to come out as soon as possible, I'm tired of waiting
I agree with everything you said except I really loved and enjoyed devil within, probably could been better in some areas but still was fun.

But maybe they just need to bring back Tekken forces,
if they don't want to give me DBD2 then give me Tekken forces where i can play Nina.

catvonpee

I don't care for the overpowered pre-scripted moves that do like 35 percent damage. I forget that they called them in 7. Get back to basics and no guess characters please.

I agree with everything you said except I really loved and enjoyed devil within, probably could been better in some areas but still was fun.

But maybe they just need to bring back Tekken forces,
if they don't want to give me DBD2 then give me Tekken forces where i can play Nina.
I don't know, it was so bland and anonymous, didn't convince me at all, while Force was as simple as awesome

Oh and I add something big: do you guys recall the pre - Tekken 7 release full plot 8 bit recap?

Is one of the things I want playable so bad it hurts

Edit: this one

Last edited:

SSfox

Just came back from an online session, and it remind me why i don't like much playing this game online, despite the netplay has been improve.

- The freeze everytime the match in canceled, even VF5US that released recently didn't have this. Also how many time i pushed "NO" because i was in middle in a Combo, again VF5US has this thing fix since day one, i mean VF5US netcode sucks but they got some features right.
- Most people winquitte in this game it's crazy, if they lose they rematch, if they win they quit, should have FT2 forced. It's even more annoying considering the insane loading times of the game.
- Ragequitters, why don't you get a win after someone ragequitte you like in MK? weird that devs didn't though about it

So here some requess a want improvement for T8. Even tho this should have been already fix for T7, but at least i hope in Tekken 8 they will improve on this

Anatomically correct characters.

Not everyone needs to look like a fucking roided out bodybuilder.
Sadly, that applies to most fighting games. The guys are literally always roided up, freak bodybuilders with perfect bodies. I think they do that to appeal to the West mostly though. That’s fine I guess, but the aesthetics imo can get boring and predictable after awhile.

FranXico

Kill it .. kill the whole genre

modern day fighters are a fucking mistake
MTX INFUSED CARROT ON A STICK SHEIT

let me pick a fighter...

90% of fighter roster greyed out.. please BUY DLC season 24 to unlock this character.
🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

No arcade release. I do not want to wait 3 years just to play the game at home.

Improve the customization and get it at least on par with Tekken 6. Add something like decals from TTT2, maybe elements from SC6 with Tekken 6 and that will be a start at least.

Improved characters models. They are mostly good already, but I would like to see something on par with MK11 detail-wise.

More offline modes.

More varied character models. Not everyone ha to look like a jacked up bodybuilder. I wouldn’t mind a little more definition and detail in some of the females as well.

No more 2D characters. I actually like them for the most part, but fighting them imo is not fun and changes the entire mechanics of the game.

Kill it .. kill the whole genre

modern day fighters are a fucking mistake
MTX INFUSED CARROT ON A STICK SHEIT

let me pick a fighter...

90% of fighter roster greyed out.. please BUY DLC season 24 to unlock this character.
🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
I still like the fighting genre and don’t want it to die, but I definitely agree with this. Tired of the over-reliance of DLC and Season passes. Imo, it’s hurting the genre and holding it back.

the loading is what gets me the most. im tired of seeing "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE" for the billionth time. why cant the rematches be just as quick as dragonball fighterz for example. the wait ruins my momentum and patience

yansolo

i feel like its time for a reboot or at least something fresh:
new engine, graphics, animations
a better main story and individual character stories
better roster
get rid of that wacky customization trash
tekken force mode

P.Jack

I just want them to stop with the bear and the log man. They could nerf that juggling crap too.
Log man is not in T7 and the juggling got nerfed. Juggles only got more complex with later games, the damage is for the most part less than it was in the past.

The bear, though, has been in every game since the first one in ’94, so I think you are shit out of luck with that one.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Tekken need a reboot.

Realistic story.

No more Dumb jokes.

More human behaviors of the characters.

No more "Weird" unfunny character characteristics

A example is Tekken 4.

Last edited:
I never played Tekken ever. What game would you recommend from the series for a newcomer to the franchise? I am not super good or competitive in fighting games but I think they can be fun.

BigEmil

Tekken 7 was built on an old version of Unreal Engine 4 since Arcade version if they make their next Tekken on current latest version of UE4 along with newer tech advances it's going to be more optimised and look and play better.

Last edited:

mekes

I wouldn’t be against the team making a brand new fighting game by this point. I like Tekken but I don’t like where they have taken the story.

stn

My wishes:
-Tekken 4 story, aesthetic, and feel
-A mode like Devil Within and Tekken Force
-Make characters' moves even more unique (ex. give EWGF only to Kazuya)
-No non-serious crap like Lucky Chloe
-Tekken 4/Tekken 5 style music
-If Fahkumram is back, make him less 'roided-looking
-No generic customization items; instead, give characters their own unique skins, and also give us legacy skins
-No comeback mechanics
-As much as I loved playing as Akuma, Geese, and even Noctis, stick to 3D characters
-No item moves (ex. shotgun)

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
They replaced a metric ton of animations in Tekken 4 and Tekken 6, but somehow they forgot that player characters still move around like they are having a seizure. Not sure why they decided to keep something as basic as movement unnecessarily complicated.

However, as a martial arts cinema fan I am no longer the target audience so they can put in something as absurd as a giant mantis or an infant in a mech for all I care.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
- Tekken 5 Story Mode with Tekken 4 seriousness. Imagine a serious Tekken 4 Paul again.
- Customizations like Tekken 6 that aren't goofy and get rid of things you can throw.
- Diamorphism with characters showing different builds, heights and weights to raise complexity. I hate that everyone looks like Mr. Olympia and Lilly is as tall as Kuma. Give the strong girls a bit of definition like Vanessa from VF5.
- Get rid of Akuma bullshit in the story.
- DLC guest characters like Negan, Noctis are a complete waste that don't represent hand to hand fighting of Tekken. Heck expand on Yoshis hand to hand as well, get rid of the sword (even if it is tied to his soul, let Yoshimitsu absorb the sword and become evil). Get rid of Kuni projectiles.
- Get rid of the following: Ganryu, Anna, Armor King, Fahkumram, Chloe, Jack, Kuma, Panda, FUCKING BOB, Josie, Katarina, Gigas, Kasumi, Claudio, Alisa, Eliza. Tekken 7 had the worst newcomers ever. Leroy and Lars are also on my chopping block.
- Devil Jin should not be taking up an extra slot, fucking hell, just use him as an alternate for Jin's icon.
- Fix the fucking janky forward and backward walks.
- Fix the throw animations and give them more dynamic angles to see the damage and brutality (we get top down views of most throws).
- New Costumes again with a way to unlock legacy costumes.
- Make the game more technical oriented instead of fucking 10 minute jugglefest into a wall.
Agreed except Alisa.

Alisa is so cute.

Xiaoyu, Julia and Jun are beautiful

Last edited:
I find any fighting game really boring nowadays.

For Tekken to grab me again, I'd want to see a complete reboot of the series and a complete reboot of the fighting genre.

I'm not sure how this would look in practice, but I always imagined a full 3D, 4 v 4 fighter, with an over the shoulder 3rd person view, complete with fully destructible/interactive environments (like the Battlefield series) and a long, epic campaign.

Something like that would get be back into fighting games.
godhand?

Synless

Make the characters young again. Young Kaz and Hei are based. Young Paul and Young Law are based too. Bring Michelle back.

Basically let it take place around Tekken 2 era. I think the overall style, music and atmosphere of Tekken 2 reigns supreme. In fact, trying this game made me a Playstation gamer back in 1996. Fuck canon, just bring Hwo and Bryan along as well. I like Fakh, but I raise you the return of Bruce Irvin.

With this, also remove rage and super combos. Go back to basic.
Let’s have them go back in time as opposite versions of their younger selves and have them fight those selves to the death.

I want some characters with some good old T and A. It would be nice if someone doesn't MK11 up all their faces too but that might be asking too much in current year.

winjer

Gold Member
I just want one thing. No juggle physics nonsense.
Most matches online are always about finding a gap to start some crazy combo that takes all the life of the opponent.
it's kind a cool to see in tournaments. But for online play it limits the game's strategy to one single thing.

Top Bottom