• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell Me Why is free to own throughout Pride Month

It's a DONTNOD adventure game. That's the game.
In the first 20 minutes of Life is Strange you have a vision of a tornado heading toward Arcadia Bay, you're introduced to strange new time powers, someone gets shot and you save them using said powers. The first big choice is whether or not to report a shooting, pretty tense.

The first 20 minutes of Tell Me Why is you going through the respective twins' rooms learning little tidbits about their personal lives then dicking around on a boat. The first big choice is whether or not you accept a ring from a character you've never seen.

Now, personally, I like Tell Me Why and I like it's slower and more grounded opening just fine. But it's definitely fair to say that it's a slow start, even by the standards of a DONTNOD adventure game.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Its funny... I remember one of the huge issues of contention being that gamers are sick of people taking exsisting IP's and retconning them to be an entirely new, probably gay woke character. The argument is these people should make there own games with there own characters, rather than forcing there new ideals onto existing ones.

Well they did and are giving it away for free and instead people are raving about "the gay agenda" 🙄

Last edited:

Hydelol

Banned
I know that's the "joke", but I'd say maybe they care about gay people, but also don't want to hurt the feelings of this particular country's administration because they also deeply care about them, so they opted for a solution where everyone can be happy.
They care about fighting wars that are over and won PERIOD. The west has no gay / lesbian / bi issues for the most part. Now is the time in my 28 years of life where homosexuals and bisexuals are treated the most like heterosexuals. These companies that now "fight for gay rights" are hypocrites. The war is over. But they need it to continue and they need you to believe, you have no rights as a gay person. You know where the war is not over? In the east. HOW ABOUT YOU FIGHT FOR GAY RIGHTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST? HUH? NO? Then fuck off saying you care about gay rights if you don't care for them WHERE IT REALLY MATTERS.

EDMIX

Its a great idea. The context of the game, it would be weird if they didn't have some promotion for it.

Vampire On Titus Vampire On Titus How is it overall? I really like The Life Is Strange series and Dontnod hasn't done me wrong.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
How badly did this bomb and just how gay is it?

Asking for a friend
It reviewed decent but didn't sell well.

It's... somewhat gay? It's about identical twins, one of whom is a transman. There is an optional romance between the transman and another man, but like Life is Strange it's up to the player to determine Tyler's sexuality.

I think it's a pretty good game. If you like Life is Strange it's more of that. It's not very heavy handed dealing with the trans stuff, and in fact it ends up being a lot less important to the game than you think at first.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Vampire On Titus Vampire On Titus How is it overall? I really like The Life Is Strange series and Dontnod hasn't done me wrong.
If you like Life is Strange this is basically a Life is Strange title in all but name. I think Dontnod is trying to figure out how to keep this going without depending on an IP the Square Enix owns.

Its a great idea. The context of the game, it would be weird if they didn't have some promotion for it.

It's a solid game. The emotional highs aren't quite so high as LiS and the cast is not quite as memorable, but it works as a smaller scale, more grounded, more personal story. DontNod's ability to cram environments full of lived-in believable detail is at its best in Tell Me Why and the twins are a likable pair. If you're a fan of their past games I think you'll enjoy it. I'm up and down on the Life is Strange games and I found it to be a pleasant surprise.

Top Bottom