• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale CEO Dan Connors steps down, replaced by co-founder Kevin Bruner.

Searched to see if it was posted already, lock if old.

A small piece of the article by Christian Nutt:

Today, Telltale Games has a new CEO.

After over a decade, co-founder and CEO Dan Connors is stepping down; in his place, co-founder, president and CTO Kevin Bruner (pictured, above) will be assuming the chief executive role, Gamasutra can confirm. Connors will remain on the company's board of directors and continue to contribute more directly under the title "executive advisor."

I, for one, am excited to see where this leads.

Welp, I can only assume it was the CTO who didn't want to change the terrible engine. Making him the CEO seems like a bad choice if he is as stubborn as I assume.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
change the terrible engine.

changing their engine

16014669437_4e55811aee_o.png

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Lets hope the new CEO go back to adventure games and puzzles again and leave the "interactive shows" this studio doing for years now.

BiggNife

I'm pretty sure Bruner created the Telltale engine, guys. Sorry to burst your bubble but this isn't going to change anything.

Corpekata

Banned
Lets hope the new CEO go back to adventure games and puzzles again and leave the "interactive shows" this studio doing for years now.

Why? Even if you don't like them now, it's not like Telltale were at the forefront of good adventure game design when they were making more traditional ones. They were mostly kind of middle of the road.

Syrus

Banned
Why the hate? I think these telltale games are great and different. I love TWD and borderlands seems good. I havent played wolf or thrones but i own them

aeolist

Banned
Why the hate? I think these telltale games are great and different. I love TWD and borderlands seems good. I havent played wolf or thrones but i own them

they are all crazy buggy and run like shit on consoles

i never had any issues with TWD1 but i know plenty of people who had save files lost in the middle of the season, which basically ruins the game

BiggNife

Yeah, not happening. Everything they've done from TWD onwards has been way more popular than pre-TWD telltale, and I have to imagine they're making way more money from their newer games.

BibiMaghoo

Walking dead on Vita literally skips a few second sections when under load, and when allowed free movement around an environment (like when you push clem on the swing) the game stutters along at about 12fps. It also occasionally just crashes because of this.

They make good games, but they make them badly.

SerTapTap

Not gonna lie, I love this glitch. But yes, they really need a new engine.

Isn't just a simple animation swap?

Knew the thread would (justifiably) be mostly complaints about the engine. I really want the Borderlands game when it's done but I'm afraid of the engine.

Bought and played a few of their Lego games.

While fun, they were extremely glitchy and had to restart levels because of broken mechanics or getting stuck etc.

i never had any issues with TWD1 but i know plenty of people who had save files lost in the middle of the season, which basically ruins the game

tales from the borderlands runs beautifully on xbox one

Opiate

I think consoles are just way down their priority list. Or, I think Sony and Microsoft are getting Nintendo'd.

Edit: Please note that this does not make it a nice thing to do.

Hopefully, this will bring some change to the company. As well as the above complaints about the engine and QA issues, I personally am hoping that the games change somewhat as part of this. I loved The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, but I'm just not feeling Tales from the Borderlands or Game of Thrones, with most of my frustration coming from Telltale's storytelling seams being visible throughout. I mean, I saw others complaining about those things during Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead, but it wasn't as painfully obvious to me as it was during those games.

I think consoles are just way down their priority list. Or, I think Sony and Microsoft are getting Nintendo'd.

For rather basic looking games they don't run as well as they should on PC and their save bugs still exist there. I think making technically competent games is just way down their priority list.

Nah, the PC versions have their fair share of bugs/faults too. Did they ever fix Walking Dead season 1 erasing progress?

I think it's just a case of they don't give a shit.

Top Bottom