• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temura Morrison to play Boba Fett in The Mandalorian Season 2

B_Boss

Wonder how they are gonna explain his survival from RotJ

I’d say you’d have an opening scene with that shitty Sarlac Pit being blasted to all hell, laser shots flying upward from the creature with Boba flying right back out (upward, following his weapon shots) moments later. No way that shitty pit could keep him down. Always hated that lol.

I’d say you’d have an opening scene with that shitty Sarlac Pit being blasted to all hell, laser shots flying upward from the creature with Boba flying right back out (upward, following his weapon shots) moments later. No way that shitty pit could keep him down. Always hated that lol.
Because every character in Star Wars needs to be an unkillable superhero these days.

GV82

I think I’m on the Side of people hoping he is another Clone Trooper, but for me not Rex etc

Make some story up that he’s one they’ve found that’s been hiding & aged slower than the rest & that the bad guys are trying to get ahold of him to try to make new clones of him pre first order or some bullshit like that & rescued by Ahsoka or Sabine etc, a bit lame I know & might not make sense but it’s Star Wars magic, but

Better than bringing back Boba Fett, because if they bring Boba back imo, timeline dictates that he has to die again before episode 7, so why bring him back to kill him off again? Though they did with Maul so I suppose they could do that.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Awesome. New Star Wars shitting on the originals even more. Yay. Boba Fett should stay dead. Just like the emperor

Last edited:

Dazrael

Better than bringing back Boba Fett, because if they bring Boba back imo, timeline dictates that he has to die again before episode 7, so why bring him back to kill him off again? Though they did with Maul so I suppose they could do that.

Why would the timeline dictate that he has to die before Episode 7? Just because he wasn’t referenced in the sequel trilogy doesn’t mean to say that he is dead, the Galaxy is a big place after all. Was he mentioned as being dead in any of the books or comics?

GV82

Why would the timeline dictate that he has to die before Episode 7? Just because he wasn’t referenced in the sequel trilogy doesn’t mean to say that he is dead, the Galaxy is a big place after all. Was he mentioned as being dead in any of the books or comics?

Shit you’re right thinking about Ahsoka, Rex etc surviving the Original Trilogy. Hmmm good point.

Dural

He escaped the sarlacc in the old expanded universe, now legends.

He was inadvertently knocked into the mouth of the Sarlacc by Solo. Though no one in recorded history had ever escaped from the Sarlacc, Fett was able to escape, though not unscathed. Thanks to his iron will and Mandalorian armor, he was able to fight his way out of the beast's belly. Back in action, he resumed his work as a bounty hunter.

Stitch

Gold Member
no this can't be true. only new disney star wars is resurrecting dead characters!!

/s

old expanded universe would blow some peoples minds. they also had emperor clones btw

Last edited:
Awesome. New Star Wars shitting on the originals even more. Yay. Boba Fett should stay dead. Just like the emperor

Normally I would agree.....buuuuuut Boba Fett is my favorite character. If anyone is going to bring him back, I trust Dave Filoni the most to do it in a respectful way to the OT. Plus, Boba Fett isn't really that important to the OT story - I mean, he just captures Han Solo and then "dies". It's not comparable to resurrecting the goddamn emperor and completely ruining the entire Anakin/Vader story.....

Dural

no this can't be true. only new disney star wars is resurrecting dead characters!!

/s

old expanded universe would blow some peoples minds. they also had emperor clones btw

Yeah, hopefully Lucasfilm will start using those stories considering how bad their own have been received.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
In the end I hope we get a Mandalorian STAR WARS movie, it seems like adding Temura Morrison (Boba Fett) accelerates the momentum the Mandalorian show has going into season 2.

Dazrael

Well I mean yeah everyone knows that, I meant the comics and books during the sequel trilogy. Canon lore now looks like Fett escaped the Sarlacc, goes off on a jolly adventure with Mando and his future is unwritten. That could work.

ImpressionableDentalAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif
Dude knows how to sell on screen punches. Damn bro.

The Sarlacc seemed like a dumb idea all together honestly. It slowly digests you over 1000 years? So you die of suffocation or starvation or....hell, old age way before it "eats" you. So if you survive the fall into it, you are basically just hanging out with everyone else who has been in there for the last week?

Arkam

Wonder how they are gonna explain his survival from RotJ
Same way they did in the EU I would assume. The Sarlac spat him up and was left for near dead. Think someone found him and rehabbed him. Thats when he flew Slave 2 and let everyone think he was actually dead for awhile.

Any chances they are going to pull a Jodo Kast move?

The entire season, you think its Fett only to have the real Fett show up in the last episode and merk him?

I'm conflicted.

Part of me finds the addition of Boba and Ahsoka an overload of awesome... but that's the problem. I feel like this could easily descend into some JJ-level memberberry nonsense and become a liability to Mando's story.

Not every Star Wars character has to tie into each other. This kind of Marvel-level interweaving just makes the galaxy feel really, really small.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Is this show the Noah's ark for the remaining SW fans or is it more of the same stuff that we got in the Disney trilogy?
The first season was alright. It had way more heart than anything Star Wars related since probably the original trilogy, but it's not necessarily that great of a show. It starts off well, but feels like an extremely thin plot stretched out to fill episodes as it goes on.

I enjoyed it enough to watch a 2nd season, but there are lot of points where everyone becomes a complete moron just to ensure that the episode reaches its full running time. And one episode in particular was just awful and pointless IMO. It's all a bit too sugary for me.

mcjmetroid

. I've been saying we need to see Boba Fett make an appearance in the series
Why though.

Mandelorian works as well as it did because it didn't have any of the other star wars characters.

I hope it works because I'd rather they stayed away from anything obvious with the movies as long as they can.

Yes they'll have stormtroopers and baby Yoda but this is the first time they have a recognised character. I mean I get it it's fun to see a character you know but to work a story around yet another character made famous by films released 40 years ago is a problem to me.

Be its own thing, it's why people like it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Doomcock just came out with a video that claims to know what happens in season 2. it sounds pretty crazy so i'm posting this for later review, guess we will know if he was right in a few months anyways.

Boba Fett will show up and take off his helmet and - shock - it will be a woman. Then we will see the backstory, how after he crawled out of the pit, he died, then his armor was sold, eventually Sabine picked it up and claimed it for herself. So with that, Boba Fett becomes a woman, and this will then lead to a spinoff featuring the new female Boba Fett. DC is claiming the whole thing is part of KK's agenda.

Last edited:
Doomcock just came out with a video that claims to know what happens in season 2. it sounds pretty crazy so i'm posting this for later review, guess we will know if he was right in a few months anyways.

Boba Fett will show up and take off his helmet and - shock - it will be a woman. Then we will see the backstory, how after he crawled out of the pit, he died, then his armor was sold, eventually Sabine picked it up and claimed it for herself. So with that, Boba Fett becomes a woman, and this will then lead to a spinoff featuring the new female Boba Fett. DC is claiming the whole thing is part of KK's agenda.

That is wack as fuck if true.

prag16

Banned

400a1853a3fbad531d337a81c96cdda1.gif

GreyHorace

I refuse to believe Jon Favreau or Bob Iger would let Kathleen Kennedy fuck things up like that. Not to mention it would piss off the Star Wars fans that the show has won back over after the Sequel trilogy went bust. It'd be a disaster the equivalent of Star Trek Picard.

If Kennedy wanted a female centric tv show with Star Wars then why not use fucking Ahsoka Tano? She's a character who's reasonably popular among the fandom and they've already cast Rosario Dawson in the role.

Disney knows The Mandalorian is their golden goose with the franchise right now. It's in their best interests to try and keep it as free from sjw bullshit as much as humanly possible.

Last edited:

Ememee

It’d piss off a lot of fans. While that is the M.O of Lucasfilm/Kathleen Kennedy these days, it certainly isn’t Mandalorians.

GreyHorace

Welp, after yesterday's fantastic episode of The Mandalorian, let me just say how happy I am for Temuera Morrison, Boba Fett fans and Star Wars fans in general.

the-mandalorian-season-2-episode-6-baby-yoda-is-in-danger-and-boba-fett-gets-involved-our-verdict-5590f7b.gif

mandalorian-boba-fight.gif

7697859-4818967119-Green.gif

img.gif

Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni continue to save Star Wars from the quagmire that was the Sequel trilogy.

Doomcock just stays the saddest lying piece of shit ever.
Making money of feeding rage to angry haters.

Top Bottom