• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Dark Fate (2019) – La Misión de Dani Extended Look

Romulus

How many women heroine are in this movie, like 4? Might as well have the all female astronaut space walk crew do a cameo too.

I predict in the next Terminator movie that the T800 will be gender neutral. We can't offend people who believe the cyborg symbolizes male physical strength.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Looks like prime fan fiction garbage, still has a more interesting premise than anything post -T2 not that it's an accomplishment.

La Misión de Dani. MORE LIKE LA FORCED STICK FIGURE HEROINE THAT THE MOVIE STUDIO WANTS US TO LOVE CAUSE EDWARD FURLONG AINT 13 ANYMORE.

Ha ha it's fucking sad and true. Midgets don't lead the remaining armies of the world against hyper advanced AI metal cyborgs. People that can see the top of a standard refrigerator without a step ladder do. Gender does not matter.

I'm always up for more Terminator media, but that comes with the price of having to live with my desire for more by slogging through dogshit film after dogshit film for the past near 20 years. Salvation was at least watchable and had some great moments. That's about it.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Getting solid, but unspectacular reviews. Most agree it’s the best since 2 which isn’t saying a lot.

Am I the only one who enjoyed 3?

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Getting solid, but unspectacular reviews. Most agree it’s the best since 2 which isn’t saying a lot.

Am I the only one who enjoyed 3?

3 was sort of fun, but, or me, Arnold was holding that shit together along with Kristanna Loken(to a lesser extent) and after that...Salvation was more so the movie I was looking for, after T2, but still falls short and had plot elements I couldn't really get behind.

Silent Duck

The Rev-9 is nothing special.
Let’s see it do this.
giphy.gif

JimiNutz

Banned
I can understand why the sceptics are still not impressed but Terminator and T2 are some of my favourite films of all time so I can def deal with a Terminator version of 'TFA'.
I'm kinda hyped.

sol_bad

All the details I've read have made it sound like complete rubbish but the bar is so low I think it being a competent film is helping it.

I don't think I have ever seen you praise a single film.
<__<

I hope this film is legit good. Not good at first viewing because your just hoping and dying for a good Terminator film and then on re-watches realise that it's actually crap. That's my relationship with Terminator 3, Terminator Salvation and Transformers 2.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Just saw dark fate and this is how I rate the terminator movies

1. Terminator 2
  2. Terminator
  3. Terminator 3
  4. Terminator genisis/dark fate/salvation

It's was OK the overall story was better then genisis, but that's not hard to do, at all.
It's such a same the terminator franchise had two amazing movies and then they had 4 average movies.

If only the owner of the franchise got decent directors and writers, the franchise has so much potential, especially with reinvigorated focus and excitement on A.I and robotics.

GrayFoxPL

Just saw it.

Cringeminator.

Awful story, characters. Dani is so unlikeable, just a person you wouldn't want to ride a car with. They even managed to make Sarah Connor tiring and unlikable.
Arnie was great but his story bits made me question if this is an actual sequel or a parody and that Deadpool could jump out of a can any minute now.
Terminator dude was just making Robert Patrick impression while at the same time ruining it by talking too much.

And those forced "fucks", fuck this, fuck that, fuck you. I like a good f-bomb if it's well said in a well written scene but here, man, it would be funny if it wasn't so cringe.

cryptoadam

Banned
It just seems like they wanted to do a reboot/remake, but wanted to keep Linda Hamilton in it so they had to basically make T1/T2 pointless.

I see this movie as being pretty decisive, and people will like/hate it for the same reasons.

Its essentially a rehash of T1/T2, which people will like, or people will hate. The gender swapping and erasing of the whole purpose of T2 will either piss people off that they can't get over it, or they will see it as brave and stunning.

Cravis

It’s supposedly tracking for a $40 million opening. That seems a little disappointing for a movie with a production budget of $200 million.

I read the plot on Wikipedia and promptly laughed my ass off. THAT is the best they could come up with?

Cravis

Can someone who has watched the film spoil the main plot points of this film in a spoilered post?

Within first 10 minutes we find Sarah and John on a beach relaxing. Arnold comes back in time and kills John. This Arnold is the same one who will help Sarah later in the movie.

Justin Bieber comes back in time to save the girl. Sarah asks about skynet and she had no clue who they are talking about. The big bad computer system is now known as Legion.

The importance of the girl? Surprise she is the leader of the human resistance in the future. She also saves and adopts Justin Bieber when she is a baby and raises her as her own.

Typical ending where the power core of one (Bieber in this one) is used to kill the bad Terminator.

Movie ends with the girl playing with the baby. Sarah tells her they must go she has training to do.
You’re welcome I just saved you 12 bucks. Lol

The rev9 was great until they made it talk....it then gets cocky and they start to introduce humour into it
Robert Patrick made a great terminator as he was almost emotionless...he didn’t stop and have a conversation or beg to kill his target...he just went about killing things and the only sense of humour was the part at the end where he gives Sarah the naughty finger but it was in context of the moment

This movie does feel like a parody in a way

cryptoadam

Banned
Guys I have this great idea for a Terminator movie. You know how its played out that Skynet became self aware and almost killed humanity and then sent an OP machine back in time, while the humans sent a protector? Well lets do something different this time. Now hear me out.

In the future, an AI becomes self aware and creates robots to kill humanity, and then this AI creates a time machine and sends an OP machine back in time to kill the leader of the resistance, so the humans will send back a protector.

See how original that is. Its not at all like T1 and T2 with Skynet. This is Legion now, totally different, just it does exactly what Skynet did, but its original because WOMANZ.

Javthusiast

Banned
Get directors like Leigh Whannell (Upgrade), Gareth Evans (The Raid films), Kim Jee-woon ( I saw the devil) etc. to direct a lo fi cyberhorror movie like the first Terminator again or with a little more budget like Terminator 2 but still have the action feel real and gritty and not this cgi shit we are getting with these Terminator pg13 sequels.

John Day

Don’t you guys think it’s about time this franchise tried going back to it’s roots? Horror?

I man they all try to redo T2, let’s face it they fail horribly. They just keep putting band aids and expanding the lore unnecesarily. Like, sometimes you don’t even know wtf is canon anymore.

Go back to square one or bury it (won’t happen, easy cash).

plushyp

Within first 10 minutes we find Sarah and John on a beach relaxing. Arnold comes back in time and kills John. This Arnold is the same one who will help Sarah later in the movie.

Justin Bieber comes back in time to save the girl. Sarah asks about skynet and she had no clue who they are talking about. The big bad computer system is now known as Legion.

The importance of the girl? Surprise she is the leader of the human resistance in the future. She also saves and adopts Justin Bieber when she is a baby and raises her as her own.

Typical ending where the power core of one (Bieber in this one) is used to kill the bad Terminator.

Movie ends with the girl playing with the baby. Sarah tells her they must go she has training to do.
You’re welcome I just saved you 12 bucks. Lol
Thanks, actually that's why I wanted to know lol. I'm guessing yes but do Arnold and the brother of the girl die?

Get directors like Leigh Whannell (Upgrade), Gareth Evans (The Raid films), Kim Jee-woon ( I saw the devil) etc. to direct a lo fi cyberhorror movie like the first Terminator again or with a little more budget like Terminator 2 but still have the action feel real and gritty and not this cgi shit we are getting with these Terminator pg13 sequels.
I'd honestly they rather work on their own original properties rather than get stuck on Terminator and whatever idiotic ideas James Cameron has in his head.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
I'd honestly they rather work on their own original properties rather than get stuck on Terminator and whatever idiotic ideas James Cameron has in his head.

Ultimately that's the only logical choice. Terminator was perfectly done after 2 movies, there doesn't need to be more and they proved time and time again that they have no idea what to do with the franchise.

Just got back from the IMAX and it was actually decent, I had a blast.

The good.

The action scenes are really strong and brutal. Arnold, Mackenzie Davis and Linda Hamilton are really good in their roles.

Gabriel Luna doesn't get chance to do much acting here, and feels a bit like just another T-1000 / T-X but the Rev-9 is bloody relentless, so makes up for the lack of personality, with some great action scenes.

The not so good.

Natalie Reyes's Dani is the biggest issue with the film for me. She's not given much to do and is a pretty forgettable character.

Also it's basically a mash up of T1 and T2 again, just not as good, so it's nothing really new. It felt like some things were swapped just for the sake of it, John for Dani, Skynet for Legion (which is actually just a name swap, nothing else)

T1 and T2 are still by far the best in the series but Dark Fate is a good action flick and definitely a step back in the right direction and for me is the best sequel after T2 now.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

How’s this for a series shake up. Arnold and Robert Patrick are sent back too far in time. Sarah Connor’s not even born yet. The two terminators have nothing to do, so they put aside their differences and get an apartment together.

Arnold’s terminator is sloppy, leaving cigars on the floor and Robert Patrick’s terminator is really tidy and has to clean up after him using his spike hands. Basically, a cybernetic Odd Couple. This goes on for years.

The movie ends with the two housemates finally running into themselves during the events of Terminator 2. Arnold asks Robert if they should continue fighting each other. Robert says screw it, let the younger ones do it, he’s retired. The two old robots go to a strip club instead.

The End.
The movie will be directed by Martin Scorsese.

Now that’s cinema.

John Day

How’s this for a series shake up. Arnold and Robert Patrick are sent back too far in time. Sarah Connor’s not even born yet. The two terminators have nothing to do, so they put aside their differences and get an apartment together.

Arnold’s terminator is sloppy, leaving cigars on the floor and Robert Patrick’s terminator is really tidy and has to clean up after him using his spike hands. Basically, a cybernetic Odd Couple. This goes on for years.

The movie ends with the two housemates finally running into themselves during the events of Terminator 2. Arnold asks Robert if they should continue fighting each other. Robert says screw it, let the younger ones do it, he’s retired. The two old robots go to a strip club instead.

The End.

Now that’s cinema.

I’d watch that.

The End.

Now that’s cinema.
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Quote-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

Aggelos

I think it's a serviceable Terminator movie. Probably the best since T2.

Last edited:
I know I said that I was always up for more Terminator...but as time as go on, I wish this abortion of an abortion of an aborted fetus made of shit never came to life. None of the trailers have a single good frame of any value.

Fuck this movie and it's existence. It's not bout the girl power bullshit people love to clamor about. It looks like shit. It plain looks FUCKING BAD.

cryptoadam

Banned
should of went full pandering.

Sarah and John need to travel to China, beause its revealed that China due to its great Firewall and its 9 dash line was the only untouched place in the future from SkyNET.

SkyNET sends back a Terminator to kill Xi, so Sarah and John and a CCP memeber from the future need to protect Xi from the evil future Terminator which is wearing a Rockets jersey and talks in South Park quotes.

Its eventually revealed that John was a front and the real saviour of humanity was actually Chinese and it was thanks to Chinese knock off of US weapons and tech destroyed SkyNET.

Now watch the Yuan roll in.

jdforge

Banned
Fuck, I hope these impressions are accurate and it's actually decent.

Prepare to be disappointed. There’s no tension, no scares, very poor early Harry Potter level CGI.

It’s also incredibly cheesy and filled with the most awkward and pointless dialogue I’ve ever witnessed on screen. So much so that the entire theatre was laughing.

Not with the characters, but at them.

kunonabi

Prepare to be disappointed. There’s no tension, no scares, very poor early Harry Potter level CGI.

It’s also incredibly cheesy and filled with the most awkward and pointless dialogue I’ve ever witnessed on screen. So much so that the entire theatre was laughing.

Isnt there some line about how the new girl is the savior of humanity and not just the mother of the savior?

jdforge

Banned
Isnt there some line about how the new girl is the savior of humanity and not just the mother of the savior?

Yes - they referred to her as Mary as in the Mother of God.

I wasn’t prepared to be laughing so much at a Terminator movie. It was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

JimiNutz

Banned

Damn....
Thanks for keeping it real. Hype fading.

cryptoadam

Banned
So is this going to bomba? I can't imagine China is going to save it. China doesn't have the attachment to T1 and T2 and there is no China pandering in the film from what I can tell. Nothing set in China, no Chinese characters or heros.

Seems odd that they went with Mexico and Mexican's. You would think the studio would of put in some China shit in there for the sweet Yuan.

Tesseract

Banned
it's kinda heartbreaking seeing arnold put through the ringer like this, he deserves better for all the hours he gave away in his youth

i dunno what the goddamn deal is with this franchise, invest some money in some fucking talent and do it right

Aggelos

Actually I watched it now this month (since it's coming out in digital and physical format)
It was a nice flick. I think it's much more appealing-interesting than any Terminator film that has been released since T2 Judgement Day. Still T1 and T2 are the best in the series, hand's down.
It's such a shame to see this series go/fall like that. And moreover a film like Terminator Dark Fate becoming financial unsuccessful at the box office, when it was actually quite enjoyable.

The film has had quite some material cut from it, though. It seems that it was helping to build the characters and deepen the story, but alas...

The deleted/extended scenes are:

"I Need Your Car" -- (30 seconds) Sarah steals a car to catch up with Grace & Dani.

"Internet Cafe" -- (33 seconds) REV-9 scopes out where Sarah, Grace and Dani are while at a cafe.

"Augmentation Volunteer" -- (54 seconds) Grace and the doctor talking about her injuries and she volunteers to be augmented.

"The Crossing" -- (4 minutes) This is the only extended scene and it's during the boarder crossing. Here we get Sarah and Grace fighting off the patrol in different segments to the boarder. Also,
Dani's Uncle gets shot in the water while crossing and we see him pass away.

"Alicia Confronts Sarah" -- (1 minute, 20 seconds) Arnold's wife talks to Sarah about how important Carl is to them, no matter what he is. (She insinuates that she knows he's not a human.)

"Let Me Save You" -- (1 minute) From the future's perspective we get to see Grace talking with Dani asking her to send her back in time in order to save her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-WbH6ohu8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dMDnI3svoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTIJlaQQdpE

Last edited:
Top Bottom