• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Dark Fate (2019) – La Misión de Dani Extended Look

It was very ok. I ENJOYED my time watching it, but nothing really stuck with me. When I think back, I still can't get over the idea that they could have went a different, and better way with things.

The forced Girl Power scenes were... eye-roll-inducing, but thankfully not much worse than that. The scene where Dani is revealed to be the future resistance leader was... dumb. She looked 12.

Arnold and Linda had good performances, and were really the only actual GOOD parts of the movie.

I liked Salvation more, I think, Dark Fate was better than Genisys, probably on-par with 3 in my opinion.

Aggelos

Ya I think, Arnold and Linda were quite good in this flick. And the tense relationship between Grace (Mackenzie Davis) and Sarah Connor (Linda) was quite appealing.
It was fun to watch both of them distrusting each other, while sharing same motives (Grace was there to protect Dani, and Sarah was hunting down Terminators)

sol_bad

Source for this?

Sourced from a 4K digital intermediate, Terminator: Dark Fate conjures up a beautiful 2.39:1 2160p transfer with Dolby Vision HDR - HDR10 is likewise also available. The amount of added detail this image gains over the 1080p release can be a little of a blessing or a curse.

Terminator: Dark Fate was captured digitally in the ARRIRAW codec (at 4.5K) using the Arri Alexa LF camera with Zeiss and Angenieux Optimo anamorphic lenses. It was finished as a native 4K Digital Intermediate and the Ultra HD presentation was graded for High Dynamic Range—both Dolby Vision and HDR10 options are available.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Watching a dog take a dump in 4k is still watching a dog take a dump, which is still preferable to watching this shit again.

xrnzaaas

What's funny is that Genisys was on tv last night and after (re)watching it I feel like it's ten times better than Woke Fate. Arnie's transition into a complete pussy wasn't so advanced in Genisys, future scenes were enjoyable, you-know-who as the villain was decent (although I'm still pissed that the trailer spoiled it) and only the bus chase scene is still horrible and probably the worst from all the chases in the Terminator series.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
What's funny is that Genisys was on tv last night and after (re)watching it I feel like it's ten times better than Woke Fate. Arnie's transition into a complete pussy wasn't so advanced in Genisys, future scenes were enjoyable, you-know-who as the villain was decent (although I'm still pissed that the trailer spoiled it) and only the bus chase scene is still horrible and probably the worst from all the chases in the Terminator series.

It would have been a better movie without Arnie in it at all. Seriously.

Just watched it. Ok action scenes and it was nice seeing Sarah Connor again. But the film is garbage. Everything involving Carl and Dani was cringe worthy.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Do Terminator fans love these films? The occasional appearance by the OGs feels good except for the story factor.

DKehoe

Gold Member
There's no way to make a Terminator film make sense after T2.

"We have to save Dani" is a pretty sorry retread of protecting John Connor. And a shape-shifting terminator. They're out of ideas.

The problem with Terminator as a franchise is that like you say it's hard to keep track of things after 2. The following films are all creating new timelines that erase what went before. So it's hard to care about what happens in each film because it probably won't matter when they do the next one.

cryptoadam

Banned
Since this thread is bumped.

I finally watched this and oh boy it was BAAAAAAAAAD. Not sure how anyone was even giving it the benefit of the doubt. Dani is just horrendous and unbelievable in the role.

Lame action, lame cgi, lame villian, lame story and shitting on the original to fuck with all the older fans.

Thank god this killed the franchise for now because if there was going to be 2 more movies of this crap god help all of us.

Top Bottom