• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terror of Hemasaurus - Retro Rampage Reimagined?

StevieWhite

I work for the publisher of this fine title. It IS, in fact, both fun and hilarious. There's a lot of things that separate this from games like Rampage... but the big one is the fantastic building collapse physics.

The dev's last game was Super Blood Hockey - https://superbloodhockey.com/ - he's a fantastic guy with a great sense of humor.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I work for the publisher of this fine title. It IS, in fact, both fun and hilarious. There's a lot of things that separate this from games like Rampage... but the big one is the fantastic building collapse physics.

The dev's last game was Super Blood Hockey - https://superbloodhockey.com/ - he's a fantastic guy with a great sense of humor.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!
Well definitely pass kudos to the dev, it looks very fun.

Release date is early next year, right? Any particular date or month?

Is it 2 player local coop or 4 player? (3 player lol?)

Cravis

As a lifelong fan of Rampage.

curiosity GIF

StevieWhite

Sorry for being away all! Just been bogged down with other work stuff - there's obviously been a demo/beta that has come and gone - but I'm happy to answer any questions about the game I can!

SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo - Well that seems utterly reductive. As a fan of all of the stupid Rampage games (yes, even Universal tour), I very much enjoy what ToH has to offer. You of course are entitled to your opinion - but if being similar to an older game is the bar for you, I would suggest you just stop playing video games period :)

Nickolaidas

Sorry for being away all! Just been bogged down with other work stuff - there's obviously been a demo/beta that has come and gone - but I'm happy to answer any questions about the game I can!

SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo - Well that seems utterly reductive. As a fan of all of the stupid Rampage games (yes, even Universal tour), I very much enjoy what ToH has to offer. You of course are entitled to your opinion - but if being similar to an older game is the bar for you, I would suggest you just stop playing video games period :)
Don't mind him - his whole schtick is giving piss-poor takes. Kudos for interacting with a community for promoting the game. I'll eventually buy the game on Steam.

StevieWhite

The developer of this game is a fantastically talented individual by the name of Loren Lemcke -he created Super Blood Hockey, which is also a fantastic title. The game has the utmost reverence for the games that he takes inspiration from. What I think separates ToH from its inspirations is the physics - You can certainly just play it like Rampage, but you can get really nuts with how collapsing objects interplay with one another. I am, of course, inherently biased -but it very much scratches that "let's just smash some stuff itch" in a unique way.

If its similarity to games from the 80s upsets you, by all means - go ahead and pass... but I've been playing this one for the better part of two years, and it consistently makes me laugh. It's one of those games that really goes out of its way to mock anybody it can (in the best way possible).

Oh no, sorry for calling out your little unimaginative pixel art retro rip-off game no. 325453.

Can't wait for more of that!
The easiest job in the world is to be a critic. I assume you could make a better game and we all would love to see what you create. 😉

The developer of this game is a fantastically talented individual by the name of Loren Lemcke -he created Super Blood Hockey, which is also a fantastic title. The game has the utmost reverence for the games that he takes inspiration from. What I think separates ToH from its inspirations is the physics - You can certainly just play it like Rampage, but you can get really nuts with how collapsing objects interplay with one another. I am, of course, inherently biased -but it very much scratches that "let's just smash some stuff itch" in a unique way.

If its similarity to games from the 80s upsets you, by all means - go ahead and pass... but I've been playing this one for the better part of two years, and it consistently makes me laugh. It's one of those games that really goes out of its way to mock anybody it can (in the best way possible).
Is this title out now? How much does it cost?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wasted lots of quarters back in the day on Rampage. Great game. But only really fun with more players. Playing solo was a yawn.

StevieWhite

It's out! Go grab it! I no longer work for the publisher, but I would STILL heartily recommend you grab this while it is on sale.

Top Bottom