• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura Says Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin Sequel is Possible Depending on Popularity

Draugoth

Gold Member
Stranger-of-Paradise-Final-Fantasy-Origin-5-1-800x445.png.webp

In Square Enix’s recent broadcast of Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin to commemorate the launch of the title’s third and final DLC, Different Future, producer Tetsuya Nomura shared a noteworthy message to fans.

Nosiypixel translated the following sentences:
When Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin first came out, there was a lot of negative bashing, especially online. However, I’m pleased to say that everyone watching this livestream has grown very fond of Jack and his friends. So much so that some would love to see a sequel of [the title].
And if you do want that to happen, then it would certainly help if one person watching this spread the news to 10 other people. If word of mouth about the game spreads through the DLC’s completion, proving that this is a title that has really resonated with everyone, there may be a time when we can meet again. I personally would love to work with Kumabe-san from Koei Tecmo again.
So, while there’s obviously no guarantee of a sequel, it is worth emphasizing that Nomura did not simply turn down the idea altogether. Granted, asking fans to spread word of the game for increased cultural presence is nothing new, but diehard players should keep this message in mind. As a massive fan of this game, I sincerely hope a sequel comes around one day.
https://noisypixel.net/tetsuya-nomura-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-sequel-possible/
https://noisypixel.net/tetsuya-nomura-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-sequel-possible/

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm happy to see how liked this game is in GAF lately, it's been calling my attention and thought it was bad but it was just Babylon's falls general opinion poisoning that game, kinda what happened to Guardians of the Galaxy after Marvel's Avengers I think...

Griffon

Depending on Popularity

That sort of answer when addressing fans is codeword for "Never happening because it sold like shit (*relative to expectation and budget)".
It's just a nice and diplomatic way to say it.

The game has been out for a year. If it was popular enough for a sequel they would know already.

Him saying that now means it's already dead.

Last edited:

Deft Beck

The game was a lot of fun, but I am not touching the DLC if it's as hard as people say it is.

I'd love a sequel, though.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That sort of answer when addressing fans is codeword for "Never happening because it sold like shit (*relative to expectation and budget)".
It's just a nice and diplomatic way to say it.

The game has been out for a year. If it was popular enough for a sequel they would know already.

Him saying that now means it's already dead.

Final piece of DLC is coming out today, so no doubt as its exactly followed the Team Ninja playbook established by Nioh, no doubt a complete edition will be along shortly.

More people should give it a chance, its surprisingly good and with it not being some AAA extravaganza I doubt it needs huge sales to cover costs.

Just finished the base game normal ending. It was pretty enjoyable. Would do the DLC if not for the blatant grinding aspects, plus I’d need a guide for how exactly to game the leveling system throughout as it seems a bit of a mess. Kind of reminds me of Destiny in that respect. *increase number to do new stuff*. Sigh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom