• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Is your state on a lock down order to not gather for Thanksgiving? Are you going to say fuck you and gather anyway? Is the pandemic going to change your turkey day plans? How do you even feel about Thanksgiving this year? I'm interested in hearing about plans and thoughts.

For me, i say fuck Gavin Newsom and will go to the same friends house i go every year. But, it will be with a tiny small group of 6 people.

Dropping out the plane with my squad mates, try to kill the other people before the gas surrounds us. Fighting my way back from the gulag. Cutting off my console as my teamates beg for me to pay for their redeploy, cause i dont have enough money and dont know what the hell i'm doing really.

Eating a ton of food, playing games on my PS5, and the annual Thanksgiving movie ritual of Starship Troopers and Freddy Got Fingered.
q6F3XxR.gif

KCkXgQK.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Staying home and hanging out with my dogs while watching college basketball all day long.

Which is pretty much what I do every year.

Dropping out the plane with my squad mates, try to kill the other people before the gas surrounds us. Fighting my way back from the gulag. Cutting off my console as my teamates beg for me to pay for their redeploy, cause i dont have enough money and dont know what the hell i'm doing really.

Ahh yes I’ll probably play a healthy amount of Warzone too.

Last edited:

deafmedal

I’m flying home tomorrow, will relax then wake up whenever and hang with the wife and kid while cooking and Christmas tree decorating occurs. Perhaps I’ll watch a couple movies or maybe set up the PS5 (doubt). We’ll head to my sister’s in the afternoon then back home. I’ll fly back here Friday and head straight back to work. Gotta wash all my clothes somewhere in there too.

My co-workers insured no 4 day weekend for me, deadline on the 30th. I considered just staying here but my family doesn’t deserve to be punished. Oh well, what will one last huge check this year hurt 😢

Sleepwalker

Not thanksgiving here in good ole Canada, however it is my birthday in 3 minutes. So yay I guess :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Will probably just spend it with family and loved ones, have some good food/beer and maybe share some scotch and a cigar with my dad, to my wife's dismay.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Lockdown so my brother and I aren’t driving to my parents in Reno this year with the curfew etc. I’m making a turkey and all the trimmings and we’re all going to drink and Zoom.

Turkey’s been in the brine bag for a good 8 hours now so I’m waiting the full 24.

I wanted to go but my uncle caught something like COVID in the last week despite testing negative so my parents decided it wasn’t worth the risk.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Everything turned out well! The biggest hit was the rolls. I used the source cream & chive recipe from Clair Saffitz's new book Dessert Person.

9aOu0iQ.png

The ham turned out well, despite it being my first time roasting a ham.

CB73N7e.png

Almost called 911. Woke up feeling sick and had nausea and diarrhea. Around noon while I was in the bathroom I started sweating all over my body and when I got up, everything went like purple static in my vision and I felt like I was going to faint. Thought I was either going to pass out or die. I had no appetite and just ate a little bit later in the evening.

Everything turned out well! The biggest hit was the rolls. I used the source cream & chive recipe from Clair Saffitz's new book Dessert Person.

9aOu0iQ.png

The ham turned out well, despite it being my first time roasting a ham.

CB73N7e.png
Is that your food? Damn that all looks beyond amazing. Wow those rolls.

highrider

Banned
Well, my whole family is super liberal so they will be in lockdown for the foreseeable future so the holidays are kind of cancelled this year. On thanksgiving I smoked weed all day and played some Ghost Recon then went to Don Polo for the Peruvian chicken. Not a bad day at all 👍

Edit: I do miss the food, when turkey is cooked properly it’s amazing with the sides and pies. 😢

Last edited:
Top Bottom