• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 30 Best Games of 2022 - Paste Magazine

Signalis is amazing, Norco has promise, but Citizen Sleeper hasn't been impressing me. The fact that there's a gratuitously nonbinary character within five minutes of starting the game doesn't help, makes the whole thing seem tryhard and amateurish.

Signalis is amazing, Norco has promise, but Citizen Sleeper hasn't been impressing me. The fact that there's a gratuitously nonbinary character within five minutes of starting the game doesn't help, makes the whole thing seem tryhard and amateurish.

That's probably going to be my trouble for a play through then. Do I support personal choice? Yep. Do I want to play around with those topics when I game? Nope.

I like how Apex Legends has it though, great mix of characters and voice actors from all types of race, creed, gender, voice, attitude etc. The voice acting and characters in Apex make a ton of what that game is. It's not really something I have to trade my personal gaming choice for just to do good during game time, it's more awareness and support with representation. I'm not after a gender bending experience when I game unless it's Cyberpunk, then it's telescopic dicks enormous for days. I kid, you get the point.

Raven117

Gold Member
You can tell they hate more mainstream games when they're ignoring Plague Tale 2 or GoW Ragnarok.
I mean, certainly they would probably be on most peoples top 30… but i can see how they weren’t included on this list.. I have issues with both of those games (while recognizing that they are good)

Last edited:
List got me to get started on NORCO. Hell of an art style to say the least. Point and click adventure with blade runner vibes and disco elysium mind system? My weekend is set.

Klayzer

I knew God of War:R wasn't on the list, just by who posted it. If it was listed highly, doubt he would have posted said list.

Handel

I've played three of that top 5, just need to get around to playing NORCO and Immortality via GamePass. Currently Pentiment is my GOTY, with Citizen Sleeper, Elden Ring, Grounded and Plague Tale Requiem closing out my top 5 currently. There are many, many games left to play from this year though and Plague Tale Requiem's spot is especially vulnerable so will near guaranteed get knocked out by the time I play more titles.

mxbison

I haven't played Norco and Signalis yet but that list does have some "Look how sophisticated I am" vibes.

I started playing Citizen Sleeper to get some MS Rewards points, and I'm finding it hard to stop. Got me completely intrigued. Don't be put off by that non-binary chat above - that passed me by completely, it's not rammed down your throat if that's something that triggers you.

Norco is next I think, then Immortality. God bless Game Pass.

Top Bottom