• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Adventures of Tintin game announced for consoles, PC

Bullet Club

Microids developing new action-adventure game.

PaPgQni.jpg

Microids has announced a partnership with Moulinsart to develop and publish a game based on the comic book series The Adventures of Tintin for consoles and PC.

“We are extremely happy to work on this co-production!” Microids CEO Stephane Longeard saida in a press release. “We have been willing to make this happen for quite some time. This announcement is the result of a creative process allowing us to define precisely how this project will take shape and the two companies will interact. This really is a dream come true for us. The Adventures of Tintin transported millions of readers worldwide and this opportunity will allow us to put our talents at the service of one of the biggest creators of the 20th century and its inked hero: Our team members are fans of the famous reporter and will do their best to pay this franchise a vibrant homage. We can’t wait to kick-off this project!”

Moulinsart director Nick Rodwell added, “The upcoming PC and consoles video game inserts itself pretty well in the legacy of the most famous reporter’s adventures. Our ambition is to provide a mainstream audience with a fun and friendly game for everyone to enjoy. Microids is for us the ideal partner to bring to life this new Tintin’s adventure.”

Here is an overview of the game, via Microids:

This new action-adventure game will transport the player into a whirlwind of incredible situations and suspense hand in hand with the legendary Tintin and Snowy characters. Other iconic characters will join the cast like the renowned captain Haddock, fond of fine whiskey and sophisticated slurs, the genius professor Calculus and the finest detectives Thomson & Thompson.
After navigating all seas, exploring numerous continents, doing some deep sea diving in a submarine and even walking on the Moon, the most famous reporter is ready for some brand new interactive adventures.

More information, including the game’s title, will be announced at a later date.

Source: Gematsu

Mr Hyde

They should be in the style of the SNES-games, but hopefully much better in terms of gameplay and difficulty. I really hope they replicate the cartoon drawings and not go for shitty polygons like that awful game based on the Spielberg movie.

Mista

Banned
Damn, this brings back lots of memories. Will wait for a gameplay video to see what is it all about

Batiman

Banned
80's? Tintin had a big budget CG movie directed by Steven Spielberg in 2011. It starred Jamie Bell as Tintin and Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock.

the-adventures-of-tintin-1010112-p.jpg

I'm all for a Tintin game provided it captures the spirit of the comic.
Just watched this again the other day and loved it. That chase scene near the end is amazing. I’m down for a game

Doom85

80's? Tintin had a big budget CG movie directed by Steven Spielberg in 2011. It starred Jamie Bell as Tintin and Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock.

I'm a total Tintin newbie outside of this film so I'm not sure how faithful it was to the original source material, but me and my friends really enjoyed the movie when we saw it years ago. Makes me want to re-watch it this weekend.

D.Final

Banned

PaPgQni.jpg

Microids has announced a partnership with Moulinsart to develop and publish a game based on the comic book series The Adventures of Tintin for consoles and PC.

“We are extremely happy to work on this co-production!” Microids CEO Stephane Longeard saida in a press release. “We have been willing to make this happen for quite some time. This announcement is the result of a creative process allowing us to define precisely how this project will take shape and the two companies will interact. This really is a dream come true for us. The Adventures of Tintin transported millions of readers worldwide and this opportunity will allow us to put our talents at the service of one of the biggest creators of the 20th century and its inked hero: Our team members are fans of the famous reporter and will do their best to pay this franchise a vibrant homage. We can’t wait to kick-off this project!”

Moulinsart director Nick Rodwell added, “The upcoming PC and consoles video game inserts itself pretty well in the legacy of the most famous reporter’s adventures. Our ambition is to provide a mainstream audience with a fun and friendly game for everyone to enjoy. Microids is for us the ideal partner to bring to life this new Tintin’s adventure.”

This new action-adventure game will transport the player into a whirlwind of incredible situations and suspense hand in hand with the legendary Tintin and Snowy characters. Other iconic characters will join the cast like the renowned captain Haddock, fond of fine whiskey and sophisticated slurs, the genius professor Calculus and the finest detectives Thomson & Thompson.
After navigating all seas, exploring numerous continents, doing some deep sea diving in a submarine and even walking on the Moon, the most famous reporter is ready for some brand new interactive adventures.

More information, including the game’s title, will be announced at a later date.

I wish for a Tintin game AAA, Action Adventure like Uncharted, one day

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
How about you give me the second movie ya'll bitches promised me years ago HUH!!!

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I’m willing to consume anything TinTin related. Having said that I have no idea who Microids are.

JoduanER2

PaPgQni.jpg

Never heard of them, but thats no reason they wont make a good game.

ShaikhCroft

Blistering Typhoon! I'm happy with this one. Hope it's 3D action adventure more like Tomb Raider rather than Syberia by the same company.

Esppiral

It's been 9 years already? Wow time sure flies, wasn't a second movie in the works?

Doom85

It's been 9 years already? Wow time sure flies, wasn't a second movie in the works?

Apparently Steven Spielberg (who directed the first one) said in 2016 that Peter Jackson, who produced the first movie, is slated to direct the second film and work on it can begin after Jackson has completed another film's production from Dreamworks/Amblin Partners (which rules out this mentioned film being 2018's Mortal Engines as that was a different studio, so this is an unknown film that Jackson is directing and/or producing). So sadly, we'll probably have to wait at least 5 years before seeing a second film (unless this unknown film is far into filming, but unlikely as it's not mentioned in Jackson's filmography), but at least they're still talking about it (in 2018, both Spielberg and Jackson both said they still intend to do the sequel).

Top Bottom