• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ahsoka Series Will Also Feature Sabine Wren in Live-Action (Rebels Sequel!)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ahsoka-Logo.jpeg

For now, What If …? is focusing on characters who have already appeared in live-action. But animation history has noteworthy examples of popular characters who appeared in animation first before making it big in live-action. Harley Quinn debuted in the 1990s Batman animated series decades before debuting in Suicide Squad, while Ahsoka Tano, the fan-favorite Jedi, appeared in animation in 2008 before Rosario Dawson made the jump to live action in The Mandalorian season two. Now, Dawson is leading a live-action Ahsoka spinoff for Disney+, with sources saying Lucasfilm is looking for an actress to star opposite Dawson as Mandalorian warrior Sabine Wren.

It's long been rumored that the Ahsoka series will be a sequel to Rebels, picking up where that series ended 5 years after ROTJ (Ahsoka's episode in Mando is set BEFORE the ending of Rebels) with live-action Ezra and Thrawn, and this seems to be pointing to that if they're doing Sabine as well. They also just showed Hera's origin in Bad Batch.

NickFire

I don't think I ever watched the end of Rebels for some reason. My mind is completely blown by the thought it ended 5 years after ROTJ.

Anyway, I can get excited for a live action Ahsoka episode.

But what a shame they didn't think of all these stories before the last trilogy. So much potential lost in storylines,

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I think the Live action SW tv shows have been pretty good.

I liked when they had Katie Stakof playing her voiced character in the Mandalorian.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't think I ever watched the end of Rebels for some reason. My mind is completely blown by the thought it ended 5 years after ROTJ.

There's a time jump at the end. Ezra and Thrawn vanish into a portal. Then it jumps to 5 years after ROTJ. Hera has a half-human kid (Kanan's son) while robed Ahsoka and Sabine are searching for Ezra.

The Ahsoka episode of Mando is set before that.

NickFire

There's a time jump at the end. Ezra and Thrawn vanish into a portal. Then it jumps to 5 years after ROTJ. Hera has a half-human kid (Kanan's son) while robed Ahsoka and Sabine are searching for Ezra.

The Ahsoka episode of Mando is set before that.
I was completely unaware but will be adding it to the watch list now that I know. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom