• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Alters demo available from June 10th to June 17th

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ooh this is that weird Death Stranding + Fallout Shelter game. Will check the demo out for sure.

It's also gonna be on game pass day 1 so no reason not to give it a go.

The demo is only on Steam I guess since they don't mention any other platforms. I'll give it a try once it releases on GP since from the previews it looks like a cool mix between DS and Moon (2009).

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I had actually forgotten about this game, and then remembered what it was upon seeing some of the images on the Steam page.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I really enjoyed the demo. It's actually a pretty refreshing concept and if they really expand on what I played, we could have a really good game here. The demo hooked me and I had to stop because I want to save myself for the full story.
Played for 2 hours I still have a few questions like: how long is it and how big is the research tree? How bad (or good) can be a relation with another Alter? How many different resources are there? But it have some nice ideas, it's on my radar now for sure.

The game is quite heavy too, maxed out 4K DLAA it can tank to 60/70 FPS with a 4090/13700K with stutters in the elevator or when responding to a call etc... great looking game tho and I'm sure they will do more optimization closer to release.
Some screenshots:

NxxO3Hoq_o.png
xnUf4K4e_o.png
wlaOfGxj_o.png
m7zDz6bJ_o.png
Wjj69cKJ_o.png
kknc49q9_o.png
q5f93KTw_o.png
G7VPppbQ_o.jpg

I recommend giving a try to the demo.

Top Bottom