• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Assetto Corsa Competizione next gen update is garbage

SLB1904

Banned
My relationship with this franchise is complicated.
Last year when the update 1.8 released on PC o bought the game and I use the controller and pretty much fall in love even tho you can imagine the shortcomings that comes with controller. Still was pretty fun and the dash cam was manageable with controller, anyway I thought well I guess in the future I'll get my wheel and will enjoy even more.

Anyway kunos being kunos with almost with every new update, they brake shit random crashes and pretty much every random shit you can imagine with PC gaming until they fixbit. But yeah the game is straight peak GT simulation... so wait to be fix wasn't problem while I was waiting for my wheel

Fast forward to the first next gen update.
And kunos does it again
The update wasn't the 1.8 but hey they will release that in the future so it's all cool and all and the game is only $10 on a deal. So fine i can wait.

Kunos once again anounce the good news the release of the update 1.8 for console woohoo 🙌 we are getting there.

Remember is almost 6 months I haven't touched the PC version I've being pretty busy with other stuff while keeping the PC version on the back burner.

Well install the new shine ps5 update.
Oh boy shit is terrible.

1st the graphics aren't good lots of jaggies. The reflection on the mirror are pretty low res probably below 720p but who cares is just the mirrors. But everything else seems pretty low res not really good looking game coming from gt7.
But that's just the graphics

Now let's get to the meaty stuff.

The multiplater straight unplayable I couldn't get to one single race literally ot would crash straight away.
They fix it with a hotfix that came a week later.
Oh that's cool you would think. Oh look a competive server that you can't get in because is for the circuit of Americas a dlc that isn't available on consoles lol

Content locked that is not even for sale.
The replay features glitches where the car show is not even ready to release until next year lmfao

The force feedback on wheel is so shit that I felt something was wrong because I don't remember the PC version being these poor but I thought yo myself but PC version has an official fanatec wheel support so it's pretty much plug and play.
So i thought to myself maybe is that so looked online for recommended setting still no luck pretty crap. But even after all of that I thought let me buy the DLCs available might as well

But then something come to me... let me see how the PC version is doing before I spend money.

Not gonna lie my jaw dropped.
I have a rtx 2070 Iso I expect to look as good as the ps5 version.
Oh my good I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Because I couldn't be bother to mess with the settings so I just use the recommended settings. Bare in mind I saw a lot graphic features on MID.

As soon as the game loaded I lost my shit. That was going from dirty water to wine.

The graphics sharp beautiful at 4k at around 120fps without using dlss.
I bump most of the settings to hight and still I'm getting around 100fps. I'm just not bothered to optimise because that's how good it runs on my gpu
The force feedback is a dream. I can't stress this enough.

How did kunos fuck the console version this bad. And by the way I didn't even install the game on my pc ssd and the loading time is 10 times faster than on my ps5

Anyway if you read this thank you because I wouldn't. I can't even read this back to sort the errors lol

And yeah don't bother with console version of this game is straight rubbish

Skifi28

I gave up on the original AC on PC after they fucked up controller settings at some point. It took me hours originally, but I finally found the best settings that worked for me and had a blast for a few dozen hours.

But after some update I came to find my settings broken and nothing I tried worked well. Spent hours trying to find decent controller settings including searching online, but no cigar to the point I just quit. I gave Competizione a try on PS plus and what do you know, same broken controller support.

I mean it's no rocket science, you can be a simulator and have playable controller settings but the devs don't really seem to care.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

While my gripes don't have anything to do with yours since they don't affect you as a current gen owner, and I'm not trying to hijack your topic but I figured this was as good a place as any to vent. I also share some frustration with this game, or rather, how they killed off support for the version I own.

I haven't touched a pure racing game since GT4 in 2005 until the more realistic nature of AC and ACC caught my attention which led me to purchasing both earlier this year. While I ended up really loving ACC, poured so many hours into, I'm salty they never bothered giving last gen owners the Challengers Pack or even the BMW M4 GT3. Of course Assetto Corsa 2 on PS4 isn't happening which is understandable because devs have to leave old consoles behind with their new projects now, but they couldn't even hook us up with some goddamn dlc cars for a game that's already on last gen to begin with? I would've gladly paid the 10 measly dollars smh.

Last edited:
I am playing it on PS4. The thing bothering me are the very noticable microfreezes every 20 seconds or so. The simulation in ACC might be more demanding and accurate but eg Ride looks better and does not have that. Both run on unreal, there is obviously something not optimal in ACC's console ports.

Tomcat

I tried the native PS5 version as it’s part of PS+ Extra. Coming from 130 hours of GT7, I deleted it after 30 seconds. Looks unbelievably dreadful.
i agree it looks bad. But the driving model is unmatched. I guess we will have to wait for forza 8 for a next gen racing game

Nemesisuuu

If you are into 'serious' sim racing, PC is where it's at. Someone mentioned already - console version of ACC is handled by another studio while Kunos is on PC version and hopefully on AC2.

It depends what are you searching for, from my experience - for online iRacing was the best, there's no contest. But for single player rFactor 2 just clicked the right way with me, new content is chefskiss.gif and force feedback even on T150 is the best in comparison to other sims.

For strictly GT racing ACC is top, there's no question. Even tho, I didn't try online racing on it.

My relationship with this franchise is complicated.
Last year when the update 1.8 released on PC o bought the game and I use the controller and pretty much fall in love even tho you can imagine the shortcomings that comes with controller. Still was pretty fun and the dash cam was manageable with controller, anyway I thought well I guess in the future I'll get my wheel and will enjoy even more.

Anyway kunos being kunos with almost with every new update, they brake shit random crashes and pretty much every random shit you can imagine with PC gaming until they fixbit. But yeah the game is straight peak GT simulation... so wait to be fix wasn't problem while I was waiting for my wheel

Fast forward to the first next gen update.
And kunos does it again
The update wasn't the 1.8 but hey they will release that in the future so it's all cool and all and the game is only $10 on a deal. So fine i can wait.

Kunos once again anounce the good news the release of the update 1.8 for console woohoo 🙌 we are getting there.

Remember is almost 6 months I haven't touched the PC version I've being pretty busy with other stuff while keeping the PC version on the back burner.

Well install the new shine ps5 update.
Oh boy shit is terrible.

1st the graphics aren't good lots of jaggies. The reflection on the mirror are pretty low res probably below 720p but who cares is just the mirrors. But everything else seems pretty low res not really good looking game coming from gt7.
But that's just the graphics

Now let's get to the meaty stuff.

The multiplater straight unplayable I couldn't get to one single race literally ot would crash straight away.
They fix it with a hotfix that came a week later.
Oh that's cool you would think. Oh look a competive server that you can't get in because is for the circuit of Americas a dlc that isn't available on consoles lol

Content locked that is not even for sale.
The replay features glitches where the car show is not even ready to release until next year lmfao

The force feedback on wheel is so shit that I felt something was wrong because I don't remember the PC version being these poor but I thought yo myself but PC version has an official fanatec wheel support so it's pretty much plug and play.
So i thought to myself maybe is that so looked online for recommended setting still no luck pretty crap. But even after all of that I thought let me buy the DLCs available might as well

But then something come to me... let me see how the PC version is doing before I spend money.

Not gonna lie my jaw dropped.
I have a rtx 2070 Iso I expect to look as good as the ps5 version.
Oh my good I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Because I couldn't be bother to mess with the settings so I just use the recommended settings. Bare in mind I saw a lot graphic features on MID.

As soon as the game loaded I lost my shit. That was going from dirty water to wine.

The graphics sharp beautiful at 4k at around 120fps without using dlss.
I bump most of the settings to hight and still I'm getting around 100fps. I'm just not bothered to optimise because that's how good it runs on my gpu
The force feedback is a dream. I can't stress this enough.

How did kunos fuck the console version this bad. And by the way I didn't even install the game on my pc ssd and the loading time is 10 times faster than on my ps5

Anyway if you read this thank you because I wouldn't. I can't even read this back to sort the errors lol

And yeah don't bother with console version of this game is straight rubbish
I have the original AC on console and it's not great.

PC, however, is night and day difference.

TrebleShot

Disgusting, I had the same experience, its one of the most lazy cash grab ports you could imagine.
Unoptimized and ported as quickly and as cheaply as possible to console. Its basically the pc settings and as low as possible to run on PS5.

Top Bottom