• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Battlefield 2042 Soundtrack leaked

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

0:00 Orbital
3:37 The Observation of Beautiful Forms
7:28 Irreversible
11:10 Between the Bows
14:18 Wall Jazz
16:23 Load Bearing
19:36 When does a country stop being a country?
23:13 5 Degrees of Warming
25:08 Hauled Over the Coals
27:10 Wet Bulb
29:05 Hourglass
32:11 Shipping Forecast
34:43 Tipping Points
40:41 Battlefield 2042

Shocked Maya Rudolph GIF

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
E1l3Bz3.jpg

Given those songs names, This just makes me think there was a campaign at some point and they realized how terrible it was and decided to just axe it.

Robb

Gold Member
Sounds awful, which is a shame because the original BF theme is really good imo.

YukiOnna

BF had music? Been playing since BF1942 and never heard anything outside of gunshots and explosions, lol.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
shaddap

R-4535224-1368652664-8122.jpeg.jpg
2395_quake_header.jpg
9gyqvn9pvu841.jpg
artworks-000002943022-gpikon-t500x500.jpg
ab67616d0000b2739aa7a825a468735e9e841780

for a multiplayer only game this makes sense, warzone added a creepy ass soundtrack (song?) and it worked, its supposed to be vibey not an anthem. that being said im turning that shit off before game 1

Add Turok 1 and 2, and Half-Life to the mix.

Blood Dragon's soundtrack is just amazing though.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
God this is indeed shit, I'm sorry to who ever made this but your just bad at this whole music thing.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
You've clearly never listened to the Halo ODST soundtrack
Ah yes, cause Halo the single player campaign and Battlefield 2042 the multiplayer game with no campaign are clearly very similar in terms of how their soundtracks will be composed.

Not sure how many people have wanted a soundtrack for Halo's Slayer MP mode music.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Ah yes, cause Halo the single player campaign and Battlefield 2042 the multiplayer game with no campaign are clearly very similar in terms of how their soundtracks will be composed.

Not sure how many people have wanted a soundtrack for Halo's Slayer MP mode music.
You just said FPS video game

SJRB

Gold Member
Bizarre style choice, it honestly sounds like it was a faulty upload half the time.

Yeah the samples I picked out were all garbo. The main theme has been demolished. I get they want to change it up and everything but.... yeah... naw....

Quite a shame, the theme is iconic of course, and there has been other good stuff in recent BF games:

edit: Only reason I am late is because when I saw the stupid MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER bullshit I went to find the not-retarded upload instead, and by the time I did someone had uploaded the bullshit. Ya know what. I stand by what I did.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
yes im dead serious. Hans Zimmer is a good composer, but he is also a very generic composer. He's the king of mediocrisity. Like, he makes the best 0815 soundtracks, thats it.
I don't think that's fair really, he's not one of my favourites but something like his score for interstellar is so good, the generic complaint might only get some traction if you don't acknowledge that he's often the one setting the tone and other composers are copying him.

He's just about the most famous composer in cinema, certainly of his generation, working on the biggest productions making music that is enjoyed by millions.
It feels a bit try hard to attempt to knock him down a notch when he's about as successful as it's possible to be.

Starfield

I don't think that's fair really, he's not one of my favourites but something like his score for interstellar is so good, the generic complaint might only get some traction if you don't acknowledge that he's often the one setting the tone and other composers are copying him.

He's just about the most famous composer in cinema, certainly of his generation, working on the biggest productions making music that is enjoyed by millions.
It feels a bit try hard to attempt to knock him down a notch when he's about as successful as it's possible to be.
I should have been more specific about it. Generic video game scores.

Hes movie work is awesome

Yams

I like what I hear. Sounds futuristic and unsettling. It feels like some of Jóhann Jóhannsson's film scores (Arrival, Sicario).

Last edited:
Top Bottom