• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Video Game Clothing

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Do you guys ever buy video game clothing? What do you think are the best examples of clothes you'd actually wear in real life that aren't horribly cheesy and embarrassing to wear?

I thought this one was kinda neat. Saw someone wearing this in real life once. The holographic logo looks cool.

m_wp_6276844a93649f05e078a226.webp

Splatoon has tons of shirts

fe4965d9edbc482445.jpg
images

Zelda

links-awakening-japanese-logo-legend-of-zelda-nintendo-womens-t-shirt-white-503395_500x.jpg

Street Fighter II

DeeJay's default costume. Very stylish and work appropriate.

leggings,m,x540,front-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Cattlyst

I have a shirt with the DOOM logo on it that I wear occasionally. That’s about it. Almost bought a Mass Effect leather jacket a few years ago too, and thought better of it. Had a sort of ‘how do you do, fellow kids’ vibe!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
only if people don't know it's a gaming piece of clothing. if i were a Splatoon fan i'd buy that white shirt. i'd definitely buy that Zelda top. i'm not walking about with a huge xbox/sony/nintendo/sega logo though.

at least that's for visible stuff. underwear/socks i think i have some gaming ones.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
only if people don't know it's a gaming piece of clothing. if i were a Splatoon fan i'd buy that white shirt. i'd definitely buy that Zelda top. i'm not walking about with a huge xbox/sony/nintendo/sega logo though.

at least that's for visible stuff. underwear/socks i think i have some gaming ones.
That is the golden rule. Able to look normal to people who don't know what you're talking about while simultaneously getting constant thumbs up from nerds.

dragon-ball-z-capsule-corp-t-shirt-3__74501.1512192120.jpg

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I have a few things from Insert Coin but their designs are generally great (mainly when it's just a repro of in-game clothing) or completely fucking terrible.

I wear their Persona 4 Midnight Channel shirt out and about a fair bit.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have a great shovel Knight shirt. People always compliment it. I have various Mario and battletoads shirts.

I have an Xbox Onsie I pull out on occasions.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Me want.

The shirt looks pretty nice too.

Jokes, the model's soso, but seriously, where do I buy that shirt?

I got mine from

But it seems they stopped making it, it was during the release of Yakuza 2 Kiwami I got it, which is where the construction company is a minigame.

Sorry.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Gold Member
I got mine from

But it seems they stopped making it, it was during the release of Yakuza 2 Kiwami I got it, which is where the construction company is a minigame.

Sorry.
Profound sadness..... Thanks for the info though.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Last edited:

manfestival

Personally love the more retro stuff or I go with more subtle things. Like I bought a couple of dota 2 button ups like 6 years ago or something that had small symbols and actually was tactful enough to wear at work or somewhere decent enough without screaming I am a gamer. I no longer have those shirts nor would I care to wear them but prefer that for sure.

Top Bottom