• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Biggest Game Releases of April 2023

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hoppy April, everybunny! Whether the sun is shining and the birds are chirping, or it’s cold and raining, nothing can prevent the release of exciting new video games for you to stay inside and play! You can fly over LA on a robot bird in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores out on the 19th, or visit the zombie ridden HelL-A in Dead Island 2, which is available on the 21st. There’s many more new games this month so stick around to find out all about April’s biggest game releases!

1. Creed Rise to Glory Championship Edition - PSVR 2 (April 4th): This boxing game was previously released on other VR platforms, but has been tightened up for Sony's new PSVR 2. With haptic feedback in the controllers and headset, it promises to be the most authentic way to get punched in the face by Mr. T without the need for a trip to the emergency room.
  2. Meet Your Maker - PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC (April 4th): This first-person shooter and builder game challenges players to navigate deadly trap-filled levels designed by other players, while designing their own traps and levels. It will be free for PlayStation Plus members on its day of release.
  3. Grim Grimoire Once More - Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5 (April 4th): This is a remaster of Vanillaware's 2007 side-scrolling strategy RPG, featuring the studio's signature cute anime characters and painterly style.
  4. Moviehouse: The Film Studio Tycoon - PC (April 5th): This game lets players run their own motion picture studio and simulate the experience of running a Hollywood studio during its heyday.
  5. Curse of the Sea Rats - Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC (April 6th): This hand-drawn "ratoidvania" game features rat pirates and has been compared to Don Bluth and Disney movies like "Secret of NIMH" and "The Great Mouse Detective".
  6. Batora: Lost Haven - Nintendo Switch (April 6th): This isometric action RPG features a unique blend of sci-fi and fantasy elements and is already out on other platforms.
  7. Raven's Watch - PC (April 6th): This is an isometric roguelike from the developers of Curse of the Dead Gods, featuring a dark fantasy world and challenging gameplay.
  8. Ghostwire: Tokyo - Xbox Series X/S, PS5, PC (April 12th): This game was originally a PS5 exclusive, but is now coming to Xbox Series X/S and PC, along with some new updates and tweaks.
  9. Murderous Muses - PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC (April 12th): This murder mystery game takes place in an art gallery where the player spends the night for mysterious reasons.
  10. Hunt the Knight - PC (April 13th): This top-down retro-style dark fantasy action game promises challenging gameplay and a unique art style.
  11. Beyond the Long Night - PC (April 13th): This retro-style twin-stick roguelike game has been compared to games like "Enter the Gungeon" and "The Binding of Isaac".
  12. Wu Dolls - PC (April 13th): This co-op tower defense game features a unique art style and challenging gameplay.
  13. Total War Warhammer 3: Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs DLC - PC (April 13th): This DLC adds a new playable faction to the popular strategy game.
  14. Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection - Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, PC (April 14th): This collection includes 10 games from the tactical RPG series, offering plenty of content for fans of the franchise.
  15. Suffer the Night - PC (April 17th): This first-person atmospheric survival horror game promises classic slasher movie trappings and a chilling experience.

[Sigma]

Looks like another backlog month for me. In the final stretch with DMC5:SE but I will not Platinum it for now. Then time to power through Horizon FW and at least beat it in time for Burning Shores. Still waiting for that 60fps patch for River City Girls 2 so I can go for my 100th Platinum.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
nothing for me suprisingly, but meet your maker seems interesting, will try since its on ps plus

MikeM

Looks like another backlog month for me. In the final stretch with DMC5:SE but I will not Platinum it for now. Then time to power through Horizon FW and at least beat it in time for Burning Shores. Still waiting for that 60fps patch for River City Girls 2 so I can go for my 100th Platinum.
100th- wild. Congrats ahead of time. Here I am thinking about which game to go to 20 with.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking for something to play this April on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One or Nintendo Switch? We’ve got you covered with this new 2023 video games with April 2023 release dates.
Subscribe for more: https://www.youtube.com/gameranxTV?su...

0:00 Intro
0:11 Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
1:39 Ghostwire: Tokyo
2:39 Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
3:42 Meet Your Maker
4:45 Bramble: The Mountain King
5:35 Road 96: Mile 0
6:39 Minecraft Legends
7:49 Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores
8:47 Dead Island 2
9:41 Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
10:41 BONUS

#10 Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened

Platform: PC Switch PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date: April 11, 2023

#9 Ghostwire: Tokyo

Platform: XSX|S

Release Date: April 12, 2023

#8 Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection

Platform: - PC Switch PS4

Release Date: April 14, 2023

#7 Meet Your Maker

Platform: - PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date: April 4, 2023

#6 Bramble: The Mountain King

Platform: PC PS5 XSX|S Switch

Release Date: April 27, 2023

#5 Road 96: Mile 0

Platform: PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Switch

Release Date: April 4, 2023

#4 Minecraft Legends

Platform: PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S Switch

Release Date: April 18, 2023

#3 Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

Platform: PS5

Release Date: April 19, 2023

#2 Dead Island 2

Platform: PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date: April 21, 2023

#1 Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Platform: PC PS5 XSX|S

Release Date: April 28, 2023

BONUS

Star Trek: Resurgence

Platform: PC PS4 PS5 Xbox One XSX|S

Release Date: April 2023, 2023

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

Platform: Switch

Release Date: April 21, 2023

Roots of Pacha

Platform: PC

Release Date: April 25, 2023

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tears of the Kingdom finally received some extensive gameplay, and development has wrapped, which means it's on track to launch in May. That's roughly six weeks away, but the good news is that plenty of big games are launching in April to help pass the time.

These include highly anticipated sequels, with at least one in development for nearly a decade, a new Bithell Games visual novel-style adventure, golf and various shades of cosmic horror. Let's look at all 15 here

0:32 Everspace 2
1:30 EA Sports: PGA Tour
2:21 Minecraft Legends
3:13 Dead Island 2
4:06 Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
4:54 Road 96: Mile 0
5:43 Sherlock Holmes The Awakened
6:33 Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores
7:18 Stray Blade
8:00 Bramble: The Mountain King
8:32 Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
9:40 The Last Case of Benedict Fox
10:33 Tron: Identity
11:12 Ghostwire: Tokyo (Xbox Series X/S)
12:01 Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Woopah

Just Advance Wars and Jedi Survivor for me, but I've got too much f a backlog to pick them up this month.

Top Bottom