• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

76QcMuI.png

OT1 | OT2 | OT3 | OT4 | OT5 | OT6 | OT7 | OT8 | OT9 | OTX | OT11 | OT12 | OT13 | OT14

Welcome to the Black Culture Thread, where everything from Little Caesars to 'what's hot on the streets' is up for debate. This community is focused on the discussion and experience of daily life for minorities. GAF is a rather large forum, and these unique experiences can get lost in the noise. But while this thread was created to ensure certain topics relevant to the black community could be discussed reasonably, this isn't a "Blacks Only" spot by any means. Any and all are free to hop in, regardless of skin color, ethnicity and walk of life. Consider it open mic: all are welcome to keep it real. It's a community thread, so it can be intimidating for newcomers to jump in considering all the in-jokes and general cadence of the thread. If you are unfamiliar with anything, just ask. We are always looking for more decent folks to bring into the family.

Enjoy your stay. Don't track dirt all over the good carpet.

Demi is making this again for reasons. Welcome to the new faces and welcome back to all the alumni.

BUigGaL.png

EwcjCNS.png

It's good to see as much as thing- wait. What?
B_216S_UsAAwNRW.jpg

sPIH9uW.png

First time here? Long time lurker, first time poster?
Tell us who you are by filling out this quick questionnaire:
Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -

This time I'm adding an addendum:
Marvel or DC? -
Favorite superhero? -
Anime or Nah? -
Favorite sport and team? -
Secret addendum question: What's your favorite Disney movie? -

The acclaimed (sorta?) occasional podcast featuring Moris, Slayven, Angelus, and Dream.

| LATEST EPISODE |

Episode #32: "North Koreans With Attitude"
Labor from Q-Games came through to talk with Moris about Q's upcoming game Tomorrow Children for The PS4. Angelus, Moris & Dreams talk Lemonade, Views, Cinco De Mayo & more.
Click to stream | Right-click to download

The keeper of the BCT canon has compiled a dramatis personae for new users:

For your reference:

Slayven = Man born in 1776 who only likes Asian women and comics
Prototype Viktor/spindashing/double jump/Blasian Persuasion/BlackGhost/dskillzhtown = Selling mixtapes on the corner
Gordon = Alien from an ancient TV show. Eats kittens and stole Slayven's king crab crown while we weren't looking.
Shy = The nice guy TM.
Imm0rt4l = Swole
_***** = Died for our sins
Merc_ = _***** returns
DY = Doesn't pay child support.
Young Magus = DY Junior.
Furyous = DY's alt
EloquentM/FeenixRising/jmood88/LionPride/EdibleKnife/Black Republican/ArgyleReptile = Wild crabs. No home training and still out here wearing hoodies.
harSon = Drake
Jandro = Horse/Brony
EscoBlades = Works in a broom closet
JC = Keep him away from your mommas.
Moris = Permanent CPT
Numb = Quit GAF. We miss him.
Ironfist Sect = New guy, thinks he's Numb.
Bronx-Man = Silent L carrier. Has beef with TheKaeptain
TheBlackMarvel = Head of Black Euro GAF
MWS Natural = Writes laws
TheFlow/Kid Kamikaze10/Jacir/Kraftwerk/Face it Tiger../Kiddizzy/UnemployedVillain/Mizerman = Lil Crabs. Found books, a suit, and got a Lil home training
FyreWulff = Your white friend. Got to have him around.
Royalan = Got that good salad hair.
FreeMufasa = acclaimed author of the Niggas in Japan series
ManMadeMan/Parallax/ReiGun = Comic encyclopedias
Crocodile/zeemumu/Secret Fawful/Momotaro/Jackben = Anime encyclopedias
Sou Da = Cartoon encyclopedia
Village/Professor Beef = Sonic encyclopedias
HTown = Mark Henry/Nintendo Encyclopedia. Discovered a connection in racism and quantum locks.
Africanus/Nakazato/Yaphett Kotto/FadedRevolution/Gattsu25/bobbychalkers/MikeBreezy92/shingi70/ApharmdX = Smarty Art Crabs. Think they're leaving the bucket by picking up books, getting married and bettering themselves.
Devo/Satch = Alumni
Angelus = totes mixed with /s
Ishi = A Bear and former BCT Alumni
Rio = expert at getting drunk and strippers
Massive Duck, C.M. = Put in a lot of labor for black issues
Trey = Lost his thread making abilities to Subzero.
Subzero = Artist. Lost his thread making abilities to Malyse/DreamDrop
Malyse = The current Highlander
Kreed = Too much free time
captmcblack/Mrs. Manky/andthebeatgoeson/The Faceless Master/Big Baybee/soundscream = Sits on the corner and kicks knowledge.
akira28 = The guy that kicks knowledge but doesn't look like they should be kicking knowledge
The Adder = Has a lot of stories
Emperor_EL = Apparently rules over Ls. Not sure how I missed this one.
Vince McMahon = Owns the WWE
neojubei/Aiustis = I by Kendrick Lamar
Enzom21/Infinite/excelsiorlef = On the front lines
JeanGrey = Lives with an alien
jWILL253/Dai101/cdyhybrid/Dereck/RedSwirl/Crimson_Gold/hypernima/Bubba T/Afrocious/Kyledk05 = Black Belt Crabs. Have accepted the rules of the bucket.
Storm Chamber = Silky Johnson
MHWilliams/bish = Your local hood police.
XiaNaphryz = Chef that works part time in the hood police
Dreams-Visions = Mr. Steal your girl
Johndoey = Coming for Slay's king crab crown

XkYX5Q1.png

khj23kQ.png

I want to be black.

Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

Also, I'm just not going to address the topic. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I wouldn't say we are universally reviled; it just seems that way sometimes.

Natural's Law

Natural's Law - is a humorous observation made by GAF poster MWS Natural in 2011 which is becoming an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1. In other words, Natural put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion regarding any form of conflict someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to discrimination faced by blacks.

Racism is Quantum-Locked

Racism is weird. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation, racism is never involved. You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else.

Don%27t_blink.jpg

Racism is quantum locked. It doesn't exist when it's being observed. The moment it is seen by any living creature, it freezes into a coincidence.

The Liberal Limit

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about another thing that has been pissing me the fuck off recently. Lately, in the pages of liberal bastions like Atlantic, Slate, and New Republic, there has been this movement gaining steam largely because nobody wants to give it a name. So let me name this mofo: The Liberal Limit. You know it— in fact it’s been the view of many liberals and leftists, but particularly old white liberal men (yeah I said it), that progressiveness has gone too far, so far that even their privilege now feels attacked.

They’re tired of learning new gender pronouns. Tired of hiding that nigger joke book. Tired of having to figure out how to respond to a Rihanna video. Tired of feminists of colour pointing out fissures in whatever wave of feminism we got right now. Tired of black kids on campus whining all the time. Tired of everybody being so angry because without their alliance all you coloured folk would be doomed. Liberal but up to the point where it scrapes on privilege.

But here’s the news. You’re a progressive. You’re supposed to progress. You’re supposed to be more liberal today than you were yesterday. Yes, we’re supposed to passionately debate (not tear down) even the stance of our allies, even those who agree with us 60% of the time. You’re supposed to keep changing your views on race because even the most positive view is inherently flawed and needs work. The whole point to being liberal, to being progressive is to continuously evolve, continuously question, continuously debate, even continuously knock down and build up, sometimes even ripping everything apart to start again. My views on trans people are different in 2014 that they were in 2004. And you can bet your ass it will be even better in 2024 than it is now, because that's what makes me not conservative. The point to being a progressive is to fucking progress.

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"

After being beaten to the ground by Towering Black Football Player Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman reluctantly pulls the trigger in self-defense. Martin falls back and lets loose a mighty African laugh. "So it begins!" he cries (translated from thug language).

The transponder on his wrist contacts the White House, where Operation Caliphate sits waiting.

"Your majesty," cries an aide (likely homosexual), "Agent Martin, codenamed Fire of Allah, has completed his mission!"

Imam Hussein Obama clasps his hands and smirks, a "jazz cigarette" in his mouth. "And now the honkies will pay."
685f28394e2afe6e2a0aab9fd5ad06b7.jpg

tumblr_nz22ei8RZP1s9rx9zo1_400.jpg

fQ6lNST.png

AzLpgh0.jpg

i dont know any music genre that does this. never Alice in Chains. never Solange Knowles. its always someone with rap music. playing it all loud because they think the whole block wanted to hear it. Class or work early in the morning? sucks for you. newborn baby? too bad. heres more rap music!
I am trying to get paid in Asian women. Shit I would sign up to be a slave again if I could make some red kool-aid using Kristen Kruek's grey water
You guys don't know what it feels like to have your heart betrayed like this. I just got cuckolded by a damn video game conpany. It's like if they announced Crash or Laura Croft for Smash. There's just some lines you don't cross.
----
So BCT what's your guilty pleasure as far as books, Movies, TV etc goes. Mine are Victorian era novels and TV which my girlfriend teases me about when ever I mention going to aee love and friendship.
I read and write fanfics, and I'm involved in tumblr shipping fandoms.
...me too.

Just not Tumblr anymore.
I own a Vita.
I was reading a lot of (sometimes erotic) Hope/Lightning fanfiction for a period of time.
All the Cena fanfics.
Kingdom Hearts horror fanfiction for a hot second.
All that YA stuff that people are sick of? I love 'em
-----
My mom trying to see DMX, im trying my hardest to talk her out of this fuckery.

Talkin about "I wanna hear him bark...." NO MOM!
My mom is still on this DMX thing man, no we not going damn!!
"Well, that plan was for me to go meet you in Norfolk so we can go eat then see the show, but no... you act like you hate me!!!"

-_-
"Mom, Janet Jackson is going to be here on the 10th, we can go see that."

"I don't care about no Janet!!! She old!!!"

"YOURE TRYING TO SEE A 45 YEAR OLD MAN BARK FOR TWO HOURS!!!!!"

"So?"

Ugh....
Moms ain't trying to watch Janet Jackson slinky tail waggle all over the stage. She wants to see a real man, who lives as a dog, barking and growling and rough riding.
If I have kids I hope they never hide DMX from me.

----

Yo I started wiping my ass with baby wipes...yo...shit is heavenly

Ishi come get your cub.

Ishibear, come get this cub.

Not mine. The woods don't teach this kinda stuff.

----

So not going to prom this year was somewhat a tiny regret. At least I have one more year to go
I ended up spending the night on the phone with this girl who got is great and likes me, so not all was lost
Nigga probably curled his hair too
My dude lion skipped his prom to talk to a girl on the phone. That's an L. It's been awhile since I was in school but don't admit to that. Say you got sick, needed surgery or something. Bad case of Ebola.
Y'all was like "kiss me through the phone"
"you hang up first...no you....no you...no you!"
Both of yall wrong.

But......Did you sing Marvin's Room over the phone breh?
Lion on the phone like "No you hang up first.."

While Deshawn on the couch getting ready to blow her nexk out

Much_much_later.jpg

Remember how all yall ain't shit niggas shat on a young brotha for talking to a girl all night? Eat a dick cuz that shit went somewhere.
y'all went from a phone to skype?
To Macy's?
dame2.png
She let you hold her kerchief for a while?
You played this song for her

https://youtu.be/o5WzGlkeafo
Eat cotton candy flavored dicks. She actually my first girlfriend. I'm definitely dating out of my league, pretty happy bout that
First base?

Edit-

You ate cotton candy flavored dicks? I'm getting too old for this shit..
Update us after upgrading from skype to holding hands

horse-plays-with-ball-and-falls-lol-gif.gif

g4EZxln.png

You fools let DreamDrop make the thread? Again?! Come on, guys.

Furyous

Marvel or DC? - Wildstorm
Favorite superhero? - Miles Morales
Anime or Nah? - Anime on a good day
Favorite sport and team? -

NFL: Arizona Cardinals and Cleveland Browns
NBA: Lakers since Kobe and Cleveland Cavs since birth
MLB: Cleveland Baseball team
Futbol: Black players... all of them
College Football: OSU

NFL: Da Bears & Dan Marino's Dolphins
NBA: this ain't a sport, where's handball
MLB: Hatred aka Yankee's
Futbol: Yid Army
no idea what that is
College Football: FSU

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Don't think i ever officially filled out my resume...

Where you're from - NC
Where you live - SC
What is your age? - 29
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - slaves?
Do you know your roots - more slaves?
Favorite musical genre - all forms of hip hop foreign and domestic
Your profession/major/career interest - i fix airplanes
Your religious affiliation - i pray to kratos every June for a new god of war
Hobbies - low key but not low key sony fan boy, art, making cool shit even cooler
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? neither, Cook-out.
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Wade Wilson
Anime or Nah? - Ya
Favorite sport and team? - Lakers ball is life

Hi

Marvel or DC? - DC(The MCU has me on the verge of switching this)
Favorite superhero? - Batman
Anime or Nah? - Anime(Need to find something new, tho)
Favorite sport and team? - Not really into sports tbh

Trey

this title is a damn travesty. I should've never let you niggas take over the threadmaking duties.

Mortemis

Banned
What's good, wanna start posting here again. Might as well do one of these, since I haven't posted here since the days *****_ wasn't a banned word.

Where you're from - Born and raised in Seattle area
Where you live - Seattle
What is your age? - 21
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - fam is from Somalia
Do you know your roots - Mos definitely
Favorite musical genre - R&B, rap
Your profession/major/career interest - major in CS
Your religious affiliation - raised in an Islamic house, not really all that religious though since there's things I disagree with
Hobbies - watching and keeping up with sports, running and occasionally hiking, ball, gaming, etc
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - the fuck is kfc doing in here. Popeyes for sure

23qwerty

Ok.

Reposting for that new thread goodness:

Guess I'll repost my opinion on DC2 as well

Dark Cloud 2 is one of my favourite games of all time for what it's worth. Combat hasn't aged super great, but it's still pretty good. Tons and tons to do in that game. Played it in an emulator for the first time in years and years a little while ago. Holy does it look good at 1080p, the art style definitely aged super well.

Edit: point me to the thread where cuckold nigga bit the dust.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=205252304#post205252304

dumb dumb

I'll answer the new one
Marvel or DC? - MAHVEL BAYBEE!
Favorite superhero? - Black Panther. I've been inching through the Priest run for since January.
Anime or Nah? - I own the shit on blu-ray. I operate on another level.
Favorite sport and team? - I haven't really followed a sport in years. I do have an interest in OKC losing just so the curse is validated.

Mortemis

Banned
Marvel or DC? - Marvel for sure.
Favorite superhero? - Black Panther, with Spider-Man not far behind.
Anime or Nah? - Sorry to disappoint, but anime. I'll occasionally catch a show or two each season.
Favorite sport and team? - basketball. Fav basketball team? I don't have one. Who needs one? I sure don't. It's actually nicer not to have one. Trust me guys.

:(

What's good, wanna start posting here again. Might as well do one of these, since I haven't posted here since the days *****_ wasn't a banned word.

Where you're from - Born and raised in Seattle area
Where you live - Seattle
What is your age? - 21
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - fam is from Somalia
Do you know your roots - Mos definitely
Favorite musical genre - R&B, rap
Your profession/major/career interest - major in CS
Your religious affiliation - raised in an Islamic house, not really all that religious though since there's things I disagree with
Hobbies - watching and keeping up with sports, running and occasionally hiking, ball, gaming, etc
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - the fuck is kfc doing in here. Popeyes for sure

Welcome back.

Pour one out for the homie *****_, the shadowrealm got a good one :(

Might as well reintroduce myself since its been a few OTs since I did this

Where you're from - Suffolk, VA
Where you live - Norfolk, VA
What is your age? - 28 (might as well say 29 since my b-day is hit his month)
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mom's Haitian, Dad is Japanese/Filipino
Do you know your roots - I only seen the mini series.
Favorite musical genre - R&B, Hip Hop (and whatever old musical act my mom drags me to)
Your profession/major/career interest - Former Navy, working retail while studying electronics engineering.
Your religious affiliation - Imperfect Christian (He still ain't through with me)
Hobbies - tumblr
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes all day.

Marvel or DC? - Mahvel
Favorite superhero? - Currently on the BP Stan wagon
Anime or Nah? - Waifus?! Where??
Favorite sport and team? - NBA - Miami Heat (then it's whatever team LeBron is on during the playoffs should we not make it) NFL - Philadelphia Eagles (kill me)

Marvel or DC? - DC(The MCU has me on the verge of switching this)
Favorite superhero? - Batman
Anime or Nah? - Anime but only the great stuff FLCL, Paranoia Agent,
K-On j/k

"Lil Crabs. Found books, a suit, and got a Lil home training"

lil crab huh..

if I get the chance to bang your wife, malyse.. I will take it.

only kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom