• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

do they even make anything remotely similar to this anymore, I cant get with no damn moe shit
golgo13-duke.jpg

Duke Togo is that dude

I'm finding that as I get older, stuff bothers me more.

Yesterday, I'm talking to one of my kid's therapists, about how to plan out getting him in Kindergarten next year. They don't really have one, and the school system in my neighborhood doesn't provide any type of special programs for children with Autism. I drive home, and have to actually pull over, and fucking heave cry, because I just see my kid being put into the public education system, and dying on the vine. I have no idea what to do, yo.

That suffocating feeling of helplessness, man. Where you just need to know where to throw a punch, the right direction to deliver a blow, but you're blindfolded, and just getting socked from all around.

I see pictures from happy parents sending their kids off to school for the first time, and I deal with the fact that I'm going to be terrified when my kid gets on that bus next year. That I have no idea whether or not he's going to be able to stay focused. Whether or not he's going to be able to make friends. Whether or not he's going to come home crying because kids were mean to him. Whether or not he's going to come to me asking what is Autistic, and why do people say that is what he is.

And then he's black, on top of it?

I don't know. This stuff wouldn't bother me nearly as much when I was younger.

Fuck man...

Zekes!

Should I go down to Washington with my moms for a day trip tomorrow?

I oughta see if there's a Popeyes close to the border...

RedSwirl

Saw the Charlotte video. I didn't expect that "He bet not be dead!"

God damn.

To be serious though, I don't think I agree.

For starters, there are quite enough black people who are in the military or have been in the military. Didn't DY used to talk about ex military people getting together in all sorts of militias out in the woods? Secondly, plenty of black people from the sharecropper era are still walking the Earth today. Ask my parents' generation. They may have come up now but they grew up without running water and central heating, rigged up their own electricity, fish pretty often today, and could probably grow and hunt shit if pressed to it. If some apocalypse shit ever happens, I'm hanging out with either my parents, aunts, or some other old-ass rural black folks.

D i Z

Saw the Charlotte video. I didn't expect that "He bet not be dead!"

God damn.

To be serious though, I don't think I agree.

For starters, there are quite enough black people who are in the military or have been in the military. Didn't DY used to talk about ex military people getting together in all sorts of militias out in the woods? Secondly, plenty of black people from the sharecropper era are still walking the Earth today. Ask my parents' generation. They may have come up now but they grew up without running water and central heating, rigged up their own electricity, fish pretty often today, and could probably grow and hunt shit if pressed to it. If some apocalypse shit ever happens, I'm hanging out with either my parents, aunts, or some other old-ass rural black folks.

There aren't enough of folks with know how to pass around. Besides he's not saying that those people don't exist, just that those people ain't us. And that's a problem when people want to be loose with words and incitement like "revolution" but lack the convictions to fight and bear the struggle themselves.

RedSwirl

There aren't enough of folks with know how to pass around. Besides he's not saying that those people don't exist, just that those people ain't us. And that's a problem when people want to be loose with words and incitement like "revolution" but lack the convictions to fight and bear the struggle themselves.

That reminds me of how some people said the biggest issue with the civil rights thing is that it sort of skipped a generation. I feel like the people Killer Mike is yelling at are the people who were the children of the people doing the 1960's and 70's stuff who are also the parents of the current BLM people.

Bronx-Man

Banned
That reminds me of how some people said the biggest issue with the civil rights thing is that it sort of skipped a generation. I feel like the people Killer Mike is yelling at are the people who were the children of the people doing the 1960's and 70's stuff who are also the parents of the current BLM people.
So, GenX'ers?

Eureka7 is pretty good, gets a bit weird to the end. (Mecha-based anime though)

Tsubasa is a soccer anime ... think Shaolin Soccer in anime form. (Hell, pretty sure that Shaolin Soccer was influenced by Tsubasa!)

No clue about Freezing.

What anime does appeal to you, though?
The five I watch are: Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Champloo, and Ghost in the Shell.

Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with E7. Starts off slow in the first half, gets awesome in the second half and never stops.

Eureka 7 is great and has some of the best music in the medium.

Freezing sucks and is another see everyone's boobs show. No one wants to watch that crap.

Dunno Tsubasa. Sounds more like Tsu-basura amirite.

---------------------------------------------

Watching Zootopia. It's wonderful.

I was really high after I watched that and was really hype to talk about it with someone, but after just getting off of work and being really tired, I think I'll just wait until tomorrow.

I forgot there's Mobile Gundam Suit on there too, but I remember not liking back in the day. I'll try an episode or two of Eureka 7 and then delete Freezing.

I'm finding that as I get older, stuff bothers me more.

Yesterday, I'm talking to one of my kid's therapists, about how to plan out getting him in Kindergarten next year. They don't really have one, and the school system in my neighborhood doesn't provide any type of special programs for children with Autism. I drive home, and have to actually pull over, and fucking heave cry, because I just see my kid being put into the public education system, and dying on the vine. I have no idea what to do, yo.

That suffocating feeling of helplessness, man. Where you just need to know where to throw a punch, the right direction to deliver a blow, but you're blindfolded, and just getting socked from all around.

I see pictures from happy parents sending their kids off to school for the first time, and I deal with the fact that I'm going to be terrified when my kid gets on that bus next year. That I have no idea whether or not he's going to be able to stay focused. Whether or not he's going to be able to make friends. Whether or not he's going to come home crying because kids were mean to him. Whether or not he's going to come to me asking what is Autistic, and why do people say that is what he is.

And then he's black, on top of it?

I don't know. This stuff wouldn't bother me nearly as much when I was younger.

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Understand your frustration, brother. I'll guess you live in Florida, since that's how fucked shit is here for special needs children..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom