• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Marvel or DC? - DC(The MCU has me on the verge of switching this)
Favorite superhero? - Batman

Anime or Nah? - Anime(Need to find something new, tho)
Favorite sport and team? - Not really into sports tbh

Marvel or DC? - DC(The MCU has me on the verge of switching this)
Favorite superhero? - Batman

Anime or Nah? - Anime but only the great stuff FLCL, Paranoia Agent,
K-On j/k

Are you my long lost brother?

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - the fuck is kfc doing in here. Popeyes for sure

4n0YX.gif

23qwerty

I mean I've never even SEEN a popeye- hold up why did I just get a FULL PAGE mcdonalds ad in the middle of typing, evillore wut

anyway i've never even SEEN a popeye's, churches, or bojangles

in canada all we get is kfc, at least outside of the big cities..

Zekes!

Been a lurker, thought I'd drop a post since it's a new thread

Where you're from - Nova Scotia
Where you live - British Columbia
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black Canadian, English / Welsh
Do you know your roots - Being from Nova Scotia I could guess freed slaves
Favorite musical genre - probably hip-hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Child & Youth Care
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic
Hobbies - ask me this again when I'm not a student
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Grew up eating KFC (ain't got the others where I live) but I just had Popeyes in Washington the other week and that shit all over KFC

Marvel or DC? - Marvel, easy
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man
Anime or Nah? - I'll always have a spot for it in my heart
Favorite sport and team? - Basketball and MJ-era Chicago Bulls (him, Pippen and Rodman was my idols when I was a kid).

Mizerman

What's good, wanna start posting here again. Might as well do one of these, since I haven't posted here since the days *****_ wasn't a banned word.

Where you're from - Born and raised in Seattle area
Where you live - Seattle
What is your age? - 21
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - fam is from Somalia
Do you know your roots - Mos definitely
Favorite musical genre - R&B, rap
Your profession/major/career interest - major in CS
Your religious affiliation - raised in an Islamic house, not really all that religious though since there's things I disagree with
Hobbies - watching and keeping up with sports, running and occasionally hiking, ball, gaming, etc
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - the fuck is kfc doing in here. Popeyes for sure

Welcome bruh.

Mizerman

Tekken 7...Tekken 7...Tekken 7.

I might even get that Dissidia Final Fantasy game...whenever that comes out as well.

Lucini

Banned

Point being? I lurk..that's what I do. It was a stupid post. Apparently he does that a lot. Cool, good to know.

In other news: how quick did people latch onto Hiddleston as Bond? That shit kinda got me too. People are so attached to Bond as a white male that even the white female Bond stuff got 86'd fast. Oh well, I'll just start Luther finally.

Kreed

I seen it, nvm. Like.... why would you do that? Of all people on the forum to beef with....

RIP *****-***

Bronx throwing everything away like Troy Ave. One last moment of silence for the silent L carrier.

I just finished serving a ban for some racist comments in a thread discussing reparation for african americans.

I can see how my comments were prejudicial, but please know that I did not intend that. Honestly, I assumed that the users in that thread (slayven I think was his name) were just using the "race card." This is despite having tremendous affinity for African Americans and their cause.

I did my research after getting banned. It wasnt hard. On the front page of the Chicago Tribune: in a particular precinct in chicago: 99% of african americans under arrest never even received proper legal representation (a lawyer).

There is definitely institutional racism in this country, but I never knew it was THAT bad. That's just one example though.

Racism, institutional racism, LEO targeting innocent people, murdering innocent children, etc... WOW.

Why isn't anything being done about this? How can people be so ignorant in this day and age?

Anyways, I wanted to offer my sincere apologies for offending anyone. I misspoke out of ignorance, but my intentions were not malicious. I've corrected that by learning more and being less ignorant. I also want to help because racism is repugnant and pointless.

TLDR: sorry for offending you guys, let's be friends.

You probably will want to post this in the OT/in a thread about the subject. Not everyone in this thread participated in the thread you were banned in and not everyone you offended posts in this thread.

RedSwirl

BCT fam,

is Rogue Galaxy/Dark Cloud 2 worth getting them for $15 a pop if I resign up plus?

Rogue Galaxy was by-the-numbers as fuck, despite the fact it's space instead of fantasy. It's a real-time ARPG that people compared to FFXII back then, but that's about it.

Gattsu25

Banned
There's a new question in the questionnaire?

Marcel or DC? Put me down for Marvel, no question
Favorite superhero? I dunno, does Gatts count?
Anime or nah? If it's newer than 2000 then i lean toward Nah

andthebeatgoeson

Marvel vs DC? I don't read comic books. I just watch the movies.😎

Bronx man about to get charged with manslaughter. Hate it had to be him.

Bronx man fatally beats would-be rapist who attacked his wife

Bronx man charged with manslaughter after beating wife's would-be rapist to death with tire iron

After trying to sexually assault a woman in her Bronx home, the would-be rapist was beaten to death by the victim’s enraged husband, who bashed him in the head with a tire iron, sources said.

The whack-a-mole mayhem left Nash with a fractured skull, his blood splattered Monday night in the elevator and a hallway, sources said.

Mamadou Diallo, 61, was initially charged Tuesday with manslaughter, despite his claims of self-defense in the attack in the Claremont Village apartment building. The charges were later reduced to assault, although prosecutors said they could be upgraded as the investigation continues.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-rapist-attacked-wife-death-article-1.2655389

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Marvel or DC? - Marvel. Just too good right now between the movies, Netflix, and Unlimited. DC needs to step up.

Favorite superhero? - All time favorite is Spider-Man.

Anime or Nah? - Sure, with some reservations.

Favorite sport and team? - Football, but I'd be lying if I said I followed anything more than casually.

Numb

Marvel or DC? -DC mostly cos used to animated series more

Favorite superhero? - Qinyu

Anime or Nah? - Not if I can help it

Favorite sport and team? - Only ever cared about soccer. Man U for clubs and Netherlands for countries

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I just finished serving a ban for some racist comments in a thread discussing reparation for african americans.

I can see how my comments were prejudicial, but please know that I did not intend that. Honestly, I assumed that the users in that thread (slayven I think was his name) were just using the "race card." This is despite having tremendous affinity for African Americans and their cause.

I did my research after getting banned. It wasnt hard. On the front page of the Chicago Tribune: in a particular precinct in chicago: 99% of african americans under arrest never even received proper legal representation (a lawyer).

There is definitely institutional racism in this country, but I never knew it was THAT bad. That's just one example though.

Racism, institutional racism, LEO targeting innocent people, murdering innocent children, etc... WOW.

Why isn't anything being done about this? How can people be so ignorant in this day and age?

Anyways, I wanted to offer my sincere apologies for offending anyone. I misspoke out of ignorance, but my intentions were not malicious. I've corrected that by learning more and being less ignorant. I also want to help because racism is repugnant and pointless.

TLDR: sorry for offending you guys, let's be friends.

wow, that's pretty cool. Sadly most wont do same. Hope you stick around an contribute to bct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom