• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

OyN4zd0.gif

Infinite

We still get it here, just in fluffier language.

I wonder if those posters ever get tired of saying the same shit

These dudes are saying shit like black people commit more crimes so of course they would get shot by the police and shit like that. I don't I ever seen a sentiment like that on gaf and if I did dude prob got banned and the post was erased or something. thats not to say we dont have problems here but its not in face like it it is nearly every where else on the internet

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watch yourself

Wonder if they'll get a kid to play her or a young looking actress

I think they're gone now. Owning a pitbull is hard. There are times where he looks like he wouldnt hurt a chick but wakes up the house when somebody or something sneaks by the back. At least skunks and hawks don't come buy anymore.

Friendly
attempt to make you feel bad (or like harSon, w/e) by giving you a
reminder that Jasmine is only 15.

I mean we went from
mowgli-the-jungle-book-1967-91.7.jpg

to
jungle_book_remake_details.jpg

Plus we just got a new Star Wars with no new white males leads PLUS

image_f6e45c87.png

so I think we'll be good.
White washing is in a hyperbolic time chamber and just ready to be let out and have Elle Fanning play Mulan

Dai101

Banned
Got to love that when you do something as innocuous as bumping a car with your bike you relinquish your humanity and should be punished as the worst of the worst.

Only while black tho'.

Got to love that when you do something as innocuous as bumping a car with your bike you relinquish your humanity and should be punished as the worst of the worst.

Only while black tho'.

I don't even want to go into that topic because I know someone is gonna shit right out of their mouth about that story. I've seen too many of these 'kid assaulted by cop' stories/topics to not notice how little empathy exists for black children.

Meanwhile, Brock Turner is out of jail avoiding a prison pipeline of any sort.

D i Z

Only while black tho'.

I can't even with that thread. What the fuck is wrong with people? It's been a minute since I was 15 myself, but even back then I was damned sure not getting into a car with strangers, whether they called themselves law enforcement or not. Cops shooting anything that moves and is black all over the damned place, and what is a 15 year old out by themselves supposed to do? Of course she's going to panic.

White privilege is smacking the mayor with a pie, then claiming the mayor overreacted.

Thought you was going to just walk away, hunh?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17614663/bruised-pie-wielder-says-kevin-johnson-overreacted

I don't have one day, in the past 30 years where i thought laying hands on another man won't cause a fight.

That's not how any of this works.

Edit, that's even better.

KJ ain't having any of that. Not sure when people thought they could pull that shit with him, but I bet it won't happen again.

Slayven

White privilege is smacking the mayor with a pie, then claiming the mayor overreacted.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17614663/bruised-pie-wielder-says-kevin-johnson-overreacted

I don't have one day, in the past 30 years where i thought laying hands on another man won't cause a fight.

Mother fucker thought he could pull some bullshit and be hehehehing later at home. Nah brah

Numb

But i don't understand WHY he would beat my ass

Dude's lucky it was in public

Watch footfall streaming through Twitter feels like the fucking future.
i mean, like maybe we can catch a lesser charge, yah?
-----

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is an interesting, but altogether forgettable movie.

Sheila Vand doe.

Conviction, 3 year jail time, out in 8 months for good behaviour/overcrowding

Probably. Oklahoma has actually been surprising. Daniel Holtzclaw was found so guilty that they put him under the jail, and Robert Bates was found guilty but got four years. Betty Shelby will probably get what Viktor is predicting.

Please note that Holtzclaw is mixed (white/asian) and Bates is an old white man who wasn't even a real cop. The thin blue line has its own rules as to how "blue" a cop is. We'll see just how blue Shelby is.

Also, Shelby's no angel: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/officer-who-shot-terence-crutcher-has-history-of-drug-use-domestic-disturbances_us_57e3f0f8e4b08d73b82fd9ae?

Probably. Oklahoma has actually been surprising. Daniel Holtzclaw was found so guilty that they put him under the jail, and Robert Bates was found guilty but got four years. Betty Shelby will probably get what Viktor is predicting.

Please note that Holtzclaw is mixed (white/asian) and Bates is an old white man who wasn't even a real cop. The thin blue line has its own rules as to how "blue" a cop is. We'll see just how blue Shelby is.

Also, Shelby's no angel: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/officer-who-shot-terence-crutcher-has-history-of-drug-use-domestic-disturbances_us_57e3f0f8e4b08d73b82fd9ae?

They need to do this a lot more and take a sledgehammer to America's blue-tinted glasses. If more of these stories had profiles of the cop's lives and string of misdeeds maybe people would stop treating those in the profession as unquestioned heroes.

D i Z

They need to do this a lot more and take a sledgehammer to America's blue-tinted glasses. If more of these stories had profiles of the cop's lives and string of misdeeds maybe people would stop treating those in the profession as unquestioned heroes.

That ain't gonna happen as long as they are the first line of defense against the threat they were created to deal with in the first place.

cdyhybrid

People don't care. Look at Trump.

Slayven

So there is a new show called Timeless, it is about a bunch of time travelers trying to stop a dude from changing time. The first ep has them convincing a black dude to go back in time to 1940s America?

Would not be me....

RedSwirl

So there is a new show called Timeless, it is about a bunch of time travelers trying to stop a dude from changing time. The first ep has them convincing a black dude to go back in time to 1940s America?

Would not be me....

I always wondered what it would be like for a white dude to travel centuries back in time... in somewhere like South Asia, East Asia, or Sub-Saharan Africa.

Zekes!

Would not be me....

It's surprising how many (white) people never consider that time travel has some heavy white privilege going on

I love getting into that discussion with people who've never given that any thought

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217720898&postcount=42

Who TF is Manhattan Luther King Jr. and why haven't we all been educated on him?

If I was from NYC I might've used Manhattan Luther King Jr. as my rap name

Would not be me....

Paul Mooney put it best, trying to trick a nigga back

LionPride

Banned

Would not be me....

Doesn't he make mention to the fact he's a black guy going back in time?

Also, doesn't Louis CK make reference to the fact we can't time travel, really period because it's so fucked for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom