• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Kidd. You said you were grabbing BF1, correct?

1vSS2GN.png

jmood88

Eh..you'll her that reaction regardless. Don't know that it makes it pointless. Some racist showing his ass with the "nigger" bullshit (may he choke on his dinner) doesn't mean we toss out all reasoning and rationale. I'm not the dude who gonna put daisies in some officers lapel, but I'm pretty ok with someone else showing that gesture..
It's not about reasoning, it's this guy trying to show he's one of the good ones while a bunch of people who live there are angry and tired of being treated like shit. We've seen time and time again that this whole peace, love, and forgiveness stuff works one way; black people constantly go out of their way to show that they aren't a threat and it does nothing to stop the next black person from getting beat up or shot by the police. And I'm not saying that people should just be violent towards the police but the free hugs people need to do a better job of picking their spots. It was cool to do at a Trump or Bernie rally but at a protest following yet another killing, nobody wants to see that shit and his hugs won't stop the police from antagonizing protestors by showing up like they're in 2004 Fallujah.

Numb

Morning!
I see the Roma thread is about what you would expect from the zero racism in Europe posters
And they always saying there are no issues

do they even make anything remotely similar to this anymore, I cant get with no damn moe shit
golgo13-duke.jpg
I was do hoping the anime got renewed after the Mangalore ended it's run of 80 years

What's that, Golgo 13? How is it?
A silent Macguyver assassin who is also James bond but kills way more and fucks even more

Good morning BCT!!!

I haven't posted for a bit cause there is too much BS going around and I really don't want to get banned.

So let's start with some positive stuff.
Shout out to my hero SHY 🤗
Also hi to Old man Mr. Slayen.
Oh can't forget Rashid of the turbulent wind you know who you are. Hi.

Anyway just wanted to pop and spread some love. We all need it and deserve some good stuff.

Stay positive and Safe! 😎
😁
Hi Jean!
Hope everything turns out great.

It's not about reasoning, it's this guy trying to show he's one of the good ones while a bunch of people who live there are angry and tired of being treated like shit. We've seen time and time again that this whole peace, love, and forgiveness stuff works one way; black people constantly go out of their way to show that they aren't a threat and it does nothing to stop the next black person from getting beat up or shot by the police. And I'm not saying that people should just be violent towards the police but the free hugs people need to do a better job of picking their spots. It was cool to do at a Trump or Bernie rally but at a protest following yet another killing, nobody wants to see that shit and his hugs won't stop the police from antagonizing protestors by showing up like they're in 2004 Fallujah.

Trust, j. As a person who just went through a screaming match on the phone with someone yesterday that I COMPLETELY didn't expect and is likely reading this post, I hear you, understand you, am with you and certainly am not trying to tell you to feel differently. My only point, on this, my day of positivity, is that I can actually appreciate that random gesture. As mad as I've been these past days/years, it gave me a heart chuckle and a big smile.

This changes nothing, obviously. Hugs aren't the answer..black bodies are hugging police issued bullets on a daily. I just appreciated the moment of levity during this shitstorm..

Sup, brother! On SFV, but running out for some libations. If you good to run, shout..

Numb

Are you kidding me?
Do you seriously think y'all the only ones reading comics? FFS.
Spoilers: The next thread OP is comic book based.

Everyone please buy this.
You need to stop with the spoilers
Was guessing next thread would be gamed themed again and Mafia 3
When's the next thread anyway?

Already own Shantae

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...h-mike-ditka-says-no-respect-colin-kaepernick

Mike Ditka still ain't shit.

"I think it's a problem ... anybody who disrespects this country and the flag," Ditka, an ESPN analyst, said during a radio interview Friday with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. "If they don't like the country they don't like our flag ... get the hell out."

"I have no respect for Colin Kaepernick -- he probably has no respect for me, that's his choice," he added. "My choice is, I like this country, I respect our flag, and I don't see all the atrocities going on in this country that people say are going on."

There is everything you need to know about the country.

Numb

Trust, j. As a person who just went through a screaming match on the phone with someone yesterday that I COMPLETELY didn't expect and is likely reading this post, I hear you, understand you, am with you and certainly am not trying to tell you to feel differently. My only point, on this, my day of positivity, is that I can actually appreciate that random gesture. As mad as I've been these past days/years, it gave me a heart chuckle and a big smile.

Sup, brother! On SFV, but running out for some libations. If you good to run, shout..
on way
Send em

RedSwirl

Gansgta is very good IMHO. Its slow but thats deliberate because there was suppose to be more than 12 episodes before it got canned and the studio went under, or at least thats how I like to think. I've always wanted to continue the manga but never could because I never could find a good way to read the manga. God I must sound like a huge weeb. I'm just thinking about my anime posts from today and even more back and I just sound like the biggest weeb ever. I know too much about Anime than other subjects, honestly.

BTW: im still gonna be on gaf while I find other ways to get to my university because taking the bus sucks.

In other words, read the manga.

That's the question I come to every time I'm curious about an anime. Watch the anime, or read the manga? There needs to be a guide for that on a series-by-series basis.

D i Z

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...h-mike-ditka-says-no-respect-colin-kaepernick

Mike Ditka still ain't shit.

There is everything you need to know about the country.

Get out of my country!!

You'd think that people would be wary of the "get rich of the suckah money" that has plagued VR by now.
Call me when they have something worth playing on it. And then talk to me again when Sony does something that they have never done... support the side product beyond the launch year.

That being said, it is the only version of VR that I would consider throwing money out of a window for.

Shy

An excellent morning to you, my friends. May your day be a glorious one.
Morning BcT.
Morning Ya'll.
Morning morning.
Good morning BCT!!!

I haven't posted for a bit cause there is too much BS going around and I really don't want to get banned.

So let's start with some positive stuff.
Shout out to my hero SHY 🤗
Also hi to Old man Mr. Slayen.
Oh can't forget Rashid of the turbulent wind you know who you are. Hi.

Anyway just wanted to pop and spread some love. We all need it and deserve some good stuff.

Stay positive and Safe! 😎
Morning sweetie. ❤️
My week has been absolute shit

Hopefully next week is better,
Sorry to hear you've had a shitty week, Village.

Hope next week is better for you.
Shy dun threw a couple of fumigation bombs and cleared the room.
Not enough apparently.
do they even make anything remotely similar to this anymore, I cant get with no damn moe shit
golgo13-duke.jpg
Based Golgo 13. *swoons*
Sorry, this week has got me at wits end. The murders, my mom finding out she got breast cancer, living situation still up in the air... I'm hella pissed.
You don't have to apologise to us fam.

Stay strong, and we're always here for you, if need to lean on us.
LOL.

I know it's not your thing. but you buy that shit too.
Alright..damn it. Shy. Grab it. I'll jump in with y'all..
K.

I'm getting the early enlister version. which will let you play 3 days earlier and comes with a bunch of DLC. (it's digital only though)

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Edit: yeah im just going to OT with this
In other words, read the manga.

That's the question I come to every time I'm curious about an anime. Watch the anime, or read the manga? There needs to be a guide for that on a series-by-series basis.
I wish I could do that. When I try to recommend stuff, I get super nerdy and say both are good, because Trigun manga and anime is two seperate but equally good recommendations, even tho its like comparing sopranos with the wire.
I only watch like five animes. Looking through this used PS3 I bought and this guy downloaded a lot of anime on it. I think it's taking up most of the harddrive. Most anime doesn't appeal to me and I was wondering if I should check out some of the ones on here.

There's Eureka7, Freezing, and Tsubasa out of the ones listed with names.
You should watch the SkullMan, it would be doing yourself a solid.

Sch1sm

If any of you are actually bothering with SFV challenges, the Sakura thing is just in Karin's epilogue in story > character story.

Rest is pretty straight forward, for this set.

Shy

If any of you are actually bothering with SFV challenges, the Sakura thing is just in Karin's epilogue in story > character story.

Rest is pretty straight forward, for this set.
I did all but one so far.

I only bothered because i need FM for Urien.

I only watch like five animes. Looking through this used PS3 I bought and this guy downloaded a lot of anime on it. I think it's taking up most of the harddrive. Most anime doesn't appeal to me and I was wondering if I should check out some of the ones on here.

Eureka7 is pretty good, gets a bit weird to the end. (Mecha-based anime though)

Tsubasa is a soccer anime ... think Shaolin Soccer in anime form. (Hell, pretty sure that Shaolin Soccer was influenced by Tsubasa!)

No clue about Freezing.

What anime does appeal to you, though?

Mizerman

Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with E7. Starts off slow in the first half, gets awesome in the second half and never stops.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Oh my god... I Just found the non-anime film that speaks with me. Im going to make gifs for the next OT.
I think its called An Oversimplification of Beauty.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I'm finding that as I get older, stuff bothers me more.

Yesterday, I'm talking to one of my kid's therapists, about how to plan out getting him in Kindergarten next year. They don't really have one, and the school system in my neighborhood doesn't provide any type of special programs for children with Autism. I drive home, and have to actually pull over, and fucking heave cry, because I just see my kid being put into the public education system, and dying on the vine. I have no idea what to do, yo.

That suffocating feeling of helplessness, man. Where you just need to know where to throw a punch, the right direction to deliver a blow, but you're blindfolded, and just getting socked from all around.

I see pictures from happy parents sending their kids off to school for the first time, and I deal with the fact that I'm going to be terrified when my kid gets on that bus next year. That I have no idea whether or not he's going to be able to stay focused. Whether or not he's going to be able to make friends. Whether or not he's going to come home crying because kids were mean to him. Whether or not he's going to come to me asking what is Autistic, and why do people say that is what he is.

And then he's black, on top of it?

I don't know. This stuff wouldn't bother me nearly as much when I was younger.

Eureka 7 is great and has some of the best music in the medium.

Freezing sucks and is another see everyone's boobs show. No one wants to watch that crap.

Dunno Tsubasa. Sounds more like Tsu-basura amirite.

---------------------------------------------

Watching Zootopia. It's wonderful.

Sch1sm

Resent invite once you've got it sorted..

Sony too anti-Apple for this world according to the Internet. Yikes. No voice chat for me until I pick up an alternative or figure out why they're not recognizing my bluetooth Sony headset, either.

Since April? jfc. Then again, I didn't really play April because of exams, then I was out of the country, then I just didn't play. Yikes, that's a nuisance. Gonna have to pick up a new headset entirely.

D i Z

I fell off my PB&J lunch regime and got fast food instead. My head is now on very friendly terms with my table. Emergency Disco mix has been deployed. Dancing Queen, don't fail me now....

harSon

Banned
Thank God I NEVER take my Tinder dates back to my place, I'd probably come back to my place with this awaiting me in the living room:

8b07f6e8b4640df52a576b0b75e440ec.jpg

Actually, that's not comparable. I'd welcome Sharon Stone awaiting me in my house, but this Tinder chick is legit fucking crazy. I thought she was just eccentric as fuck, but naw - she's legit got issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom