• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
Just wait for Atomic Blonde to show up on VOD. No one needs to see this it theaters.

The three month wait won't kill you and the action scenes are really the only thing of substance here.

Now I could more or less say that about John Wick, but the Wick movies intelligently trim fat so you have a simple plot with good momentum and decent world building.

Atomic Blonde is dull as dishwater outside of the action moments, which admittedly are fantastic. I will say the movie has a slightly more realistic view on how much punishment the human body can take A.K.A people don't die immediately after getting shot in the stomach or stabbed.

D i Z

Just wait for Atomic Blonde to show up on VOD. No one needs to see this it theaters.

I heard that the leads ate it up, but the exposition dumps were out of place. Nothing special, just like the comic. Maybe if they did the comic it might have worked. Good looking out on the get back.

Johndoey

Banned
Straight up McAvoy is easily the best part of the movie aside from the action and it's because he was basically playing his character from Filth.

D i Z

Straight up McAvoy is easily the best part of the movie aside from the action and it's because he was basically playing his character from Filth.

Someone said he went all young Gary Oldman. I'd watch it later for that. McAvoy is running out of chips to play so he needs to get back to adaption, not adoption.

Oh Diz, how was the rest of that train robbery movie?

You know, I have it on my mind to watch, but shit has been crazy. Going to knock it out this weekend if I get a little peace and let you know.

The direction of that legacy and how long it lasts will determine that. if he's just the start of a couple of decades of the steady decline that they want, he'll be remembered fondly by them. If he's outdone by a more focused and ruthless successor, he'll be a grand old painting. If we stomp out this madness before it really gets going, all of this will be like that time the neighbors had to fumigate their house and didn't come back for a while.

Getting into politics to sell your mixes.. ABC about to ruin your plot.
ABC started too small, going to go President, Ambassador to Nova Scotia to Governor of Black Minnesota to Comp Troller to Mayor is my trajectory

LotusHD

Banned
I'm watching Jessica Williams' movie and I unintentionally made a gif, that loops perfectly and when seen out of context actually makes a decent commentary about the current state of how African Americans are treated in America.

http://i.imgur.com/uKCegFo.gifv

:(

Why Netflix hardly ever put the black shit front and center. I was just on BGN's website and noticed Jessica James just dropped. It wasn't even listed in the New Releases/Recently Added section. I'm deciding if I should watch this now or in the morning.

It was actually the first thing I saw on Netflix today, front and center.

Kreed

75 on rotten tomatoes. i feel like doey's calibration is reverse.

sryiEY7.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
smh, I'm out here saving y'all money.
--
Saw a trailer for Good Time had a good look to it, but that could've just been a decent trailer. Directed by the Safdie Brothers, starring Robert Pattinson.
--
One last thing if you are sensitive to music being played at high levels for an extended period of time. Atomic Blonde outside of one or two short scenes always has some track playing, it was to the point where by the end of the movie I had a pretty severe headache that's just now really subsiding.

LionPride

Banned
With TV shows, I bet only a handful you'll actually stick with to the end.
Vikings
Insecure
Mr Robot Season 2
BTAS
STAS
The Night Manager
The Night Of
Curb
Silicon Valley
HANNIBAL
Xiaolin Showdown
Orphan Black
House of Lies
Strike Back
Band of Brothers
Justified
Twin Peaks
Man in High Castle
Last Chance U
Jane the Virgin
Crazy Ex Girlfriend
Ballers

And more I can't remember off top

LionPride

Banned
Movies:
I got 28 on HBO Go

On Prime I got:
Sicario
Girl with all the Gifts
Indiana Jones movies
Manchester by the Sea
Room
Ex Machina
Apocalypse Now Redux
Creed(again)
Nerve
Jackie Brown(again)
What We Do in the Shadows
Trumbo
American Beauty
Paterson
Captain Fantastic
Boomerang
Cloverfield
10 Cloverfield Lane
The Lobster
Morris from America

Netflix:
Atlantis
Lion
Jessica James
Okja
Coraline
Best in Show
Nobody Speak
Shining
Gremlins
To Kill a Mockingbird
Schindler's List
Queen of Katwe
Sing Street
Beasts of No Nation
Burn After Reading
Prestige
Place Beyond the Pines
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Road
Moonrise Kingsom
Amelie

Vikings
Insecure
Mr Robot Season 2
BTAS
STAS
The Night Manager
The Night Of
Curb
Silicon Valley
HANNIBAL
Xiaolin Showdown
Orphan Black
House of Lies
Strike Back
Band of Brothers
Justified
Twin Peaks
Man in High Castle
Last Chance U
Jane the Virgin
Crazy Ex Girlfriend
Ballers

And more I can't remember off top

Respect.

Numb

The only backlogs i allow are video game ones. Movies and shows you just watch on the go.

What we do in shadows is some hilarious shit
If you played The Last of us then you've seen The Road.
Watch Queen of Katwe dammit!

andthebeatgoeson

Lion, don't watch cloverfield. I made that mistake after watching 10 cloverfield. It was a mistake. All a mistake. Just watch the John Goodman movie and fill in the blanks with your imagination. It's better this way. You'll be much more excited about the ending of the second movie if you don't shit up your memory with the first film.

Lion, don't watch cloverfield. I made that mistake after watching 10 cloverfield. It was a mistake. All a mistake. Just watch the John Goodman movie and fill in the blanks with your imagination. It's better this way. You'll be much more excited about the ending of the second movie if you don't shit up your memory with the first film.

The first movie wasn't great, but it was koo enough for a night with nothing to watch. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom