• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Lion, don't watch cloverfield. I made that mistake after watching 10 cloverfield. It was a mistake. All a mistake. Just watch the John Goodman movie and fill in the blanks with your imagination. It's better this way. You'll be much more excited about the ending of the second movie if you don't shit up your memory with the first film.
Already seen a quarter if it

Just gotta finish it

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
There are two entirely different and opposite ways in which this is bad.

First is that you're locking fairly basic things behind Amiibo, which is just another take on the awful DLC practices we've seen over the past decade.

The second is that there actually isn't enough integration of Amiibo across Nintendo's games. If you could buy the Metroid Amiibo and be assured that it would also get you something good in other Nintendo games down the road, it would be worth buying anyway.

So Nintendo either needs to make sure any Amiibo unlocks are small bonuses, or they need to make all Amiibo unlocks better across all games. Right now they're doing neither.

Mornin' everyone.
___
sryiEY7.jpg

Perfection.

There are two entirely different and opposite ways in which this is bad.

First is that you're locking fairly basic things behind Amiibo, which is just another take on the awful DLC practices we've seen over the past decade.

The second is that there actually isn't enough integration of Amiibo across Nintendo's games. If you could buy the Metroid Amiibo and be assured that it would also get you something good in other Nintendo games down the road, it would be worth buying anyway.

So Nintendo either needs to make sure any Amiibo unlocks are small bonuses, or they need to make all Amiibo unlocks better across all games. Right now they're doing neither.

Exactly, it's the rock and a hard place of video games.

I'm good man. Posting here in between sets at the gym. Are you going to do any scuba or snorkeling while you're out there?

Keep it up man, I know I'm trying to but my sleeping schedule has been giving me fatigue. As for scuba, yeah I'll be doing some group scubadiving later, but better yet I'll be doing some Sub diving with my father in-law, he's a marine biologist so he has submarines maaaan.

Malyse

Y'all forgetting that this is Metroid. It's prolly the only franchise in games that can do something so BS and get away with it because the fans are so thirsty. People gonna hop all in on them amiibo.

Slayven

Y'all forgetting that this is Metroid. It's prolly the only franchise in games that can do something so BS and get away with it because the fans are so thirsty. People gonna hop all in on them amiibo.

Doesn't make it right or smart. especially since Nintendo likes to only make 5 copies per amibo

finally on ep 12 Iron Fist.

i feel lost, there really isnt a scene or a moment that makes you want to repeat an episode. Nothing is memorable at all. Danny Rand has good taste in hiphop though lol thats it. Coleen is cool though, shame she got stuck with a lame story/tv show.

Will watch Season 2 for Misty and Coleen collab though.

Oh and i hope he cuts that muffin bush off his head, i mean wtf is that style??

Keep it up man, I know I'm trying to but my sleeping schedule has been giving me fatigue. As for scuba, yeah I'll be doing some group scubadiving later, but better yet I'll be doing some Sub diving with my father in-law, he's a marine biologist so he has submarines maaaan.

See, that's what I need to do. Take another vacation and see some beautiful stuff. Have you ever been subdiving before? Take some pics, please.

And get some rest

Nintendo needs to do something on the level of their phone chat setup to surprise me

Nintendo is run by sadists with antiquated ideas of how the world and technology works. They'll have people sacrificing their loved ones for mother 4 soon enough

Numb

finally on ep 12 Iron Fist.

i feel lost, there really isnt a scene or a moment that makes you want to repeat an episode. Nothing is memorable at all. Danny Rand has good taste in hiphop though lol thats it. Coleen is cool though, shame she got stuck with a lame story/tv show.

Will watch Season 2 for Misty and Coleen collab though.

Oh and i hope he cuts that muffin bush off his head, i mean wtf is that style??
He took the hobo cut to the next level
Even as a billionaire
Netscape Navigator will be the official browser of the Switch

See, that's what I need to do. Take another vacation and see some beautiful stuff. Have you ever been subdiving before? Take some pics, please.

And get some rest

Nintendo is run by sadists with antiquated ideas of how the world and technology works. They'll have people sacrificing their loved ones for mother 4 soon enough

I always laugh when i hear people use the 3DS browser
Why

Black people and DBZ
Serious business

You near the Great Barrier reef? If so go there before it all dies.

The fact its already dying defeats the purpose for me when I think about it, every time I go its an unfortunate sight to even look at. My in laws have photos of the reef in its earlier times so good enough for me.

Afternoon.

Y'all ever get one of those days after you've been neglecting your sleep schedule when it's finally just hitting you no matter what you do "Nah fool, crawl your ass in bed and don't crawl out".

D i Z

Afternoon.

Y'all ever get one of those days after you've been neglecting your sleep schedule when it's finally just hitting you no matter what you do "Nah fool, crawl your ass in bed and don't crawl out".

Yup. I get that all the time because my schedule is never fixed and consistent. Glad you finally shut down for a while. That shit is not healthy.

You're not the only one. I also dislike--

Oh wait...you said KOTOR? Whoops

When did you first play KOTOR?

When it came out on XBOX many years ago. At first, I like it and enjoyed the second one, but over time they seemed to be less appealing to me as time goes on. I think it's more of the idea of the game trying to be a proto version of the films when you can see what look like Stormtroopers and Star Destroyers and so on.

D i Z

Gattsu had me worried we would have to rip up his cookout invite for a moment there....

SSmaster, I have no words for you right now.

giphy.gif

You know, abbreviating your name like that is not a good look. I'll go with SSm from now on.

LotusHD

Banned
Is dragonball super any good?

It took a long ass time, but it's pretty enjoyable, actually been looking forward to episodes for quite some time now. It's more inconsistent with power levels, but at the end of the day it's more DBZ if you feeling nostalgic, so yea.

At any rate, it's def. better than GT.

Kreed

I been meaning to watch the anime, cause lead makes the manga boring. They should kill him and make Frog Girl the star

You might like the spin off manga Vigilante. Same universe but the three main characters (college nerd, Japanese idol, middle aged brawler) aren't registered heroes/fight crime illegally. Some of the side characters from the main series show up too.

Johndoey

Banned
Goku was willing to let Frieza, a genocidal galaxy conqueror, go because he fought good. Dude was always a monster.
--
I dropped off My Hero hard for some reason, I like the cast just fine, but I have zero investment in the grander plot. But I also tend tot fall off works with large casts so there is that aspect.

Aiustis

I haven't been keeping up with much of any organization I belong to; I didn't realize the BDPA conference was here or I would have gone.

I was just walking around wondering why there were so many black people that weren't of the hood or homeless variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom