• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Book of Boba Fett |OT| Sarlaac Spit-Up

Mossybrew

I was ready to write this show off after episode 3, but 4 was ok, had its moments. I liked that stupid little droid in the kitchen. Enjoyed Boba getting his ship back. I guess I've dialed my expectations back enough so I can expect dumb stuff each episode, but a few cool moments too.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
The boss meeting at the end of ep4 lol. Motherfuckers are sitting on four legged stools above a Rancor grate

Lunarorbit

The boss meeting at the end of ep4 lol. Motherfuckers are sitting on four legged stools above a Rancor grate
I was thinking the same thing.

This show is cheesy but I don't even care. I agree that Boba probably talks too much but I've enjoyed the fan service.

Fuck that sarlacc. Neutron bombing it's ass was so satisfying. I love the sound it makes when it detonates

MrMephistoX

I'd have to go back and watch it again...I thought he was out of it while they were taking the armor off him? I dunno, maybe he was just all fucked up and didn't remember
Just rewatched it he literally escapes with his armor on then passes out way away from the pit making it unlikely the Sarlac would just eat his armor, Jawas show up, he wakes up as they are taking the armor off him then he gets rifle butted in the head completely stripped: it’s like the writers didn’t even bother watching the first episode lol

jason10mm

Gold Member
Imagine what this show COULD have been if Fett recovers as a sand people slave, earns their trust as a loyal pit fighter only to take revenge and kill them all by luring them into a fight against the train cartel, then hunts down jawas until finds the group that stole his armor, then stumbles across Fennec and forces her to be his second via a Kill switch implanted while she was near death tying her to his vitals while he doggedly murders a chain of people (including a now armor less Timothy Olyphant) till he gets to Mando. He then comes back to tatooine to set up a crime cartel for the express purpose of hunting down Skywalker, Solo, and Chewbacca for making a fool of him in the first place.

BALLER FETT!

Imagine what this show COULD have been if Fett recovers as a sand people slave, earns their trust as a loyal pit fighter only to take revenge and kill them all by luring them into a fight against the train cartel, then hunts down jawas until finds the group that stole his armor, then stumbles across Fennec and forces her to be his second via a Kill switch implanted while she was near death tying her to his vitals while he doggedly murders a chain of people (including a now armor less Timothy Olyphant) till he gets to Mando. He then comes back to tatooine to set up a crime cartel for the express purpose of hunting down Skywalker, Solo, and Chewbacca for making a fool of him in the first place.

BALLER FETT!
Sounds like a 17 year old edgelord's wet dream.

Ulysses 31

You know anyone actually HAPPY with how Book of Fett is going that isn't a child?

I just finished episode 4 and so far it's the best episode imo.

So I completely understand the hate Boba Fett is getting but I legitimately feel bad for Temuera Morrison.

For all the criticism Morrison gets for being old, talking too much (which Morrison even agrees he shouldn't), and so on, I think he's still a great fit for Boba Fett.

But yeah this show needs to seriously get better. Even though episode 4 was the best so far, it's still not saying much.

Star Wars is just so "done by committee," nowadays and really makes me wonder if this so called "Story Group" is even composed of any fans at all or just monkeys that have to get approval by the suits.

I will have to commend Disney.

They do an absolutely wonderful job of fucking up Star Wars characters. Truly a remarkable feat.

Oops I'm sorry, I mean "subverting expectations".

Rumor is The Acolyte will mirror real world is issues. Looking forward to the hidden Sith being a pillow salesman.

Last edited:

Ionian

I haven't bothered since EP2, did nothing for me and after seeing the reactions to EP3 I thought I'd wait. Mando was full of filler but made up for it every-time it started to get boring.

I'll wait for a final consensus rather than waste my time on something that really wasn't asked for anyway. More looking forward to the Ashoka series than Obi-Wan after her episode in Mando.

No doubt more fetch-quests again but at least there's a chance of something a little more brutal if done right.

MrMephistoX

Sounds like a 17 year old edgelord's wet dream.

I will have to commend Disney.

They do an absolutely wonderful job of fucking up Star Wars characters. Truly a remarkable feat.

Oops I'm sorry, I mean "subverting expectations".

Rumor is The Acolyte will mirror real world is issues. Looking forward to the hidden Sith being a pillow salesman.
So basically Mike Lindel if he was a reformed Sith Lord instead of an ex crack addict who found Jesus and Q’Anon?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Disney should release a new Special Edition of ANH where you see the hipster biker gang in the background of the shot where Obi-Wan is mind-tricking the stormtroopers in Tatooine.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I just finished episode 4 and so far it's the best episode imo.

So I completely understand the hate Boba Fett is getting but I legitimately feel bad for Temuera Morrison.

For all the criticism Morrison gets for being old, talking too much (which Morrison even agrees he shouldn't), and so on, I think he's still a great fit for Boba Fett.

But yeah this show needs to seriously get better. Even though episode 4 was the best so far, it's still not saying much.

Star Wars is just so "done by committee," nowadays and really makes me wonder if this so called "Story Group" is even composed of any fans at all or just monkeys that have to get approval by the suits.

Yea. I like it well enough for what it is (fan service, being honest) but its weaknesses are many. It's the first of these new Disney+ shows that I can't rewatch episodes of; episodes 1 - 3 could have been a flashback, episodes feel overlong given how little each one moved the story forward, the effects are bad, the action sequences are pretty forgettable, and then of course there's the silly stuff like the biker mod squad.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Disney should release a new Special Edition of ANH where you see the hipster biker gang in the background of the shot where Obi-Wan is mind-tricking the stormtroopers in Tatooine.
They will don't worry. It is what Luke will be on when he whines about Tosche Station.

RAÏSanÏa

Seriously. I mean this is indefensible.
R5gd7oT.jpg
Boba's gonna get them the ScootyPuff Sr.

In terms of character, on top of all the other things wrong with these rides in context of their surroundings and lack of explanation for their existence, they look completely unmodified. Factory? wtf. Theme needs work!

trikster40

Just watched episode 4 (tells you how much I care for the show when I can’t be bothered to watch it on release day). What a travesty this show is turning out to be. Last couple of episodes better be mind-blowing to make up for the poo-doo the first 4 have been.

I’m sick of Tatooine. Can we please move to another planet in the galaxy?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Disney needs a hand-raise guy to sit in on production meetings who would have seen the storyboards for the Tatooine hipsters and be like "what the fuck is this?"

VN1X

Banned
So glad I've not bothered with this. All I've heard is just bad and negative impressions. Another stinker by Disney!

NickFire

I'm still trying to like it. But medical procedures in a techno club? Um, ok, I guess.

What I can't let go is how utterly stupid BF is portrayed as. Even if he barely remembers escaping the pit, I don't believe for 1 second that he thought he somewhat escaped without it. And hovering over it when the creature is still alive? Why? Just why? Kill the thing and then look for your stuff.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm still trying to like it. But medical procedures in a techno club? Um, ok, I guess.

What I can't let go is how utterly stupid BF is portrayed as. Even if he barely remembers escaping the pit, I don't believe for 1 second that he thought he somewhat escaped without it. And hovering over it when the creature is still alive? Why? Just why? Kill the thing and then look for your stuff.

The writers seem to forget that he's Boba Fett at times. Like when the assassins surrounded him and Shan with those laser shields. I was screaming in my head "Dude, you're wearing a jetpack! It's one of the things fans know you for! Just fucking fly up and then wrist-blaster them or something!".

Ulysses 31

And the dude having the extensive medical and cybernetic knowledge to perform the surgery. 🤡
He's also misremembering several things: he crawled out with his armor that the Jawas then took from him and the sand people didn't rescue him, they enslaved and beat him.

NickFire

The writers seem to forget that he's Boba Fett at times. Like when the assassins surrounded him and Shan with those laser shields. I was screaming in my head "Dude, you're wearing a jetpack! It's one of the things fans know you for! Just fucking fly up and then wrist-blaster them or something!".
I think you're being generous. If I were to estimate the first 4 episodes, I'd say he acted like I would expect Bobba Fett to act less than 20% of the run time. I don't count him repeating his name as acting like BF.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I dunno, the only action that comes to mind from Boba in the OT is getting his jet pack whacked and derping into a big pit. Jango v Obi-wan was cool, but then he was promptly decapitated.

Neither he nor Mando seem especially badass, just sorta scrappy underdogs with cool tech that’s just occasionally helpful.

Ulysses 31

I dunno, the only action that comes to mind from Boba in the OT is getting his jet pack whacked and derping into a big pit. Jango v Obi-wan was cool, but then he was promptly decapitated.
Well, he was also a bit of a clown flying so close to Luke when he was swinging that lightsabre around instead of continuing to use his ranged weapons from a distance.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Neither he nor Mando seem especially badass, just sorta scrappy underdogs with cool tech that’s just occasionally helpful.

Sure but both he and his father were known for jetpacking around.

Mando / Din Djarin is seriously the guy you don't want to fuck with in the Star Wars universe now. The dude is a gunslinger, sharpshooter, will blow other bounty hunters out of the stars in his ship, fly into giant desert dragons, went toe to toe with a Jedi who was trained by Darth Vader himself, etc, and can knuckle up bare fists or with melee weapons if needs be. He's kind of the new all around Star Wars bad ass after Luke or Obi.

Last edited:

trikster40

Well, the upcoming Kenobi show will likely feature Tatooine prominately.........so no.
Nothing Offer GIF
I know, makes me super nervous. I’m hoping it does some planet hopping while Kenobi is on the run, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to pick up right when he’s dropping off Luke to his aunt and uncles.

I’m sick of Tatooine. Can we please move to another planet in the galaxy?
Same here, my guy.

What is it with Tatooine? Is it a nexus to the entire Star Wars galaxy? You think it would be since they can't move on from it.

I've had enough with desert planets like Jedha and Jakku, period.

That's a major issue with Star Wars is that the universe is so small.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Really interesting how no one is calling Favreau and Faloni Star Wars gods anymore. Book of Boba Fett really is one of the worst Star Wars things released.
:(

SpokkX

Book of Boba is almost as bad as The Rise of Skywalker

Nice job Disney - continue on this path and it will be even worse

Star Wars is really a mess these days

Looking forward to Obi Wan - where we learn Vader was actually a nice guy and helps out poor people

Well now that was an interesting nostalgia fueled episode so hold on to your sphincters.

This was basically a full on Mandalorian episode with no Boba Fett. You have a city-wide Halo ring, the Droid from Jedi Fallen Order and Mando gets a Naboo Starfighter.

lifa-cobex

Same here, my guy.

What is it with Tatooine? Is it a nexus to the entire Star Wars galaxy? You think it would be since they can't move on from it.

I've had enough with desert planets like Jedha and Jakku, period.

That's a major issue with Star Wars is that the universe is so small.
We all know where the Obi-wan series will be set too.

I really hope he goes off that bloody planet for whatever adventures but I've got a feeling he's not going anywhere.
Cheap set that they can re-use again and again.

Dessert planet is extremely boring unless you have huge creatures wandering about. I.e that Mando episode.

Last edited:
We all know where the Obi-wan series will be set too.

I really hope he goes off that bloody planet for whatever adventures but I've got a feeling he's not going anywhere.
Cheap set that they can re-use again and again.

Dessert planet is extremely boring unless you have huge creatures wandering about. I.e that Mando episode.
I heard rumors Coruscant might be visited in it but it wouldn't make sense for him to travel all over the galaxy but then again this is Disney Star Wars so they're probably going to shit on everything as usual.

Must say the newest Boba Fett episode was good but uh....

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

I heard rumors Coruscant might be visited in it but it wouldn't make sense for him to travel all over the galaxy but then again this is Disney Star Wars so they're probably going to shit on everything as usual.

Must say the newest Boba Fett episode was good but uh....
Coruscant would at least be something visually different. In terms of built up/ "modern" back drops. We have had little to non for a very long time.
I hope he goes anywhere with a different color pallet other than yellow sand. Bloody Mandalore or somewhere.

The OG trilogy didn't have much if any built up areas. But it was to visualize the rebels trying to get by with what they had. Plus it was new so it's fine.
Prequels obviously had loads. No war at first so everyone is living the good life.
Sequel trilogy I think had one? That gambling planet.
Tv series wise. I can't think of any.

Clone wars series compared to what we get these days.......

But yea, I'm completely checked out of Bobba.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This is the first episode of any Disney+ Star Wars show that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I’m a casual fan of SW and always had a soft spot for Boba Fett and the other bounty hunters, so I’ve wanted to like these shows more than I have.

Something feels different here. The camera work is methodical and the budget feels higher. The sense of place and atmosphere feels stronger than usual, but maybe I’m imagining that.

That said, I think they’re still really being cheap when it comes to casting. So many of the minor-roles, like shop merchants, etc are so poorly acted, both here and in Mandalorian.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I knew when I saw Bryce Dallas Howard was directing it would be better than what we've seen so far in this show - her episodes on Mandalorian were some of the best. They even clearly gave her far greater of a budget to work with.

Well we got the first episode of Mando S3 today.

Pretty much, and thank god. I needed a respite from how things have been going overall with BoBF.

Last edited:

Ironbunny

This is first episode of the show I somewhat liked even with the bad bolt on humour. All episodes before this have been really bad.

Wvrs

Can't wait for the episode of Kenobi where we flash sideways to Din training with the Mandalorians as a kid.

Top Bottom