• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Brothers Sun | Something good on Netflix this week??

YCoCg

Gold Member
Didn't see this advertised much, or at all really, surprising considering Michelle Yeoh is in it but this short series dropped on the 4th of January and it follows the story of a Triad family war that causes one of the brothers to go to LA and track down his mother and younger brother who's been shielded from the lifestyle, not finished it yet but three episodes in it's good, light, action focused, feels like a good chaser to start the new year with.

Eiknarf

Didn't see this advertised much, or at all really, surprising considering Michelle Yeoh is in it but this short series dropped on the 4th of January and it follows the story of a Triad family war that causes one of the brothers to go to LA and track down his mother and younger brother who's been shielded from the lifestyle, not finished it yet but three episodes in it's good, light, action focused, feels like a good chaser to start the new year with.

I put this on, on a whim, just to have something on in the background, and both the wife and I love it. Whitty, Funny, Unique, Gory, Dramatic etc

Watched the first three episodes before bed

Boozeroony

It's fun. I was surprised this isn't getting more attention. Cinematography reminds me of Breaking Bad at times. It is silly, in a good way.

Edit: John Cho's house was hilarious.

Last edited:

TVexperto

You should watch this movie:

Best movie I've seen on netflix. Well worth it if you're into the survive after crash type of movie. Also it all really happened. I looked it up afterwards and it seems most of it was actually pretty accurate.
both good suggestions in this thread!

but avclub gave it only a c+

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

That actually looks really good.

Thanks for the tip OP. Something for the wife and I to binge this weekend!

sonicfan

Venerable Member
Watched, really liked it for what it is, don't expect the godfather, but pretty well executed. Had a few good LOLs too, the dinosaurs scene went right over my wife's head.

YCoCg

Gold Member
Finished it off the other day, the highlight fight for me was the Golf Driving Range one, story feels like it slowed down a bit towards the end but it's still good enough for a viewing as long as you don't expect a super amazing script, it's light, funny in places, cool fights, like a modern day kung fu action show.

Top Bottom