• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The company that revived the Xbox ‘Duke’ Hyperkin is now bringing back the Xbox 360 controller

The Xbox Blades Dashboard for 360 was very cool and unique and something new.
it wasnt bad, it wasnt great... but at least it was simple, organized, and responsive.

is the series x menu system fast and responsive?
the xbox one x menu was complete garbage.
you have a machine that can push a billion polygon/sec, but you cant build a menu that doesnt constantly lag like a bitch? gfto you rejects.

it wasnt bad, it wasnt great... but at least it was simple, organized, and responsive.

is the series x menu system fast and responsive?
the xbox one x menu was complete garbage.
you have a machine that can push a billion polygon/sec, but you cant build a menu that doesnt constantly lag like a bitch? gfto you rejects.
Yes, the Series X me is are much more responsive than the previous systems. I agree the Xbox One family UI was utter shit.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
GCN still fits like a glove, isnt clickity clakity, and buttons feel good.

just took apart my wavebird for a deep clean.
My biggest problem with the GCN controller is when I was playing RE0 I noticed the grips would actually give like a plastic hollow ball if pressure was applied.
Can't remember what I was doing at the time to discover that.
But I was shocked nonetheless how easy it would be to crush it with little effort.

old-parts

I always liked the feel of the xbox 360 controller, not sure why they even bothered to change it with xbox one and they dropped the jewel buttons, everything has become so drab.

And yeah Xbox 360 launch UI was the best, it was something you'd expect in a console, after that though Xbox UI's turned into Plex media center.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hyperkin, a company that specializes in creating retro controllers, will be releasing its version of the Xbox 360 controller that is compatible with Xbox Series X/S, so gamers can experience a next gen console with a beloved retro controller. The controller, which will be available on June 6, will be called the Xenon and will be priced at $49.99 USD. For the gamers who wish to customize their Xbox gaming experience, the controller will be available in black, white, pink, and red.

There will also be some modern updates to the retro-inspired controller. Users will be able to take screenshots and record gameplay, and the controller will also have a detachable Type-C cable for charging and updating. For Xbox fans who are particularly eager to get their hands on this throwback product, a pre-order will also be available on May 5. Getting one's hands on this controller will be an exciting new way to experience awesome Game Pass deals and revisiting games already in one's library.

xenon_hyperkin.jpg

Last edited:

Fredrik

Hate to say it but that thing aged horrible.
Current controller is a timeless masterpiece.
A wired 360 controller is still my controller on PC. Works perfectly, no drifting, dpad is not usable for tight controls though but it has no more issues than it had a launch.

Wired controllers what is this 2004
Listen to PSVR2 fans, it’s just a single cable.
I actually have everything wired on PC - mouse, keyboard, controller.
For Xbox though and in the living room, yeah not optimal.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want this?

The controler was good enough for it's era, but once you use more modern versions and you go back, it's quite inferior and clunky. Also, drifting was super common, it's the console where I had most problems with the joysticks, even ahead of the PS2.

If anything, I'd like to use a Xbox One controller on my X360. (which is possible, but only with expensive usb adapters)
This.

lBOwKeK.jpg
flgGFns.gif

All last X360 controllers produced had it, you switch physical aspect by rotating it.
Wasn't that good either, but better than anything.

I don't think it was all last X360 controllers, I have the last model, Xbox 360 E, and the controller it brought was the normal wireless one, without the rotating dpad.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It was the start to greatness but the series controllers are absolute top tier, some can't handle a click d pad, it doesn't bother me in the slightest the controllers are immense.

mrmustard

Banned
I was never a fan of the duke (unwieldy) or the 360 controller (awful d-pad), but the Series controller is perfection. If i ever switch to pc this will be my controller.

Top Bottom