• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Devs Ivory Tower Reportedly Making New Racing Game Called Motorfest

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As reported by Insider Gaming, Ubisoft's Ivory Tower studio is working on a new game codenamed Project Orlando, which was assumed to be The Crew 3, but according to the images spotted by Tom Henderson and Xbox Era's Nick Baker, who are both credible industry insiders, the game has been apparently renamed to Motorfest.

As Tom Henderson reveals, the leaked images, which cannot be shared publicly due to copyright claims, showcase a "Motorfest" logo on multiple in-game items such as electronic billboards, registration plates, and even the loading screens.

The source makes it clear that they are not sure of the complete rebranding for The Crew series, as the game might be named The Crew: Motorfest, however, it is probably unlikely to see it coming as The Crew 3.

According to Insider Gaming, the game was referred to as The Crew Orlando internally back in April 2021, but it has gone through the process of name-changing multiple times so far. This could probably mean that even "Motorfest" might not be the final name of Project Orlando.

In an update provided by the source, the leaked images still show clues hinting at The Crew 2, such as the ability to import your The Crew 2 garage into the game. Insider Gaming claims that Project Orlando was supposed to become a DLC for The Crew 2, but then Ubisoft decided to make it a standalone title as a new installment in the series.

Based on what Insider Gaming claims, unlike the first two iterations of The Crew which include the entire map of the US, Project Orlando is set on Hawaii Island and will be using a new game engine that represents more realistic visuals than previous iterations.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I liked Crew 1, didn't like Crew 2. Even though this would probably be another teen focused racing game with dumb looking characters and some cringy moments I have a soft spot for Oahu and TDU1 so I'd give it a try.

RyRy93

The plane and boat events didn't add much for me, the jetsprint events were cool but I'd rather the focus be on cars and motorbikes

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sounds a lot like Motorstorm. If it also IS anything like it I might be interested.

Whatever happened to that other game someone (Codemasters?) was making that was pretty much gonna be MS but with cars, boats and planes? Something like that.

Osaka_Boss

The only thing I want is a spiritual successor to Project Gotham Racing. And no, i don't mean fucking Forza Horizon

nikos

Really looking forward to seeing this. Recently got back into The Crew 2 and it's a lot of fun.

Rayderism

I've lost faith in new racing game announcements. Probably will be just another boring open-world "just racing" sort of game.

I want more over-the-top, can't-happen-in-real-life, actual FUN arcade racers that have lots of crazy stuff going on. But I guess I'm just showing my age, because those don't sell well anymore. Apparently, the younger generation of gamers prefer boring and stale sims for some reason. Sigh.......

I really used to love the racing genre, but lately, with only a few exceptions, most have been very boring and not fun to play in the PS4/PS5 generations.

I've lost faith in new racing game announcements. Probably will be just another boring open-world "just racing" sort of game.

I want more over-the-top, can't-happen-in-real-life, actual FUN arcade racers that have lots of crazy stuff going on. But I guess I'm just showing my age, because those don't sell well anymore. Apparently, the younger generation of gamers prefer boring and stale sims for some reason. Sigh.......

I really used to love the racing genre, but lately, with only a few exceptions, most have been very boring and not fun to play in the PS4/PS5 generations.

Open world racers need to have open worlds that feel 'alive'.

Its nice to race around in Forza Horizon's open world but what if the developers added in random open world incidents. Like a concert being setup on a farm, or a car meet taking place in a shopping mall parking lot, people BBQ'ing in their gardens or some people reversing out of their driveways (which could impact the race).
So let me drive by a random house and hear booming soundtrack coming from it, or have some random car wash going on with loud music coming from the car's stereo.

Then in the next race these things ^^ are no longer there or moved to a different location.

sYjYVJoYNhRetpD7ZasoK9.jpg

Just fucking look at this. Beautifully created homes but they're dead, lifeless. It may as well just be cardboard cutout or background. Even if you put some random people pulling up to the driveway and just disappearing into the house, that would be something.
Consoles getting more powerful with each new generation but these open worlds are as dead and just fucking lifeless as they've always been.

UnNamed

Banned
Build a racing game set in France or Europe you cowards.
oh-thank-god-brooke-bishop.gif

It's litterally the most demanded thing on their forum for the sequel.

Open world racers need to have open worlds that feel 'alive'.

Its nice to race around in Forza Horizon's open world but what if the developers added in random open world incidents. Like a concert being setup on a farm, or a car meet taking place in a shopping mall parking lot, people BBQ'ing in their gardens or some people reversing out of their driveways (which could impact the race).
So let me drive by a random house and hear booming soundtrack coming from it, or have some random car wash going on with loud music coming from the car's stereo.

Then in the next race these things ^^ are no longer there or moved to a different location.

sYjYVJoYNhRetpD7ZasoK9.jpg

Just fucking look at this. Beautifully created homes but they're dead, lifeless. It may as well just be cardboard cutout or background. Even if you put some random people pulling up to the driveway and just disappearing into the house, that would be something.
Consoles getting more powerful with each new generation but these open worlds are as dead and just fucking lifeless as they've always been.

The Crew 1 had more living cities in it's original form, before all the patches. In fact, this is the only aspect I don't like in Forza Horizon, where cities are just empty amusement parks, as if someone has build a fake Venice in the countryside.

What I liked the most in The Crew was you had real feelings when you entered a city because there was something interesting in every single step: at first you only see the city, the skyline, the lights; you approach the city and the traffic rise; the first thing you see are gas stations, a smart detail since it has much sense that gas stations are at the borders of the city; then more people and traffic towards the center; large buildings near the borders, many small houses inside. Other games have just random buildings all over the place. In the Crew2 the cities are hit by Covid.

I think all those improvements over the years had a big impact on the Crew. In the Crew 1 people began to disappear after the patch with PBR lighting: less veicles on the streets and less people. The Crew disappointed me with even less cars and people on the streets because of the new fancy graphics and effects.

In this aspect, the game who did the best is still GTA 5.

Tunned

Third time's the charm? Maybe this time the car physics and progression won't suck major ass, not holding my breath though.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

New datamines by ScriptLeaksR6 on Twitter have seemingly confirmed that the next The Crew game will be called Motorfest.

Originally reported by Insider Gaming and in collaboration with Xbox Era’s Nick Baker (Shpeshal Nick), Motorfest is Ubisoft’s latest attempt at pushing The Crew series to new heights.

Insider Gaming understands that The Crew Motorfest, known internally as Project Orlando was intended to be The Crew 2 DLC but became something much bigger later on in development.

Images provided to Insider Gaming under the condition that the images are not released publically show a Motorfest logo throughout the game, such as on electronic billboards, registration plates, and in the loading menu.

It’s understood that the game will have a new engine and the images provided clearly show that the game will take place on the Hawaii island of Oahu. Of course, there are some slight modifications to the island, but players should expect to see picture-perfect ocean blue seas and drive through high mountainous roads.

Pfroebbel

The Crew 2 could have been good. But the Difficulty was too high and the Rubberbanding killed it for me. I hate this shit in looong Races without Forza like Reverse Button.

nikos

I'm so hyped to see this! Hopefully it's not too far out. I still boot up The Crew 2 every now and then. It's so much fun to just ride around on a bike and get lost.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I tried to play The Crew once because I really liked the premise of it and just found the cars to be uncontrollable. Like, the handling was so bad. Crew 2 was even worse. I don’t understand it.

Top Bottom