• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Critical Drinker - Why Modern Movies Suck - Setup And Payoff (Uses the film Tremors as the positive example of the practice)

CGiRanger

Banned
And you can guess what film he used as the negative example or lack-there-of of proper setup and payoff

As a super fan of Tremors and consider that film one of the most timeless classics, of course this was enjoyable to see it given props for its smart writing that I often felt was overlooked because of course it's just a "monster film". But I also cannot disagree with his assessment of what is lacking in the current trend of modern blockbuster films in comparison.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Somehow Star Wars and marvel movies would be involved in a hate modern movies video, there’s all kinds of reasons to hate today’s movies but I actually found a couple of good movies.

Turnt

The Last Jedi broke some people's brains. It has been years and some people are still fixated on it.

evolvaer

Banned
jesus, drinker you've got to move on bud. It's been years since the film came out, give it a rest. Never liked the film, but move on already.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
jesus, drinker you've got to move on bud. It's been years since the film came out, give it a rest. Never liked the film, but move on already.
Could have used any, and I mean any Netflix (produced) movie here. Star Wars is just something that's known and very easy to point its flaws out.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My wife and I were staying with her cousin about a year ago, we wanted to watch a movie and I saw Tremors on Netflix. I insisted it was a great movie and sorta forced it on the cousin. She was so annoyed until about 5 minutes in and was like “alright this might’ve been a good choice.”

It’s really great and the slow buildup to the reveal is perfect

pel1300

The state of entertainment youtubers is depressing. They are making a lot of money bashing the death of hollywood but you can see just a few years ago they were so happy reviewing Infinity War.

Their Friday Night Tights streams are basically group therapy sessions lamenting the depressing state of Hollywood

sol_bad

It's a slow news week and he needs that revenue, I ain't clicking on his video.

*EDIT*
Tremors is just OK, only watched it once about 3 years ago and will probably never watch it again.

Last edited:

evolvaer

Banned
The state of entertainment youtubers is depressing. They are making a lot of money bashing the death of hollywood but you can see just a few years ago they were so happy reviewing Infinity War.

Their Friday Night Tights streams are basically group therapy sessions lamenting the depressing state of Hollywood

A truer thing has never been spoken on this forum. It's akin to masturbation, once in a while it's fun and releases stress and anxiety, but if it's your sole diet or interaction, you're in trouble.

Melfice7

the only flaw im tremors is that theres no way that pogo stick would just stand still like that after valentine tackled mindy

Top Bottom