• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The crowd cheered when Phil was answering questions about Tango's closure, turns out it was IGN instructed and even offered prizes for them to do so.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Another new low for IGN, LMFAO.

During one bit of the interview, Phil Spencer was asked about the recent studio closures that a lot of gamers felt strongly against about. Spencer’s answer seemingly avoided the question, and instead mentioned how painful it was to make hard decisions in order to run a sustainable business. Oddly enough, the crowd cheered at this response.

It seems we now know why they cheered. One of the IGN Live crowd attendees mentioned that they were told to cheer and be loud in order to keep the energy up, and whomever was the loudest even got prizes.

Some of the “bigger” prizes apparently included gaming headsets, and the show even gave out free 5 Hour Energy drinks all weekend for the crowd to drink. The person who talked about it, Bruno Rodriguez, mentioned that this cheering and shouting wasn’t an exclusive thing just for Spencer, and this was something they were instructed to do regardless of the person being interviewed.

While I understand IGN probably did this to make sure the crowd looked excited, perhaps one of their producers should have been mindful in telling people when to cheer or not?

Phil stays rizzlin
zszgmtw.jpeg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hey guys you shouldn't blame xbox cause everyone does it and this is good for the industry. Yes everyone even your favorite company does this. Take the black pill.

Shut up and buy our slop as we shut down companies that made games people enjoyed, sold fairly well with respect to its budget, and won awards. They had the balls to propose a sequel to a well received game and deserved to be shut down,

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m offering the biggest prize to the news outlet who has the least clickbaity titles.

Saber

Gold Member
No surprises though. Thats why when people said that IGN throw harmless jokes, I'm like "nah". This is the type of people you have to suspect everytime.
They could use some fans from here though. I assure you they would applaud them for free.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Your title was better than mine, this thread should be kept instead of mine

About the news, well Phil, we got to a point were your shills will go above and beyond the duty to defend you. I bet Ryan got hard thinking "Phil will love this"

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Standard affair for these things. Also, already discussed in another dedicated thread.

Edit: already pointed out

Last edited:

semiconscious

Gold Member
man, maybe it's just the lighting, but phil's looking unhealthily bloated. i don't particularly like him, & i know he's well compensated, but i definitely don't envy him the pressure he's under at this point...

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
You mean all of those E3 shows where people would hold their arms over their heads in a cross during the Xbox presentation were told to do it???

This is just so shocking to me.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I've been on a few TV shows and being told to cheer and look like you're having a good time is not a new thing, and some of these recording go on for hours!

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Gaming headsets and energy drinks, smh. What a bunch of sellouts. They should've booed him off the stage after that non answer he gave. Have some backbone for Christ sake.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You act like it's so obvious but if it didn't work on fooling people, they wouldn't do it.

Lots of things are fake though. Comments on YouTube are fake and so are many reviews on Amazon for products.
It's just the framing. Like having a thread title "Sony Playstation making children mentally retarded" and then posting an article about lead leaking from e waste.

So the crowds cheering was as fake as good old Phil? Imagine my surprise……
His laughs and his fake smiles are repulsive as well. He knows he is full of shit and just comes off as a total fraud.
He tried to say how he has a boss to answer too about the studio closures and the decision to shut them down……no shit Phil everyone has a boss but he is literally the boss of Xbox and it all comes back on him. He has done irreparable damage to the brand since he got there and pushed his gamepass agenda. Hardware sales have tanked and game sales have as well. All under his watch and yet he sits there and tries to sugar coat it all with his give gamers choices bullshit. He says one thing but then proceeds to do something else and in the process make the xbox brand even more irrelevant. Him not being canned years ago along with that other dolt Booty speaks volumes of the mindset at MS and the Xbox division in general.

DrFigs

Wait until you find out the audience at late night shows don't really think all the jokes are funny.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
that this cheering and shouting wasn’t an exclusive thing just for Spencer, and this was something they were instructed to do regardless of the person being interviewed

So why make it look like it was just for Phill Spencer during that Tango itw? You know most people wont go further than the title.

cireza

You act like it's so obvious but if it didn't work on fooling people, they wouldn't do it.

Lots of things are fake though. Comments on YouTube are fake and so are many reviews on Amazon for products.
Can't help it if people are dumb enough to not have their own opinion, and if a bunch of guys cheering is all they need to think something is fine.

Top Bottom