• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the current war

Tesseract

Banned
0191329134078_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

The Current War: Director's Cut is the story of the competition that lit up the modern world. Benedict Cumberbatch is Thomas Edison, celebrity inventor on the verge of bringing electricity to Manhattan with his new DC technology. On the eve of triumph, his plans are upended by charismatic businessman George Westinghouse (Michael Shannon), who believes he and his partner, Nikolai Tesla (Nicholas Hoult), have a superior idea for how to rapidly electrify America with AC current. As Edison and Westinghouse grapple for who will power the nation, they spark one of the first and greatest corporate feuds in American history.

not sure what to make of this, director's cut is supposed to be a marked improvement over previous versions

will watch this weekend and post some thoughts

have at you

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Never even heard of this. Great cast. Unknown director, but it looks like he's done ancillary work with inarritu. Will check out.

Tesseract

Banned
watched it last night, it's not bad

i liked the focus on edison's wanting to never start from scratch again (his mind was pursuant to incredible amounts of anxiety and stress)

the movie is mostly about the struggle to create something from nothing, questions whether one should throw away a lifetime of guiding principles to win the greatest wars available

tesla is a bit understated throughout but he was a fairly isolated man with visions of a world unseen and his full story is replete with oddity and dejection

if you want the full story, i rec you pick up tesla v. edison by nigel cawthorne

Last edited:

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
I've only seen the theatrical cut (aka the Weinstein Cut) and it was ok but lacking something, have heard the directors cut does fix a lot of the issues though and is the better version of the two.

Top Bottom