• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope launches October 30

Mista

Banned

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, the second installment in The Dark Pictures Anthology following 2019’s Man of Medan, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 30, publisher Bandai Namco and developer Supermassive Games announced.

Pre-orders will include early access to “The Curator’s Cut,” which features new scenes in addition to the theatrical cut and different playable characters with different choices and outcomes.

In Europe, Limited and Collector’s editions will also be available.

The Limited Edition, which will only be available at participating retailers, includes both The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope and The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan, a The Dark Pictures Anthology cloth map, two map pins, and a steel case (with four slots).

The Collector’s Edition, which is exclusive to the Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe Online Store includes The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, a The Dark Pictures Anthology cloth map, two map pins, a steel case (with four slots), and a replica of Mary’s 1692 poppet.

Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
About

Each new game is influenced by real world events either fact, fiction or legend and features a completely new story, setting and cast of characters.

Each new game in The Dark Pictures Anthology will deliver a new cinematic horror experience playable in single and multiplayer including Shared Story playable with a friend online and Movie Night mode where up to five players can play together off-line and pass-the-pad.

Little Hope is the second game in The Dark Pictures Anthology. Trapped and isolated in the abandoned town of Little Hope, four college students and their professor must escape the nightmarish apparitions that relentlessly pursue them through an impenetrable fog.

Key Features

• Welcome to Little Hope – Witness terrifying visions of the past, haunted by the events of the XVIIth century Andover Witch Trials.
  • Save Your Souls – Escape the nightmarish apparitions that relentlessly pursue your cast…
  • Don’t Play Alone – Play online with a friend or up to five friends offline, share your story and cooperate wisely to save your cast… Abandon Hope All who enter here…
Gematsu

Collin

Banned
Minor nitpick but does anyone else feel like releasing Oct 30 is a little too close to halloween? It gives you 2 days to beat it and then spooky season is over! October 16 or October 23rd would be better but whatever.

Besides that, Until Dawn kicks ass and Man of Medan is okay, I played both with a large group and it was a total blast in that environment both times. It’s something I hope we can do with this one if Covid isn’t still kicking around and deadly.

Minor nitpick but does anyone else feel like releasing Oct 30 is a little too close to halloween? It gives you 2 days to beat it and then spooky season is over! October 16 or October 23rd would be better but whatever.

Besides that, Until Dawn kicks ass and Man of Medan is okay, I played both with a large group and it was a total blast in that environment both times. It’s something I hope we can do with this one if Covid isn’t still kicking around and deadly.
dunno, all their previous games you can beat in one sitting.

Damnit I'm a sucka for little cinematic horror gems like this one, Until Dawn.

This the only Dev team from UD that makes and fills my appetite in the horror genre. I adore any project they release.

This little town is creepy AF, can't wait !!

bender

What time is it?
Man of Medan was kind of a disappointment after Until Dawn, but this one looks more interesting.

The best part of Man of Medan was the Little Hope trailer. Until Dawn was amazing, I hope it wasn't lightening in a bottle.

Shin

Banned
It has tentacles, autowin.
Namco has become quite a juggernaut, they keep scoring all these indie like titles of high quality.

Dthomp

Crap, I was just wondering when this was finally coming. So much for that summer release. LOVED Until Dawn, one of my favs this gen, Man of Medan was kind of "Meh". Hoping for more of a scary title since MoM really didn't hit any of the same tones of Until Dawn.

Wish there was Collectors Editions in the US for this one, I'd probably bite

vkbest

I wonder why Sony is not investigated on Europe by false advertising on trailers. Lately they are publishing tweets and videos on their YouTube channel with PC footage as PS4 footage

mcz117chief

Men of Medan was ok for the price and the obvious small budget. The thing that disappointed me the most about it was how all the supernatural was just bad gas and it wasn't real, that was just weak sauce. That said, I will definitely get Little Hope but this time I hope it delivers some actual horror and not end with "oh it was all just another gas lol".

Oh yeah, also the ending how the military "rescue" team was two soldier dudes with flashlights and nothing else :D :D :D that was just pathetic.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
Little Hope is now out. Despite its defaults, it has a great story with one of the best endings in the history of video games. It's totally underrated by the critics in my opinion.

Buy this game !

+ : the story is great, especially when you finally understand everything
+ : multiple playthroughs are fine
+ : even better with friends

- : walking is too slow
- : sometimes lacks pace in the middle of the adventure

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Little Hope is now out. Despite its defaults, it has a great story with one of the best endings in the history of video games. It's totally underrated by the critics in my opinion.

Buy this game !

+ : the story is great, especially when you finally understand everything
+ : multiple playthroughs are fine
+ : even better with friends

- : walking is too slow
- : sometimes lacks pace in the middle of the adventure

How long does a single play through take? 😊

Airbus Jr

Banned
Seriosly this guy is the protagonist of this game?

tenor.gif

Replace the "you guys are getting paid ?" meme into "im getting my own game?"

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Finished it today, much better than Man of Medan still not as good as Until Dawn but it got pretty close. It is practically just Silent Hill without the siren. Also had only 1 crash. Pretty decent dialogues, not many cringe moments, enjoyable story. Looking forward to the 3rd game.

Rayderism

I felt Little Hope was much better than Man of Medan. In MoM, once you knew the plot twist, it kind of guided your choices in subsequent playthroughs. But in LH, the plot twist doesn't really matter too much as far as affecting your choices when you play again. In fact, I have more interest in exploring different choices in LH. I've already played though it twice and I'm still interested in playing again, whereas MoM, I felt basically done with it after 2 plays.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Looks better than the last one. I tried the demo of Man of Medan and I couldn't make it past 15 minutes despite loving Until Dawn. The cast was just too damn cliche. Nerdy brother, jock, bimbo gf of jock, and angry boat captain? Meh.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems like the game will be on sale (in the US at least) for Black Friday - $19.99 at multiple retail locations. Best Buy and GameStop confirmed, will probably also get matched by Amazon.

Top Bottom