• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 expansion ‘Warlords of New York’ announced

scalman

It's literately a new campaign on a new fairly big open-world map. It's one of the best DLCs in the recent memory for me. Definitely worth 30 EUR., If you enjoy The Division 2, go and grab it!
so like how large is it , 30 euros is almost price dor new game well for half game at least so is that new area so big ? compare to episode 1,2,3 areas this larger then all those ?

so like how large is it , 30 euros is almost price dor new game well for half game at least so is that new area so big ? compare to episode 1,2,3 areas this larger then all those ?

This comparison from Reddit is fairly accurate, There's no DZ in Warlords so if you take this into account the map size is ~ 1/2 of the PVE DC area.

qnmhutwmk1i41.png

scalman

wow its great size then, and i dont play DZ and i do only solo, so hope there will be a lot pve stuff to do there and mission to replay on harder difficulty and such.
now started new character and went now to lvl 3, not sure about loot yeat , didint notice any like better loot, maybe when i will get more green gear and then blue it will be better, for grey gear i got like 4 same stuff like exactly same things over and over so not so good loot , but maybe it will be better later, i hope. but now i cant wait until i could do recalibration stuff , i mean i have chars with 500 gs and more but i want now do all from start and see how it will be different experience for me as gear and loot changed .

scalman

yes gear is much better less distraction now its just gear. im on lvl 7 now from zero so im looking on all improvements that they did with loot and i duno if i see them for low lvl guys and girls there... getting still useless loot 10 shotguns, 15 marks rifles and 20 SMG weapons but im using just riffle and AF only so they etill give me shit loot there. and until recalibration you can even use their abilities so just sell them or scrap. but i have some hope for higher lvl loot maybe, sill see. going forward. its allready amazing on GS 500 to go higher i tried it and its amazing , but i wanted to see how its different from start.
dont know why i like division so much, it ssomething that fits me there that i need in video games that i cant find in other games ..

Is the ps4 matchmaking screwed up or is it just me??....can’t find any groups

jump on Xbox and I’m literally spammed with help requests...I thought it would be the other way around...or don’t ps4 players play the division?

scalman

never ever i answered on help request yet, they allways on other side of map anyway . lvl 9 and going up , looking for whats new for lower levels there. i dont see much changes in loot here as they said it will change. no its not that much same old no need your loot style. lets give me 100 weapons that i dont use just to make sure ...

Texas Pride

Banned
I've lived on this shit since the DLC dropped and have played way too much. I've got synergy with my builds and it feels like a brand new game. Shout out to Ubisoft Massive on an amazing job reviving a game many left for dead.

scalman

still puzzles me going to lvl 40 now , so you need to be at lvl 30 to go forward to 40 and then you will go world tier 1 after lvl 40 ? what if you are allready at world tier 1 , so can never try lvl 30to40 anymore ?
does lvl 30-40 is just for that new area or it will be in main map as well ?
do missions will r ecalibrate now for that higher levels and you will get higher level loot ? like lvl 31-40lvl loot ? so enemies will be lvl 31-40 now ?

why its still a thing that when you play with riffle/AF you gettting loot like 50 shotguns and all other guns but not guns that you using all time ? so if i would play for shotgun i would get all those tons shotguns then , or game would on purpose gave me then 50 riffles ?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I've lived on this shit since the DLC dropped and have played way too much. I've got synergy with my builds and it feels like a brand new game. Shout out to Ubisoft Massive on an amazing job reviving a game many left for dead.
So its worth getting back to it? I dropped this game very quick

scalman

its still same gameplay same style same loot loot loot thing , just its changed , so you didint liked game not sure how you could like it now .. but TU8 update is free anyway so you can try all those new changes in main map and see do you like it or not .

scalman

Well d2 on pc at least maxed with all those rains and fogs and smokes all over just looks amazing, some stuff just not existing in d1.

Texas Pride

Banned
So its worth getting back to it? I dropped this game very quick

I think so yeah. They way they have gear now is a lot more user friendly than it was with more ways to make a piece of gear your own. There are some changes that I think they may roll back later but overall it's a great update.

Game is worse:

1) Hard difficulty is the new Challenging difficulty
2) Challenging difficulty is the new Heroic
3) Legendary difficulty is basically suicide without a full team (that have good stats and/or builds)
4) Legendary difficulty took a group of great players almost 1 hour and 30 minutes to get through and that is doing alot of backtracking to funnel the enemy AI through choke points in the map.
5) After doing the above there is no guarantee of god roll items or exotics. Imaging sitting through a mission for almost 2 hours for nothing or no reward for your efforts.
6) Enemy's are now more bullet spongy than ever. Your 1.4 million armour counts for nothing as an enemy dog or elites can rip through it with ease while you're DPS wittles away at their armour.
7) Even high level tech skills are useless. I had a seeker mine build that did upwards of 1.9 million damage literally not even remove 1 bar of armour on elite enemies. Same with the single seeker mine. They have become useless to use. Anything higher than Challenging difficulty is useless for skill builds and more reliant on DPS and talents that stack or replace armour.

There was also an exploit in the game that could get you to shade level 100 within an hour by doing target practice missions throughout the map. Massive warned people of account bans if they took advantage of it. Now its patching that too.
Massive is out here patching things left and right like a leaky boat. They also patching clan vendors and Cassie Mendoza which was giving out god roll items left and right.

There are some good stuff that's right this time like the new gear and how easy you're able to identify good gear from bad ones and the new re-calibration system is amazing but there is alot broken with the game currently and people are frustrated, myself included.

It is far from awesome.

Last edited:

scalman

Dont see it worse just different. Didint played anything on hard yet so im good still. Lvl 20. Cant wait to start recalibration. Loot more or less same , duno whats changed there not much, tons useless stuff and then some random stuff comes and you get 3 or 4 better weapons in line. Then hrs no good loot again. Still i love it.
Played end game char over 500 gs didint find hard missions hard at all. But i wann see whats new from start so now doing all over again.

scalman

Jeff ? lol . mission done but Jeff is died somehow and then dissapeared , had to quit from game, still got all loot though.
oQh1T2a.jpg

other thing as some people said its kinda hard, it was not for me until like now untill i reached levels 23 and up now im 25 and im allmost dead if anyone hit me , but i need to spray those bullets into them. so now i see that this thing changed here, it was not like this until TU8 .
and Dark zones...omg i never go to them so first time i visited first area was just now on my lvl 25 and i was just owned ..just so hard man . no thank you .

nice spring sale on uplay, D1 just $9.90 D1 season pass $6.60 , D2 standard - $9.90
i might take D1 with DLC because i have it on ps4 pro without season pass. and to have it on laptop would be much better.

Last edited:

scalman

new patch tells us something about Stadia cool stuff and then im coming bakc to New York and damn it looks good and its changed
3HQLaFs.jpg

us5sAOo.jpg

elr7E5N.jpg

i made my char specially from zero to 30 and now im going over 30 in this new map ... and wow i like it , just my 30lvl guns just cutting those fools like butter , for now at least.
NY looks cool
dKRoZct.jpg

fyE5KeC.jpg

scalman

2 new bosses down , new map areas can be weird or confusion when you need to climb now on roofs and travel between roofs a lot , or just climb some ventilation tubes , that you couldnt do im main map, so some places are hard to reach or hard to track down for me. But in all interesting areas sure, enemies not as easy that where on main map even on same level , its much harder to kill them . Using turret all time and trackable mini bombs plus rifle and assault rifle, maybe those not best tactics but its fine.
But i wouldnt say this payed DLC map is better for me then those new areas that we got for free with Episodes 1,2,3. i kinda had more fun there , just something changed in this new area that you can just die more easily for stupid reason or map is more strict with more boundaries that you can run to and then enemies just killing you because noewhere to run or hide. thats for Solo player at least.

new base area is strange , i thought there will be something more doing with doggy but no i found it once there and thats it , no reason to go to base other then recalibration, but even there im confused . as i brought all my weapons and gear from main map from my lvl30 , but in this new area you cant use anymore them on recalibration station , only loot from this new map. hmm ok. loot was shit mostly, nothing good for now.

so what will happen when you go back to main map now ? you will loose those new gear or you will continue play with them ? or you will go back to lvl 30 again in main map ?

Last edited:

scalman

so how people are in warlords new map and they got higher gear scores ? how you get that ? when i played firts time i reached lvl 30 in main map and went to new map, there i got from lvl 30 to 40 but not higher i done all missions there.
other times i had like GS over 500 in main map and then i went to new map and i become lvl 30 guy again just with all my good gear and guns, so i went again up to lvl 40 there but no further. so how to be GS on that new map ? do i need to go back to main map play there and come back to new map ? whats the catch here ?

Anyone here played Division 2 on PS4 Pro? I tried the beta like a year ago I guess and it looked sorta inconsistent in visual quality. There were plenty of texture LOD pop ups some asset stream issues but the gunplay was satisfying. Does anyone know if it still present in the full retail release? Should i get it now or just wait for PS5 and then play it directly on PS5?

VertigoOA

Banned
Anyone here played Division 2 on PS4 Pro? I tried the beta like a year ago I guess and it looked sorta inconsistent in visual quality. There were plenty of texture LOD pop ups some asset stream issues but the gunplay was satisfying. Does anyone know if it still present in the full retail release? Should i get it now or just wait for PS5 and then play it directly on PS5?

I wouldn’t expect Division 2 on next gen honestly.

I wouldn’t expect Division 2 on next gen honestly.

Ok i am not asking for a next gen release of current gen game, i am asking would it be better to play the game and experience it on PS5 rather than PS4/PS4 Pro? like would it eliminate texture streaming issues etc? with the PS5's native mode?

B_Boss

Ok i am not asking for a next gen release of current gen game, i am asking would it be better to play the game and experience it on PS5 rather than PS4/PS4 Pro? like would it eliminate texture streaming issues etc? with the PS5's native mode?

This is a great question. Massive has officially stated:

When asked if we'll see The Division 2 make the jump, associate creative director Yannick Banchereau said, "What I can tell you is that we are not making a specific version for those for those consoles, we are very much focused on just working on what we have now and making that as good as possible."

So far that is a negative but I am so hoping they release the game for PS5......the constant loading is killer....worth playing but nextgen is making current gen painful 🤣. I can’t even imagine Div2 taking advantage of the crazy streaming capabilities of PS5.

(source:http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/02/no_plans_for_ps5_port_of_the_division_2_says_dev)

scalman

You have to finish the whole WoNY story (Keener’s mission in last) to access the new level progress.
i sure did all that. and i keep running now still on lvl 40 with new watch that i leveling up , but my lvl stayed same and all missions done, nothing else to do in map.
i read someone sayed you can be stuck on lvl 40 somehow if you didint finished like all main story in main map or something, but what is all story there ? i got there into world tiers , so that must be all story missions there. strange.
Or thats it no more better gear then after lvl 40 ? Im leveling up my watch sure but all gear its just what it is then is it?
But you can lvl up gear over 500 score in main map then you go to new map and you level up that even further. Thats cool we basically you get much better gear then was on your 515 score lets say. But if you go to main map being just lvl 30 and not world tier then you will go up to lvl 40 and thats it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom