• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls 6’s Main Plot May Already Have Been Spoiled

Moses85

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Main plot in bethesda games are so fucking bad that probably no one cares about the spoilers.
I put 100s of hours into Oblivion and Skyrim.........I forgot those games even had main questlines.
Even if someone was to spoiled TES6 story for me the day the game comes out......by the time i get to the "ohh fuck someone spoiled this for me" point, ill have already put 100s of hours in.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I agree, the plot in Elder Scrolls games (or a vast majority of games) are absolute ass.

But does anybody really care? Who really gives a shit about the plot, let alone the "lore" of the Elder Scrolls. It's low brow shite. I just want to get into the game and fight a dragon, FFS.

Mozzarella

Why is everyone saying the plot of Elder Scrolls is shit? because its not, it may be simple or barebones in some of the entries, but its not shit? just because a story is generic, basic and simple doesnt mean its awful, its just part of the game because in these games there is more than story to them, but the main story is where the higher production quality quests go, the rest follow a more conservative route, but that doesnt mean they are not enjoyable.
I think people here probably mean characters but yeah Elder Scrolls games with the exception of Morrowind and Oblivion DLC have shallow and forgettable characters, but the plot as generic and simple as they are, are not bad.

fatmarco

Why are people shitting on Elder Scrolls plots lol?

They have probably the most in depth lore of any videogame IP, and Morrowind I'd argue is one of the GOAT stories in gaming. Like I get that people don't read the text/books in these games but it's good.

Also it's a Thalmor invasion that was predicted by Skyrim. In the Thalmor manor in Skyrim you find a document that explains that the Thalmor captured and brainwashed Ulfric Stormcloak to create a civil war and essentially weaken the Empire in preparation for an invasion (If I'm remembering this correctly).

Philfrag

Banned
Either way, I'm going to be playing as some dude that has inherited some ancient power trying to hold off some kind of apocalypse. He will exhibit no sign of urgency as he does endless side quests about stupid shit like finding some persons cat or fixing a relationship between two spirits in a house somewhere. On his journey his personal space will constantly being invaded by creepy NPCs that loudly speak everything that comes to their mind. The end of the game will be deeply unsatisfying and the world will not react to it being saved apart from some NPCs repeating dialogue like 'Ahh its the great traveller that saved us all'.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
LMAO who cares ?

Elder Scrolls main plot are literally bottom of the barrel fantasy writing. It doesn't interest anyone who has opened a true book in his life.
Elder Scrolls lore and branching storylines are one of the most impressive things ever. What the hell are you talking about? Even the main plots are very cool if you see them in a lore context.
Only "downside" is that you really have to read into it. Takes some time but it's absolutely worth it. The CHIM stuff blew my mind. You know, the whole of Elder Scrolls being just a dream of a higher being, Uriel Septim becoming such a being and then changing the world. It's insane.

Barrel fantasy writing... LMAO...

@topic: I remember the book about Akavir and assumed that one day they would get introduced into the series. But I don't think it'll go there yet. And I also don't believe that the main plot for the game is even fixed at this point in time.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

That's the 7th you dunce, OP's article talks about Uriel V, and yes he was an ambitious conqueror.

For OP: We are not leaving Tamriel, the "Towers" haven't all been deactivated yet and LANDFALL hasn't happened.
I know the article talks about Uriel V but then does it mean the events of TES6 happen before Oblivion? Since Oblivion starts at the end of Uriel VII’s reign, who is a descendent of Uriel V.

Kuranghi

I can imagine the leader guy transforming from a tiger man to a dragon and it looks kinda naff and outdated graphically. Noice.

Humdinger

Sounds interesting. Akavir or wherever. I'm up for it.

When will it be coming out? 2027?

Last edited:

TrueLegend

That's part of the problem(the fact that those wild and epic stories are usually reserved for the books).
That's not part of the problem.... that's the part of the solution. People who care to read....get to read and those who don't, don't have to read. It's better that way. Elder Scrolls series has one of the best lore ever and also the most interesting one, that's what makes the world believable and fun.

That's not part of the problem.... that's the part of the solution. People who care to read....get to read and those who don't, don't have to read. It's better that way. Elder Scrolls series has one of the best lore ever and also the most interesting one, that's what makes the world believable and fun.
So you’d rather have the most interesting parts of that lore be in books rather than some of it be in the game itself?

This isn’t about the like or dislike of reading lore, it’s about the fact that their writers are really good yet we don’t get to experience their best in gameplay form.

TrueLegend

So you’d rather have the most interesting parts of that lore be in books rather than some of it be in the game itself?

This isn’t about the like or dislike of reading lore, it’s about the fact that their writers are really good yet we don’t get to experience their best in gameplay form.
The books are in game. That's even more natural integration than any other game. You learn about the world you are in the way you should, by reading book. In fact all the things that bring skyrim down are convenience choices that the community already despises like fast travel that make it non immersive. But that's great for people who wanna do questing and dont wanna be bothered by immersive simulation aspects. So it's actually the best way. Alternative is what....long dialogues and exposition... Yeah no, it is far better as it is.

Top Bottom