• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls 6 All But Confirmed to Be an Xbox Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadsey

Makes sense for them to keep it as an exclusive to be fair.

I wish they would 100% state this is the case and that would draw a line under the matter. I guess they either want to set tongues wagging every few months to stay in the news cycle OR they are waiting to see what impact Starfield has as an exclusive before they make any definitive statement.

At this point I hope it is an exclusive...it may justify my investment in an XSX as FH5 was a let down for me and I no longer have the confidence in Playground doing justice to the Fable franchise.

Topher

Gold Member
no shit sherlock GIF by Team Coco

Leyasu

Banned
Why are people still asking/thinking that Microsoft bought Bethesda to continue putting their games on other platforms?

Next elder scrolls will be a launch exclusive for the next Xbox

SLB1904

Banned
and he should have gotten rid of 'launch' in 'launch exclusive'.

Is it me or is exclusive slowly morphing into 'console exclusive' now?
Console exclusive is a spin these companies found to make them look good. Exclusive means exactly that "exclusive "

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If that 5 years old blurb the other day is true, were looking at 2026 at the earliest. By that time Series X Pro would be out and Series Y would be around the corner!

reksveks

obviously.

I meant, launch exclusively on the next Xbox and not on the series consoles.
I am not sure about that; I think it's will be 'cross gen' (gets weird with streaming so talking locally running) but it's all guesses at the moment.

Derktron

Banned
I don't understand why people still think ES6 MAY be multiplatform? MS paid billions to acquire Bethesda and get the rights to ES. Does Sony put Horizon Zero Dawn series on Xbox? NO! Do they put Spider-Man on Xbox? NO! Do they put God of War on Xbox? NO!

Sony Ponies keep saying it's anti-consumer and not right......or that the series has always been multiplatform (it hasn't)......but when you mention those Sony exclusives then that is ok to be exclusive apparently.
Good Morning Coffee GIF by Halloween

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Thread title got me worried.

I thought I wasn't going to enjoy playing Elder Scrolls VI in the same platform I played ES III: Morrowind, ES IV: Oblivion and ES V: Skyrim.
Which was obviously the PC.

Derktron

Banned
It's on PC so its not an Xbox exclusive
You still need to use a Microsoft Windows platform to play it..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................therefore it's still on the Microsoft platform and don't come with the BS but it will be on Steam. Because you still need Windows to run it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Pretty sure he has already said as much before. And of course it will, they didn't buy Bethesda to not get any exclusives out of it.

I don't see it as 100% impossible that there might be a PS5 port after a significant period of exclusivity (like at least a year), but it's probably not very likely.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
I love the amount of passive-aggressiveness in this thread.

Fanboys from both communities are somehow finding a way to trigger each other without getting banned and it's really entertaining.

Tyra Banks Wtf GIF
Plain and simple, fanboys from Sony are the complete worse when it comes to this. But I forgot. Only one side can win, right?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't understand why people still think ES6 MAY be multiplatform? MS paid billions to acquire Bethesda and get the rights to ES. Does Sony put Horizon Zero Dawn series on Xbox? NO! Do they put Spider-Man on Xbox? NO! Do they put God of War on Xbox? NO!

Sony Ponies keep saying it's anti-consumer and not right......or that the series has always been multiplatform (it hasn't)......but when you mention those Sony exclusives then that is ok to be exclusive apparently.

I mean, the difference is that those franchises were CREATED as PlayStation franchises (except for Spider-Man, although this version/universe was). They were never on Xbox, so nothing has been taken away from Xbox gamers. TES was multiplatform until MS made it not so.

Edit: I meant Xbots. Gotta keep it on your classy "Ponies" level.

Last edited:
By the time it hits you may actually be able to buy an Xbox for actual retail price, so I'll probably bite then.
I can't skip an ES, and I'm assuming there will be some other platform exclusives I'll want to try out by that time as well.

Mister Wolf

No rush neither. We got Fable, Avowed, and Starfield coming. A plethora of top tier western RPGs. If Microsoft was smart they should lock in Baldur's Gate 3 as a timed console exclusive as well.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Would be kinda stupid for it not to be, but at the same time the opposite. They spent so much money, they may need to release it on other platforms to make for it. Either way it would make more sense for it to be XSX and PC only. Works for me, just got a 3080Ti.

LordCBH

Are there people that still think they spent billions to put their biggest game of 2027 on other platforms?

Riky

$MSFT
I didn't say every TES game ever was on PlayStation, I said the series was multiplatform until MS made it not so. Which is accurate.

It wasn't first party then, it is now. They are funding development of the game, let's see what happens with Sunset Overdrive 2 and if people still feel the same then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom