• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls 6 All But Confirmed to Be an Xbox Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking news.

Who in there right mind would believe Microsoft would spend billions on Bethesda only to release their biggest games on other platforms?

Derktron

Banned
Would be kinda stupid for it not to be, but at the same time the opposite. They spent so much money, they may need to release it on other platforms to make for it. Either way it would make more sense for it to be XSX and PC only. Works for me, just got a 3080Ti.
LOL, release it on other platforms well fuck them I guess Sony should do the same, and fuck it Nintendo too!!!! I want Zelda to be on PS5 and Uncharted on Xbox.

On Demand

Banned
Why is this even still being discussed? MS bought Bethesda.

I don’t like big multiplaform developers being bought. It’s the most anti consumer shit ever no matter how many times Xbox fanboys and Phil Spencer try to justify it.

With that said, it happened. MS didn’t by Bethesda to help Sony.

It’s not something Sony needs to worry about either. Their first party games are as big as ever.

By the time ES6 is released whatever effect people think it’s going have on this generation will be meaningless.

I love the amount of passive-aggressiveness in this thread.

Fanboys from both communities are somehow finding a way to trigger each other without getting banned and it's really entertaining.
Love it too. In this thread is already more salt than on a canadian highway during winter.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
PC it is then

Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wonder what the press would be saying if this was PlayStation only?
Zhuge. I think he was the guy last gen who said PS4 and Xbox One would "launch October or December" when both companies didnt want to divulge release dates till the last minute.

Both systems launched in November.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I mean, the difference is that those franchises were CREATED as PlayStation franchises (except for Spider-Man, although this version/universe was). They were never on Xbox, so nothing has been taken away from Xbox gamers. TES was multiplatform until MS made it not so.

Edit: I meant Xbots. Gotta keep it on your classy "Ponies" level.
The first few ES were PC only. Morrowind was Xbox and PC only. So really PS only got Oblivion (which was a trainwreck) and Skyrim.

By your logic Spider-Man games have been multiplatform for decades. So just because one game is exclusive you say it shouldn't be on other platforms. Kind of a hypocrite you are.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
But it’s a legacy ip with money to be made on the market leading platform, I‘ll need a confirmation with exact wording before I‘m willing to believe otherwise! But I‘m not interested anyway!
Umm.....that's the reason to secure those IP's......to build the user base and get more XSX adopters. That is the reason for exclusivity.

Genx3

This isn’t news. I thought it was pretty clear that outside of contractual obligations, Bethesda games were Xbox platform exclusive (PC and Xbox family). I think we can put this sort of shit to bed at this point now…

But it’s a legacy ip with money to be made on the market leading platform, I‘ll need a confirmation with exact wording before I‘m willing to believe otherwise! But I‘m not interested anyway!
I'm pretty sure Phil made exceptions for Legacy Titles. He said nothing about Legacy IP.

In other words remakes and definitive editions will still release on PS. New entries in a series will most likely remain exclusive.

That's what I understood from Phil's comments and I have been 100% spot on with all his other past comments.

Little Mac

Good news regarding the exclusivity. Less excuses for it to be buggy and janky like the previous entries. Not saying the previous games were bad, but the lack of polish really limited my ability to be immersed in the experience. Anyways, here's hoping for a better experience under the MS umbrella.

Last edited:

Genx3

As an Elder Scrolls supporter since Morrowind, unless this comes to PC as standard, I’m taking a huge Molag Bal dump outside Xbox’s offices and encourage others to do the same.

Every single Xbox game gets released day and date on PC these days.

Not sure why you have any doubts about it.

Topher

Gold Member
They sell the Windows PC version.

There will be two distinct versions on PC: 1) Steam 2) Microsoft Store. Steam is and will be the dominant gaming platform on PC. Follow the money. Microsoft is one of the richest companies in the world and yet they still want that Steam revenue. So much so that they are willing to pay fees to Valve.

Riky

$MSFT
Sure, but Steam is still the superior gaming platform on Windows and Microsoft needs Steam. You said MS could afford to leave money on the table. That's not entirely true, it seems.

They are making a Windows PC version, it makes absolutely no sense not to sell it on Steam.
Personally I'll be playing it on PC Gamepass but at the end of the day Steam versions just continue to cement Windows as essential and that's what MS get out of it.

I mean....people will buy at bare minimum a series s just to play it so it's money in the bank.

Anyone holding out hope for a PS5 copy are living in denial. That's like thinking a Insomniac Spider-Man game is coming to Xbox. It's not. If you want to play you got to pay.

I never understood how gaming enthusiast forums have so many one console only owners.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
They are making a Windows PC version, it makes absolutely no sense not to sell it on Steam.
Personally I'll be playing it on PC Gamepass but at the end of the day Steam versions just continue to cement Windows as essential and that's what MS get out of it.

No, it only made sense to sell on Steam when the MS store failed to get any traction. Same that happened with EA. Ultimately, Steam versions of these games cement Steam as essential and Microsoft paying fees to Valve prove that.

Kacho

Gold Member
Well that goes without saying. They copped Bethesda because juggernauts like Starfield, TESVI and Doom will bring more people into the Xbox ecosystem. They want to sell more consoles which will increase Game Pass subs as well.

Kataploom

Gold Member
It will come to PS5/6 As a definitive version with all the mods 10 years down line same way as Skyrim. Easy money for MS
MS don't care about short terms money, they care more about Game Pass subs now because thay will allow them to get control over gaming industry in the future if succeed. They don't care about our moral views cause they are, you know, a company

windows PC ..that is, the main Microsoft platform
Again, no it isn't. Windows is the main OS on PC's.
The builders and makers of componants an sellers of PC's are not MS. Its not called a Windows PC.
PC's are made by Apple, Toshiba, Dell, Tulip, Acer, and many more...heck even Sony. Componants are made by as an example Intel, AMD and many more companies.
Do al does PC makers are marketing them as Window PC's?? Of course not......
Why is that so hard to understand??

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean... I honestly can't imagine an Elder Scrolls game not on PC. I know console players can download the "unofficial patch" and "Mesh fix" mods on the Special Edition (it's really required) because quite frankly these games would be nothing without the dedicated PC gamers fixing the damn things for them.

They get away with far too much, my biggest hope is that Microsoft put there foot down and introduce some quality control... with how Halo infinite turned around I'm actually quite hopeful.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Pretty sure he has already said as much before. And of course it will, they didn't buy Bethesda to not get any exclusives out of it.

I don't see it as 100% impossible that there might be a PS5 port after a significant period of exclusivity (like at least a year), but it's probably not very likely.
What i think is that only bethesda softworks games will be exclusives and new ips but not doom and wolfenstein

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Microsoft is threading the needle for an elder scrolls exclusive but it will feel like a timed exclusive, every game besides Mario and MGS4 find their way on other platforms and let’s go further and get all games on PC via roms, homebrew, further putting every game ever made on one console via homebrew, jailbreaks
Jeff Hardy Sport GIF by WWE

Ozriel

M$FT
Sony didn't spend Billions on a single company. GP is still not making huge money yet either.

An Elder Scrolls game will be profitable from retail and Steam sales alone.
you think MS needs to make back those billions from sales of games within the next few years?
I mean... I honestly can't imagine an Elder Scrolls game not on PC. I know console players can download the "unofficial patch" and "Mesh fix" mods on the Special Edition (it's really required) because quite frankly these games would be nothing without the dedicated PC gamers fixing the damn things for them.

They get away with far too much, my biggest hope is that Microsoft put there foot down and introduce some quality control... with how Halo infinite turned around I'm actually quite hopeful.

not sure why you’re wasting your time with this. All xbox games are coming to PC day one. Of course the next elder scrolls game will be on PC day one

What i think is that only bethesda softworks games will be exclusives and new ips but not doom and wolfenstein

I suggest you come to terms with the fact that Doom and Wolfenstein are extremely unlikely to be on any platform that doesn’t support Gamepass.

Topher

Gold Member

I don't think so. If it is a MS owned franchise then I think it will only be on Xbox, MS Store, and Steam. The only one I'm uncertain about is Indiana Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom