• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls 6: Several Job Listings Hint At Multiplayer Mode

Stafford

Didn't Todd say a few years ago that both Starfield and TES VI are SP games? That they announced these two games so early to reassure the fans that 76 was not the only type of game they'd be making from there on out?

Didn't Todd say a few years ago that both Starfield and TES VI are SP games? That they announced these two games so early to reassure the fans that 76 was not the only type of game they'd be making from there on out?

Pete said that. He's just a marketing guy. He's not going to know the direction of a game that wasn't even in pre-production.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Probably because it doesn't relate to this job listing and no it's definitely not more interesting

You have about as much knowledge as to the relevancy of these job listings to a project as anyone else in this thread. Which is functionally zero.

Having said that, both are at least within the same area as both use the exact same template for their announcements, just formatted to the local language.

. . . you keep clearing up these "wild misconceptions" for us though.

You have about as much knowledge as to the relevancy of these job listings to a project as anyone else in this thread. Which is functionally zero.

Having said that, both are at least within the same area as both use the exact same template for their announcements, just formatted to the local language.

. . . you keep clearing up these "wild misconceptions" for us though.

It'll help you to read more than the title of the job listing. It'll be pretty apparent that it's referring to 76. The other listing is not.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Fable II and III are also single player games. And they have multiplayer co-op.

Hugare

I really wonder why they would add multiplayer to it when they already have ESO. Maybe a co op mode with some friends might be fun, but I don't really see how multiplayer would add much to the world.
ESO is almost 10 years old already

I dont know why people are freaking out. It's probably co-op, not a Fallout 76 situation.

Which you're getting from what. . .? Since you're the only one reading more than the job title.

• Modify and maintain existing monetization and gameplay systems for a live game
  • You have familiarity with the Fallout franchise
  • You have additional experience in games with RPG, shooting, and building systems
Are you aware of any other BGS title that is a Fallout game, includes RPG, shooting and building systems and has an existing monetization system?

And with the other listings being based at the montreal studio, which also is not involved with 76, seems safe to conclude that no, they're not related

Last edited:

Raven77

The Office No GIF

Nothing like waiting 15 years for a sequel to Skyrim only to have it possibly ruined by multiplayer which has NEVER been an official part of these games in the past.

Last edited:
Co-op as an option would be awesome. Imagine exploring a world like Skyrim with a buddy. Any other kind of multiplayer doesn't make sense, and I hope they are not focused on that. The other concern is how well their engine would hold up. Everyone loves to give Bethesda shit about bugs, but the ability to mod their games is super critical to why it has such good legs. If Co-op breaks moding then it's definitely not worth it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
  • Modify and maintain existing monetization and gameplay systems for a live game
  • You have familiarity with the Fallout franchise
  • You have additional experience in games with RPG, shooting, and building systems
Are you aware of any other BGS title that is a Fallout game, includes RPG, shooting and building systems and has an existing monetization system?

And with the other listings being based at the montreal studio, which also is not involved with 76, seems safe to conclude that no, they're not related

Okay then. I'm not even sure why we're on this track but thanks for clearing, something, up.

Metnut

Makes sense maybe. You’ll see this happen more often as Microsoft has to monetize these games if they are going to be on Gamepass.

Hopefully this speculation is wrong and this is for another project. I doubt they’ve really done anything with ES6 yet as they are likely all hands on deck for Starfield at the moment.

Last edited:
There's gotta be at least some big new feature in the game that ensures it ships absolutely broken and unfinished. Wouldn't be a real Bethesda game otherwise. Guys just making sure fans get what they want.

K2D

Banned
How dare you put Elden Ring in with those others
Haha. Whatever.. you do you. I just listed of some mp rpgs for discussions sake. If you have some other, preferably not live service examples for discussion's sake, please name them.

"It's MS, there it's good by default" is no better. The mainline Elder Scrolls has always excelled as a single player game. Not wanting Bethesda to switch their focus to multiplayer is perfectly understandable.
I don't give MS a pass for anything that actually pisses me off, corpos aren't your friends. I'm just talking about immediately going from 'hiring advertisements might indicate optional co-op in ES6' to 'Elder Scrolls is dead', 'it's going to be a live service game', 'Gamepass did this', etc.

I mean FFS, a mild indication of a feature in a game at least 5 years away, and people are loosing their goddamned minds. I would have loved to hop into my friend's game of Skyrim back in 2011, and I've said for years that Fallout 76 should have been a traditional Bethesda Fallout with optional co-op which I think we can all agree on.

Stuart360

Its not going to be a Fallout 76 type situation, come on guys lol. You reallynthink they would go there after the 'fallout' from 76?.

This will be some kind of co-op feature, if its even about ES6 in the first place.

As long as i can play the game single player like the other ES games, i dont really care.

Topher

Gold Member
I don't give MS a pass for anything that actually pisses me off, corpos aren't your friends. I'm just talking about immediately going from 'hiring advertisements might indicate optional co-op in ES6' to 'Elder Scrolls is dead', 'it's going to be a live service game', 'Gamepass did this', etc.

I mean FFS, a mild indication of a feature in a game at least 5 years away, and people are loosing their goddamned minds. I would have loved to hop into my friend's game of Skyrim back in 2011, and I've said for years that Fallout 76 should have been a traditional Bethesda Fallout with optional co-op which I think we can all agree on.

If losing our goddamned minds now helps Bethesda realize bolting multiplayer on to an mainline Elder Scrolls game is stupid thing to do then I say let folks lose their minds all they want. If this doesn't piss you off then you have no skin in this anyway. It does piss others off and so they are giving MS shit about it. Corpos are not our friends.....

If losing our goddamned minds now helps Bethesda realize bolting multiplayer on to an mainline Elder Scrolls game is stupid thing to do then I say let folks lose their minds all they want. If this doesn't piss you off then you have no skin in this anyway. It does piss others off and so they are giving MS shit about it. Corpos are not our friends.....
In no way did Far Cry's co-op do anything to the base single-player experience other than give me some great memories tagging along with my cousin's boyfriend first time playing Far Cry New Dawn.

The Skyrim multiplayer mod was quite popular on this damned site not even a year ago.

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:
Then they can do another damned mod, now can't they?

What is this shit? You can bitch when MS pisses you off, but no one else can......unless it pisses you off?
I was talking about your insinuation that I support every single decision MS makes, and you know it.

Perrott

Gold Member
This thread is so misleading.

The job listing is for Fallout 76, which is an open world multiplayer title. The fact that there's a mention to the TES modding SDK (as well as the one from the Fallout titles) merely reinforces the fact that they're looking for individuals already somewhat experienced with the in-house tools utilized at Bethesda Game Studios.

Job listings make it sound like this isn't coming out until 2026.
Bro I'm optimistic AF, and there's a snowball's chance in Miami that ES6 comes out in 2026. I don't even expect full production to begin until June next year considering BGS likes to take around a year for expansions.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh my god, it just says have strong familiarity with a variety of open world games.

Most job requirements ask for familiarity with shit that has nothing to do with the actual job.

Relax everyone, it's a nothing burger for a game that likely isn't even coming out in the next 5~ years.

Man the shit i am reading about Microsoft owned exclusives (Bethesda) is making me go 😬. This, and now Redfall 30fps. Whats next? ☠️💀

Bro I'm optimistic AF, and there's a snowball's chance in Miami that ES6 comes out in 2026. I don't even expect full production to begin until June next year considering BGS likes to take around a year for expansions.

I'm sure they have to have the scrap paper with the drawings done by now.

Phase

If it's like MMO multiplayer stuff that's fine. I'd very much dislike if they spend a decent amount of resources creating some pvp that will surely be ignored.

Top Bottom