• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind |OT| Why walk when you can ride?

I apologize if this isn't the right thread but I'm having a hell of a time. Just bought ESO: Tamriel Edition on Steam, cleared the space for the massive download, and now when I launch, it takes me to a second install screen? I am seeing that there are some issues with the Steam version but I just can't find a solution? I can't find a place to download the client from the ESO website, or link my account, or anything.

Anyone experience this?

I apologize if this isn't the right thread but I'm having a hell of a time. Just bought ESO: Tamriel Edition on Steam, cleared the space for the massive download, and now when I launch, it takes me to a second install screen? I am seeing that there are some issues with the Steam version but I just can't find a solution? I can't find a place to download the client from the ESO website, or link my account, or anything.

Anyone experience this?

I have the PS4 version so I can't help much, but does it ever reach the end of the second install screen?

Sometimes MMORPGs have two different download\install phases (Final Fantasy XIV has this on the PS4).

Redshirt

Banned

Anyone experience this?

I have the Steam version too.

I think this is normal. The second install screen patches the game up to the current version.

Mithos

I have the Steam version too.

I think this is normal. The second install screen patches the game up to the current version.

This is super annoying....for MMO'S, when steam download 20-40GB, and then the client need to redownload the same amount again.
Games need to be updated on server side, so if someone downloads for the first time or from not having it installed it should download the newest version available the first time.

Redshirt

Banned
This is super annoying....for MMO'S, when steam download 20-40GB, and then the client need to redownload the same amount again.
Games need to be updated on server side, so if someone downloads for the first time or from not having it installed it should download the newest version available the first time.

Yeah. I bitch about it a lot and actually wish I had bought straight from Zeni.

Twice now I've had the update corrupt, which is a clusterfuck with Steam and makes you re-download EVERYTHING. :/

Just now started doing dungeons at level 50. They're pretty fun.

Love 'em. Personally feel like this is one of the areas where ESO distinguishes itself in PvE compared to other MMOs I've played.

Just now started doing dungeons at level 50. They're pretty fun.

Yeah, Dungeons in ESO are really really fun!

Both instanced Dungeons and Public Dungeons.

Even Delves (the mini Dungeon) are a lot of fun! Find it amazing there are not more MMORPGs with this kind of content.

DeviantBoi

I want to get back into ESO. I feel like I didn't give it much of a try when I first played it. Eventually had to delete it because I was running out of HDD space on my PS4. But now I have a 2TB HDD and I want to give it another shot.

I only have vanilla ESO, but there's a sale for one more day, and I was wondering exactly what to get.

Is it better to buy crowns to purchase the 4-DLC pack or should I get the Morrowind expansion?

What's the best bang for my buck?

Redshirt

Banned
Since the crowns are on sale, the four-DLC mega pack costs you $24 and gives you a lot of content:

Wrothgar, which is arguably the best story content in the game; Imperial City; two IC dungeons; Dark Brotherhood; Thieves' Guild; and a trial.

Morrowind is quite good and comes with PvP battlegrounds and a trial but doesn't provide nearly as much content overall at $30.

I want to get back into ESO. I feel like I didn't give it much of a try when I first played it. Eventually had to delete it because I was running out of HDD space on my PS4. But now I have a 2TB HDD and I want to give it another shot.

I only have vanilla ESO, but there's a sale for one more day, and I was wondering exactly what to get.

Is it better to buy crowns to purchase the 4-DLC pack or should I get the Morrowind expansion?

What's the best bang for my buck?

Well, I have to say maybe the DLCs but if you can also buy Morrowind lol

Edit: Also remember that the latest DLC Horns of the Reach is coming out tomorrow.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Flicking between Destiny 2 and ESO on the fly using my Elite controller on my PC is god tier gaming.

I forsee this being my rotation with a dash of PUBG and Paragon in there as well for MP goodness.

RIP Life lol.

Shatohin

Neo Member
Just wanted to update you that after last yesterday patch on PS4 Pro the build is buttery smooth. I even forgot how this game could be that smooth and balanced in terms of FPS.
So please check you all who was waiting for the improvement.

DeviantBoi

70GB download on the PS4.

:(

At least I decided to download after a big patch... nothing like downloading a huge game just to get a huge patch a day after.

Since the crowns are on sale, the four-DLC mega pack costs you $24 and gives you a lot of content:

Wrothgar, which is arguably the best story content in the game; Imperial City; two IC dungeons; Dark Brotherhood; Thieves' Guild; and a trial.

Morrowind is quite good and comes with PvP battlegrounds and a trial but doesn't provide nearly as much content overall at $30.
Is this sale just for PS4? That's a great deal but I can't find any reference to it on PC.

This was on the official ESO Forums, about the upcoming DLC Clockwork City:

1. Coming Q4
2. The story: CWC has been discovered and something is up with Sotha Sil and you need to find out what ( NON SPOILER )
3. New Trial/Mini Trial - The order you kill the bosses is the difficulty, ( i.e dont kill any and let them all spawn in for the super Hard mode )
4. NEW TRIAL WEAPONS, ( Insylum Weapons ) Similar to Master/vMA weapons
5. EXCLUSIVE POLYMORPH for the HARDEST of Hard Mode ( doesn't drop all the time )
6. CWC is a NEW ZONE, same size in scale as DB/TG
7. It will be part of ESO+ also can be bought for Crowns ( Price not stated )
8. CWC will be around 10-15 hours, if new items/sets etc
9. New BG mode - Crazy King, similar to Dom but they flags MOVE
10. ITEM RETRAITS - ITS HAPPENING - Let you change traits as long as you have them researched, Weapons and Armour ( Extra component for this to be done, NO INFO YET )
11. On PTS, THIS Month

dubq

Well, the latest patch fixed the lag/stutter issue I was having. Going to binge on this game until it's broken again. ^_^

Redshirt

Banned
I do love that you can change traits now. I spent 600k+ on my Necro staves, and they weren't optimal after the changes.

I guess that's more important, but I was really hoping to see transmogrification finally implemented too.

fdd08fd5657fa583cf78446f9b355848.jpg

Clockwork City and the next big update (Update 16)

There's plenty of missed opportunity with housing in this game. They're seemingly absent of function or even solid role playing elements. They could have themes for fighters, thieves, assassins, etc...Instead they are rather dull.

Redshirt

Banned
There's plenty of missed opportunity with housing in this game. They're seemingly absent of function or even solid role playing elements. They could have themes for fighters, thieves, assassins, etc...Instead they are rather dull.

Yeah. Housing is a wasted opportunity in ESO.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I still have an insane amount of content to play through before I get to the latest content. Wish I got into the game earlier.

I still have an insane amount of content to play through before I get to the latest content. Wish I got into the game earlier.

I only started late in 2016 and it seems like that was a good time to jump in. The game didn't leave many positive impressions when it launched.

phant0m

Picked this up after I got tired of the BDO grind. Was pleasantly surprised to see it has you starting off right in Vvardenfell? I would’ve thought I’d have to play through some of the OG content first.

Redshirt

Banned
Picked this up after I got tired of the BDO grind. Was pleasantly surprised to see it has you starting off right in Vvardenfell? I would’ve thought I’d have to play through some of the OG content first.

Nope, and it actually works pretty well story-wise for a new character.

Your adventure in Vvardenfell serves as your life before everything that goes down in the main story.

If you don't care about story, the game is set up to let you play wherever you want for the most part.

Sarcasm

Guys I got the base game from the monthly, what is a good class for solo play? Does race matter?

I prefer tanking and DPS if this is possible on one character...

phant0m

Been having a very fun time so far playing a dest mage. Only time I have an issue soloing is during some of the boss fights, since some of them ignore my cc and stun moves, but a few good buffs and a pack of potions usually gets me through.

Also, highly recommend Morrowind if you played the original. The nostalgia feels are good.

Guys I got the base game from the monthly, what is a good class for solo play? Does race matter?

For Tank you might go with a Nord Dragonknight, that is what I use.

I also have a DPS build with the same character so you are good to go!

But I don't recommend a tank build for PvE solo, only Dungeons and group stuff!

Redshirt

Banned

Magicka Sorcerer. Awesome DPS plus Hardened Ward, which can keep you alive through anything. Pet build makes you even tankier.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve-morrowind/

A second option would be Magicka Templar. He has Harness Magicka (a shield) plus self-heals via attacks.

Definitely not as sexy as MagSorc but an easier transition to group play depending on your disposition: heals vs DPS.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve-morrowind/

Sarcasm

Magicka Sorcerer. Awesome DPS plus Hardened Ward, which can keep you alive through anything. Pet build makes you even tankier.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve-morrowind/

A second option would be Magicka Templar. He has Harness Magicka (a shield) plus self-heals via attacks.

Definitely not as sexy as MagSorc but an easier transition to group play depending on your disposition: heals vs DPS.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-templar-build-pve-morrowind/

None of this makes sense to me. Even in the builder thing. I open my skill and I don't even see what I see in those posts.

Halp!

None of this makes sense to me. Even in the builder thing. I open my skill and I don't even see what I see in those posts.

Halp!

Tanky class that can DPS? Try Stamina or Magic DragonKnight. Yes, from your other post, race selection does matter for DPS numbers. Not so much so for tanking.

I mainly PvP(player versus player) with my Stamina DK, but when I went into PVE(player versus enemy), I use the DKs poison abilities on my targets to melt their health then finish them off with my 2-handed sword.

If I run into a strong boss, I can just turtle up with one-hand and shield and tank for other players. All the awhile putting my poison on the boss.

Sarcasm

Tanky class that can DPS? Try Stamina or Magic DragonKnight. Yes, from your other post, race selection does matter for DPS numbers. Not so much so for tanking.

I mainly PvP(player versus player) with my Stamina DK, but when I went into PVE(player versus enemy), I use the DKs poison abilities on my targets to melt their health then finish them off with my 2-handed sword.

If I run into a strong boss, I can just turtle up with one-hand and shield and tank for other players. All the awhile putting my poison on the boss.

No I mean I am looking at his link for the Magicka Sorcerer. I see skills and I don't understand how you get them. I mean some are way high leveled, but which do I get starting?

Taker34

Banned
No I mean I am looking at his link for the Magicka Sorcerer. I see skills and I don't understand how you get them. I mean some are way high leveled, but which do I get starting?

That's because you can morph each skill. It's basically either a stamina or magicka based morph. The skill will change its name and effects, depending on which morph you choose. If you're at that point I wouldn't worry about skills and the correct setup until you reach something close to 160 Champion Points (CP). Just play how you like and adjust your class later on, since you can literally change everything.

Edit: To answer your original question it is possible to tank and DPS in one class but highly ineffective, which becomes more of a problem during endgame PVE content where it's simply unusable. The best main tank class is a Dragonknight. The best off tank (support) is a Warden. All DPS classes have good survivability (except stamina Nightblade). Wardens are also the least potent DPS class currently, whether it's magicka or stamina. That's PVE though and PVP has its own rules, but I don't feel qualified to make a statement about that since I'm an endgame PVE player.

Redshirt

Banned

Sorry. I didn't realize you were brand new.

Have you looked at Deltia's site? http://deltiasgaming.com/elder-scrolls-online/

I wouldn't really worry about tankiness for overworld PvE.

But if you want something that's really newbie-friendly, Magicka Templar is a great choice imo:

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-templar-dps-build/#Leveling

It's not as uber as it once was, but it does good dps, self-heals, has a castable shield later on, and can play two different roles if you decide to get into dungeons.

Sarcasm

Sorry. I didn't realize you were brand new.

Have you looked at Deltia's site? http://deltiasgaming.com/elder-scrolls-online/

I wouldn't really worry about tankiness for overworld PvE.

But if you want something that's really newbie-friendly, Magicka Templar is a great choice imo:

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-templar-dps-build/#Leveling

It's not as uber as it once was, but it does good dps, self-heals, has a castable shield later on, and can play two different roles if you decide to get into dungeons.

I am now. Thing is how do I check which spell it morphed from on that magsorc link?

Redshirt

Banned
Here's one option: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Skills

Destructive Touch->Destructive Clench
Conjured Ward->Hardened Ward
Magelight->Inner Light
Bound Armor->Bound Aegis**
Unstable Familiar->Volatile Familiar**
Meteor->Shooting Star

Wall of Elements->Elemental Blockade*
Lightning Splash->Liquid Lightning
Daedric Curse->Daedric Prey
Bound Armor->Bound Aegis**
Unstable Familiar->Volatile Familiar**
Elemental Storm->Elemental Rage*

*The name on these will change depending on the of staff you use.

**This is double-slotted since it'll fall off/unsummon after a weapon swap.

You'll need to use a leveling guide if you're starting fresh since you'll need filler skills until these all become available.

BizzyBum

That Grim Harlequin armor motif in the crown store is pretty sick, good thing I have some crowns saved up from ESO+

vZQVAab.png

Redshirt

Banned
Just put it on your bar like you do the base skills.

If the skill is already on your bar when you morph it, it will update for you.

Top Bottom