• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Mononoke

Banned
There's my YouTube video in the OP, which is recorded entirely on Xbox One. It's 1080p, 30fps (near enough locked - I have a separate video on capture card with fps counter). Runs between High to Ultra settings from PC on console.

I'm stupid, should have checked more closely. I'll check it out now. Also, glad to hear it's running well! Now I'm really excited. :D

Are the quests pretty varied or is mostly the standard fetch kind of stuff?

i reached about level 15 in the PC version and it was mostly standard MMO fare, as far as what you are doing goes. the big difference with ESO is the context given to the task at hand. voice acting and writing are strong, but at the end of the day, you're just helping a person deal with some monsters.

they took a lot of the recent quest designs that WoW has, such as getting a mob to a certain % health then hitting a button to "absorb it" or whatever the quest context might be. there's also some phase shifting in that a quest can "send you back to the past" where a particular area has different aesthetics and monsters around until you finish the quest and exit the instance.

-NeoTB1-

I tried out all 3 factions in the PC version. I liked DC the most, though AD was a close second.

Are the quests pretty varied or is mostly the standard fetch kind of stuff?

The run the gambit from mind-numbingly boring fetch quests to layered storylines with interesting people and dialogue. So, pretty standard fare I guess. It seemed fairly balanced to me.

I've lost interest in the Witcher due to a number of things so I'm considering trading it in and picking this up. There is a 10% extra trade in value this week and I get an additional 20% value because it's my birthday week. I'll be watching reviews carefully.

This will not review well, it's an MMO and requires an existing interest in the genre to really enjoy to any extent at all. I'd wager the best this will get from mainstream sites is 7/10. Some sites will score it really harshly but the game will sell plenty and it will easily be the best MMO on consoles.

I think this is a better game that FF14 and any other MMO like attempts on console so far.

What's the open world structure like? Is it like Skyrim/Fallout where you can walk from one end of the map to the other or is it split up in areas like Final Fantasy XIV?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No problem. See you there!

Anyone know when the servers are going live on XB1 in NA? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.
12:01AM Eastern

9:01PM Pacific

They initially said Midnight local time, but with it being one giant megaserver for NA, I imagine it'll be up at the same time for everyone in NA. Just like the PAL region.

empyrean

It seems to be up and working here in the uk? Just able to register for an account and now getting the intro video?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PS4 Roll call thread

Psn id's and faction votes are being done on this spreadsheet. Quote to reveal. Daggerfall is currently winning.

We still need a guild name.

FuttBuck will make the guild at midnight then he will give people invite permissions to get people in.

Jarlaxle

Super excited for this. I'll be rolling an Altmeir Sorcerer. I'm on XB1 in NA so I guess I'll be going Daggerfall Covenant as well. This is my first experience with the game (other than watching an insane amount of youtube about it over the past week).

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
console streams on Twitch are looking REALLY good. holy shit.

I know its par for the course on PC but getting a fully fledged MMO on consoles is something special, we don't get it very often.

U2NUMB

Got my code from billing history.. 20 bucks is such a great deal considering I only paid 20 for the PC game back in the day.

At work but hopefully its downloading on my X1 right now.

Super excited for this. I'll be rolling an Altmeir Sorcerer. I'm on XB1 in NA so I guess I'll be going Daggerfall Covenant as well. This is my first experience with the game (other than watching an insane amount of youtube about it over the past week).

I think you're restricted to Bretons, Orcs, and Regards if you go DC. I think there's some way to go any race though if you buy some premium expansion.

Dunlop

Go to BILLING INFO on the left, and it will show all your transactions, on the £12.99 one it will have a code with it XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, try that on the redeem code section of PSN or the PSN webstore
Figured out how to do this with the mobile client and psn is not advertising the code :-(

I'm not destined to play day 1 lol

Mindman

I'm really hoping this game gets at least a 93 on Metacritic. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Lol, why 93 specifically?

On another note, I can't believe we will playing this game tonight, after all the silence and delays for the console versions!

DMTripper

First post :-D

My account just became activated just in time for this game! Been a console gamer all my life and this is my first MMO. I can't wait to dive in and neither can my daughter. Hopefully it'll be a lot of fun, it looks really cool.

Just hope Amazon deliver tomorrow as planned!

I'm really hoping this game gets at least a 93 on Metacritic. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Has an MMO ever been highly rated?

The last 24 hours have had my hype level for this game go through the roof. Girlfriend and I are getting the Xbox version first thing tomorrow morning.

For someone that at most can put in 5-10 hrs per week and will be questing with friends who will more than likely put in more time, is this a safe purchase?

MMO virgin but big RPG fan.

gossi

Here's some PC screenshots from GAFer Queen of Hunting. It's PC but console is pretty similar (a mix of High and Ultra graphic options).

F9sb.png

I9sb.png

J9sb.png

9Oqb.png

Jetman

This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but do all of the servers share space with the different consoles/PC? For example will there be a server where PS4 and X-Bone peeps can play with PC users?
I know FFXIV servers PC and Playstation people could play together...

gossi

This is probably going to be a really dumb question, but do all of the servers share space with the different consoles/PC? For example will there be a server where PS4 and X-Bone peeps can play with PC users?
I know FFXIV servers PC and Playstation people could play together...

No. Xbox One users are locked to XB1. PS4 is PS4. PC is PC.

Simo

PS4 Roll call thread

Psn id's and faction votes are being done on this spreadsheet. Quote to reveal. Daggerfall is currently winning.

We still need a guild name.

FuttBuck will make the guild at midnight then he will give people invite permissions to get people in.

Midnight PST or something else? Also IIRC you had to be level 10 before you could join or create guilds....?

Top Bottom