• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Concept17

Whatever region you're in, digitally you unlock at midnight your timezone. That's the plan. It has gone live in most Asia countries (hence the Twitch streams) at midnight their time.

Hmm, according to the timer on my PS4, it's in just under 11 hours.

So how much improvement should I expect over the PC launch version? I only read the reviews back then and it has kept me from getting this at launch.

Ok so boomerangrentals are sending this out to everyone they can today..

I thought it was one account per game? Are we now saying i can buy this digitally ans run it on 2 consoles with 2 seperate accounts?
me and my lad (lives with me, only 13) do this with all MP games.

H3xum

Anyone coming from PC....

If you had to break down the class popularity (and what parties are looking for in raids), what would you say it is?

i.e. 40% dragonknight, 30% sorcerer, 20% nightblade, 10% templar etc etc

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
How is the frame rate on PS4? I was watching a few vids on you tube and they were either clearly xbox or PC, the other ones were pretty dodgey.

Im rather interested but dont want to walk into a game that has no polish. If anyone has some good quality PS4 footage id love a link.

Thanks

Pop

Ok so boomerangrentals are sending this out to everyone they can today..

I thought it was one account per game? Are we now saying i can buy this digitally ans run it on 2 consoles with 2 seperate accounts?

No CD key required. You should be able to.

Quick frame rate video from my PS4 play.

You'll see its not smooth all the time, it jutters from time to time.

Now, I dont know whats causing this, I suspect lag more than anything else.

Yyou'll notice it the most if you watch around the 50 seconds to 1 minute time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHpUmIQJYg

Nat Type 2
Wired Ethernet connection with power adapter plugs.

Any suggestions?

I redeemed my code for the PC--->X1 account copy and I downloaded 55 gigs in 2.5 hours not too bad, Ill be ready for the game midnight after work.

Is this confirmed? It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger.

Directly from the official forums:
A unique game key will not be required for physical editions The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 . As with any other physical copy on these platforms, only the game disc will be needed for verification. This means that you are able to share the game disc with a friend, or purchase a pre-owned copy of the game without any issues.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...red-for-physical-versions-of-ps4-and-xbox-one

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Can someone familiar with the game clear one thing up for me:

I hear that you can access other faction PvE areas after reaching a certain level. Aren't the quests in those other areas aimed at the other faction? If I'm playing Alliance in WoW, hit level 100, then get access to horde quests, that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Just curious how this works, lore wise.

Pac3y

Just wondering as the console version doesn't use a cd key like method. Could you technically account share with friends? (Digital) And just make an ESO login per user.

Also can you change the megaserver on the console version? Or is it client locked?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Can someone familiar with the game clear one thing up for me:

I hear that you can access other faction PvE areas after reaching a certain level. Aren't the quests in those other areas aimed at the other faction? If I'm playing Alliance in WoW, hit level 100, then get access to horde quests, that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Just curious how this works, lore wise.
yeah, you have to ignore the weirdness.

Just wondering as the console version doesn't use a cd key like method. Could you technically account share with friends? (Digital) And just make an ESO login per user.

I can't say for sure since the game hasn't unlocked yet, but I would think so. All games on XB1/360/PS4/PS3 function this way.

Nodnol

Just checking in.

Wasn't too hyped, but some friends pressured me in and I had some credit on my Live account. Game is downloading now.

Getting hyped now I'm actually reading up on to. After the PC launch my interest nosedived, but it seems they sorted a lot of the issues out? P2P really put me off initially too.

I'll be going with my usual class build for most fantasy RPGs; dual wielding rogue-esque character, probably Bosmer, with Bows to supplement. Any long term PC players got any tips?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Watching the top PS4 stream (in Live From PlayStation), seems to be running well. The odd hitch here and there (hard to tell if that's the game or the stream though), but otherwise looks like a steady 30.

Quick frame rate video from my PS4 play.

You'll see its not smooth all the time, it jutters from time to time.

Now, I dont know whats causing this, I suspect lag more than anything else.

Yyou'll notice it the most if you watch around the 50 seconds to 1 minute time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHpUmIQJYg

Nat Type 2
Wired Ethernet connection with power adapter plugs.

Any suggestions?

Put it in your router's DMZ or try port forwarding. Worked like a charm on my XB1.

BizzyBum

I still can't believe they went with the name Tamriel Unlimited. Just so damn corny.

Hoping the console crowd enjoys it. I've been playing it off and on since PC release a year ago and it has improved a lot since launch.

Top Bottom